Author Topic: Nintendo Download - January 5, 2012  (Read 1256 times)

Offline Patchkid15

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
Nintendo Download - January 5, 2012
« on: January 05, 2012, 02:17:19 PM »

Samurai and Zombies all in one week.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/28872

Nintendo's Download Services received four new games this week, however, the Wii's Virtual Console was once again left out.

This week the 3DS eShop received Samurai Sword Destiny. This hack-and-slash adventure sets female samurai, Akane, out into the world in search of her missing brother. Samurai Sword Destiny is available for $5.99.

Next is Quick Fill Q on both Nintendo's DSiWare and eShop services. Players help Q, a round creature, traverse a flat plane that is filled with holes. It is the players goal to fill in the holes before Q gets to them. Quick Fill Q can be downloaded for $1.99.

The DSiWare and eShop services also received 3 Heroes - Crystal Soul. This action/adventure game sets players out on a quest to protect a kingdom by defeating monsters created by Rune Crystals. It can be purchased for $4.99.

Lastly Zombii Attack was released on the WiiWare service. This arcade survival game has players fighting off hoards of zombies before they eat you. Zombii Attack is available now for 500 Wii Points.

Offline TrueNerd

• Score: 6
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo Download - January 5, 2012
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2012, 02:56:38 PM »
Well after a glorious December I suppose I can't complain about this seemingly lackluster week in the eShop. I can't help but be annoyed by the lack of anything going up in the virtual console.

Offline Olimar77

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2012, 05:48:09 PM »
I've not purchased anything from WiiWare in so long. I feel like I should blindly buy Zombie Attack just to support the service.

Offline leahsdad

• This title stolen by Rhythm Thief
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2012, 06:08:32 PM »
I just sort of wonder if the eshop and virtual console really matter to Nintendo....or if this is maybe a pet project of a few higher-ups.  As much as I love the services and spend quite a bit of money on them, I have a feelling that if their download services are even profitable, it barely represents even a single digit percentile in Nintendo's overall worldwide business.  If it was a bigger priority or meant big business, I think we'd see a lot more effort in not just publicizing Thursday releases, but maybe curating the VC releases a little better.

And I also think we will never see GBA VC's in this hardware generation.   Geez, we've barely gone through less than 30 GB games and 2 GBC games.   There are literally hundreds more where those came from.  And where's the Game Gear and TG16? 
[Showing off game collection]

Oh yeah, I know I have 2 sealed copies of that game.   1 is for trading.  But people who collect Amiibos?  They really have a problem!

Offline bhurak

• Score: -2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2012, 12:06:28 AM »
Yeah not a hot week. I was sort of hoping for smb.  I'd love to see NES titles for non-ambassador 3DS.  Bonus points if  they do it as a 3d Classic.