Author Topic: Swapnote / Nintendo Letter Box now available worldwide  (Read 36497 times)

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Re: Swapnote / Nintendo Letter Box now available worldwide
« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2011, 01:41:30 PM »
The crass ones are the best ones. Atleast they aren't dick jokes or pictures I have heard others get.

You can do something I consider impossible for me to do. The Zelda ones are very well drawn. Tell them how bad by pictures are.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2011, 01:54:04 PM »
you mean like "guess this animal"?

They are pretty bad, but I don't consider mine very good either.
all stick figures up until the most recent one.

I used Google Image search for inspiration on my idea, but it really only helped with the first pic. I had to freehand it from there.

I just know how Mop it up can get about certain topics and I didn't want to turn her away from swapnote even though I think the stuff I send out is pretty damn funny/entertaining.

and even if it wasn't... it was fun to create. I'm having far too much fun with swapnote.
I need to add more FC's so that it stays more active.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 01:55:45 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2011, 03:41:01 PM »
Looks like you can receive up to 20 notes at one time. I finally had a chance to download this yesterday, and I kept receiving new notes in bundles of 20 about every 15 minutes or so. At least they don't seem to be lost if you let them pile up, I ended up with over 100.

I'm going to need to practice drawing though, I'm not used to writing on electronic devices.

I didn't want to send Mop it up any of the more "crass" (as oohhboy put it) swapnotes,
Why not? Someone else will, I'm sure, so you probably have the best shot at making it funny.

Offline TheFleece

• K.K. Slider Vinyl Collector
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2011, 05:39:33 PM »
Hey guys, I made a RPG out of Swapnote.  Check it out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrDFhhh-MuQ

My video got posted on GoNintendo.  Sweet!

I made note of the video, but I haven't had time to really sit down and watch it. The idea alone is super interesting so sign me on for it. I added you. My code is 1762 2808 0367.
Handhelds at Heart
---
It's like a finger pointing away to the moon....
You don't want no part of this ***!
Animal Crossing New Leaf Pics

Offline Seacor

• Score: 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2011, 06:04:48 PM »
Also, why is there no ability to reply to replies to one of your own messages?
or even to someone else's?

you get to reply once. What if we want to hold a conversation based on that original message?

Not being able to reply to a note thread you started and only allowed one reply to someone else's note thread is a big oversight/design flaw.  I hope a future software update will remedy this.
"Do you expect me to talk?"
"No, Mr. Bond. I expect you to die."

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2011, 06:57:32 PM »
I think having 100 messages per thread and 100 friends per 3DS is no accident.

But definitely an oversight on both accounts.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2011, 11:48:55 PM »
I just sent out another 2 parter.

This one is relevant to current events :D

Hope you guys enjoy it.

edit: For those asking about the pic at the end
I had already drawn it out and that was a last minute addition that I jumped to the camera and took really quick.
I turned the 3D off, but apparently that didn't matter. I know what to do differently for next time that situation arises though.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 06:43:33 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 01, 2012, 05:10:13 PM »
It's twice now that someone has sent me a message (probably a mass message) where it was deleted by the system because "It contained invalid data or was sent from someone that is no longer on my friends list"

Considering the fact that I haven't nor do I know how to remove someone from my friends list. Someone is sending me invalid data.

Has anyone else received that message?

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 01, 2012, 07:47:08 PM »
I received that message today also. The swapnote icon had a blue dot on it so I clicked on it and all I got was that message. That was around 2 pm Mountain Time. I didn't have you listed as a friend yet at that time. I thought it might have referred to Deguello because he was online and using swapnote at that time when I checked my friend list.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline TheFleece

• View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2012, 11:08:23 AM »
Do you think we could be  able to send 10 minute vids? I also wonder if there would be a memory issue with storing them on the internal memory instead of the SD card.
I'd also like to sketch in color. Why that was left out initially makes no sense to me.
Handhelds at Heart
---

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 02, 2012, 11:59:19 AM »
we can only send 1 pic per message..... so Im not holding my breath for video

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 02, 2012, 02:24:11 PM »
Apparently there is a special SwapNote Stationary from Nintendo being sent around like a chain letter.

You can't have it unless someone sends it to you.
But as soon as you get it it, you can use it in a message to your friends, who can then do the same.

It was originally sent out in Japan, so can our Japanese Correspondents spread the love?
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 02:26:36 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 02, 2012, 09:25:31 PM »
Even though I know we all love Swapnote,
I thought I should make a list of some improvements that could be made to make it even better.

1: Re-Note / Re-Swap (retweet) - the ability to pass on a message that you received so that you can share it with the other 99 people on your Friends list.
-You can only send a message to the 100 people on your friends list. But you can only reply to the messages that you receive. What if you get a really good message that you want to share with a community much larger than the 100 people that person originally sent it too? I shouldn't have to re-create it, and the originator shouldn't have to shuffle their friends list to make it happen either.

2. Color or Shades of Grey
- It would be nice to add detail to some drawing by using color or a few shades of grey at the very least.

3. More ink per post.
-Not sure I really need 3000 swapnotes, but longer & more detailed ones wouldn't be so bad. So if they sacrificed the ability to store 3000 down to 2000 to allow me double the ink space and an extra page or 2, then I think I would prefer that.

4. Animation Frames
-I'm not talking about full on animated notes, but watching a swapnote is already sort of like watching a story unfold where you can reveal certain things by drawing them last. So it would be nice if you could time your drawing to play out at a certain speed, maybe sync an included sound with that specific portion and allow you to change certain pieces of the drawing while the note plays.

i.e. I draw a happy face man. then I reveal something that surprises him, like a cake being thrown. his facial features change to a surprised look all on the same note page.

5. Multiple pics per note.
As in 1 per page for those of us that can't draw or would rather communicate through pictures.

6. Short video clip in place of a picture(s)
a short 3-5 second video clip could be placed in a note

7. Different Pencil Selections
- Maybe the option to select a thinner pencil and a thicker pencil than the default one provided. This will allow you to maybe add some fine detail lines or thicker outlines to the things you want to add them to.

Anyone else have something to add that they would like to see in a future update or newer version of Swapnote.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 02, 2012, 10:52:10 PM »
Apparently there is a special SwapNote Stationary from Nintendo being sent around like a chain letter.

But as soon as you get it it, you can use it in a message to your friends, who can then do the same.

It was originally sent out in Japan, so can our Japanese Correspondents spread the love?

You do know there is a talkback thread about this, right? You can get the stationary in it.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 02, 2012, 11:21:01 PM »

You do know there is a talkback thread about this, right? You can get the stationary in it.

you do realize that I posted this hours before there was a talkback on it right? Possibly even the reason they posted it.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 02, 2012, 11:50:09 PM »

you do realize that I posted this hours before there was a talkback on it right? Possibly even the reason they posted it.

<.<  >.>  <.< Nooooooooooo.

Offline Kwolf

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 03, 2012, 07:08:20 AM »
Even though I know we all love Swapnote,
I thought I should make a list of some improvements that could be made to make it even better.

1: Re-Note / Re-Swap (retweet) - the ability to pass on a message that you received so that you can share it with the other 99 people on your Friends list.
-You can only send a message to the 100 people on your friends list. But you can only reply to the messages that you receive. What if you get a really good message that you want to share with a community much larger than the 100 people that person originally sent it too? I shouldn't have to re-create it, and the originator shouldn't have to shuffle their friends list to make it happen either.

2. Color or Shades of Grey
- It would be nice to add detail to some drawing by using color or a few shades of grey at the very least.

3. More ink per post.
-Not sure I really need 3000 swapnotes, but longer & more detailed ones wouldn't be so bad. So if they sacrificed the ability to store 3000 down to 2000 to allow me double the ink space and an extra page or 2, then I think I would prefer that.

4. Animation Frames
-I'm not talking about full on animated notes, but watching a swapnote is already sort of like watching a story unfold where you can reveal certain things by drawing them last. So it would be nice if you could time your drawing to play out at a certain speed, maybe sync an included sound with that specific portion and allow you to change certain pieces of the drawing while the note plays.

i.e. I draw a happy face man. then I reveal something that surprises him, like a cake being thrown. his facial features change to a surprised look all on the same note page.

5. Multiple pics per note.
As in 1 per page for those of us that can't draw or would rather communicate through pictures.

6. Short video clip in place of a picture(s)
a short 3-5 second video clip could be placed in a note

7. Different Pencil Selections
- Maybe the option to select a thinner pencil and a thicker pencil than the default one provided. This will allow you to maybe add some fine detail lines or thicker outlines to the things you want to add them to.

Anyone else have something to add that they would like to see in a future update or newer version of Swapnote.

Wow those are some good ideas.   Hopefully over time Nintendo will expand it a little like they did with find me mini games.   The renote or retweet and animation would be especially appreciated. 

I know today I have to spend a good amount of time in a hospital waiting room.. If all goes well like it should, I might go in and read all my swap notes I've been saving for the past few days to pass the time.    Really a nice little app for things like that.

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 03, 2012, 08:39:44 AM »
One addition I would like to see is onion skin for the lower pages when drawing, so that you could trace over parts of previous drawings before making new/different ones. Probably pointless for most people though...
NNID: ejamer

Offline TheFleece

• View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #43 on: January 03, 2012, 09:37:59 AM »
One addition I would like to see is onion skin for the lower pages when drawing, so that you could trace over parts of previous drawings before making new/different ones. Probably pointless for most people though...

I actually wanted that on the very first day.
Handhelds at Heart
---

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 03, 2012, 09:49:11 AM »
Another one I would add is

The ability to select a different stationery for every page of a note.
-backgrounds can be helpful visual tools depending on the portion of the note.

Replies are displayed in order
-sometimes replies are replies to the reply.... and they may make more sense in order.

The ability to edit a note
- especially if I haven't sent it yet.

Apparently you can do that :D

edit:

Subscriptions
-This way an unlimited amount of people can subscribe to someone who produces lots of Swapnotes
of course this wouldn't be necessary if Nintendo would just up the limit on friends and allow you to put them in groups  for easy identification.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 01:41:05 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 03, 2012, 04:30:34 PM »
I just made a 3 Part Cowboy Story but forgot to add the stationery to the first 2....

so you might receive it out of order as I went back and edited it in which then changed the creation order.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 12:48:40 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 04, 2012, 01:44:21 AM »
Damn, I just opened up my 3DS and had 5 new notes.... as I went to pick it up, I bumped it and it slid behind the bed slowly (it was plugged in so the cord made it fall kinda slow) and hit the floor. When I pulled it back up, by the cord, all my notes were question marks and then it said it was corrupted and my SD card had been removed (it hadn't).

But I had to restart the system and all my new messages were gone.... :(

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 04, 2012, 06:20:36 PM »
I just sent out a PSA related to a nite out at the club.

the "art" is pretty bad, but I'm not really an artist, I just pretend to be for swapnote.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 07, 2012, 03:16:53 AM »
I have got to put this "game" away.

I think I have gotten about 75 notes today, some in batches of 20 with a few stragglers following right behind it. Mix that with updating all the new "friends" with all of my collection of notes, including the ones I made today.... and I think I've been in that app for a good 5 hours straight.

Swapnote is sucking up ALL of my free time.

I think I gonna try and take tomorrow and maybe Sunday off.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 07, 2012, 03:37:29 AM »
You should check your activity log and see how much time total you've spent in it...
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.