Author Topic: Geist: Coolest game style ever!  (Read 8719 times)

Offline SoulPlayer

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: Geist: Coolest game style ever!
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2003, 01:29:27 PM »
I am so excited about this game and the concept and for the people dissing the graphics the graphics look fine to me and besides its still too early in development so just give it time.  

Offline oSiRiS

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2003, 03:26:01 PM »
This games graphics are above average, but not fantastic.

However, keep in mind that at the same stage in Prime's development, it looked far, far worse.

If Nintendo pumps as much juice into this as they could (and they SHOULD: a hardcore FPS that totally rocked is what really draws in the American market), it could be just as good as Prime or better. I say better because I don't care for First Person "Adventure".
I am the grammar troll.

Offline NintendoKiD

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
Geist: Coolest game style ever!
« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2003, 06:59:03 PM »
I'm not too sure this game will do very well. The plot sounds neat but I guess we will have to wait and see. It does sound very interesting to me and I'm definetly checking it out.  
Currently Playing

PS2 - Devil May Cry, Red Faction 2, WWE Shut Your Mouth.

NES - Legend of Zelda, Alien 3

Offline bonestormer

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2003, 09:54:59 PM »
Geist sounds better then Half-Life or Halo? WTF? H-L still stands as my favorite single player FPS,  HL2 might change that though.... And Halo is probably the best console FPS there is (at least top 3).

I don't know much about Geist, but I dont have the {{guts}} to say it sounds better then two of the best FPS games ever.

Offline Gamefreak

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2003, 11:21:05 PM »
If this was made by some company I'd heard of, or even a new Nintendo second party that's never made a game before, I'd give it a chance for the graphics to get better as development progresses.
But n-Space is a crappy company. They cuck, and unless Nintendo helps them out A LOT, I don't see how the graphics in this rip off game (it rips off of many games, including rip offs! ) could get to such standards set by other Nintendo games.

Offline Berto2K

• This could be you, at E3.
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2003, 12:38:29 AM »
An employee of N-Space made some comments on the IGN boards. He said that the demo build at E3 is real old. They are much farther along, that they have a ways to go,  that they are making huge breakthroughs, and he is imrpessed with their progress each week. His name there is Bolt007 if anyone is interested.  
Pietriots, we roll out to get the lol out.

Offline highenergyboy

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2003, 12:39:04 AM »
It does not matter who thought of the idea first, what really matters is who implements it best. All you gain from conceiving it are bragging rights which is nothing to boast about if you are unable to realize the idea's full potential in the first place. Messiah (remembered hearing hype about this one but it suddenly disappeared off the radar and I assumed it had flopped) and that other game I heard mentioned obviously did not accomplish such and disappeared into obscurity. Therefore thats all in the past and should stay there. Those games had their chance and failed miserably. Now its time for Geist to carry the baton. With Nintendo taking N-space under their wing there is no doubt the potential of this concept will be realized.
And If I were some of you I would watch what I blurt out about N-space being an inferior developer. If i'm not mistaken people thought just as highly of Retro not to long ago and of course they all ate their words. And Gamefreak, was not Retro just another inexperienced startup developer no one had heard of prior to being given the Metriod license by Nintendo? Oh I can still recall all the negative opinions people had when they learned the sacred Metriod license was being warped into a FPS hybrid by an obscure, novice developer conceived by Nintendo.
As for the graphics do the words still in development get through those thick skulls of yours? What makes you assume the visuals cannot or will not be improved with time. Jeez, start thinking in the long term for once.      

Offline Gamefreak

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2003, 02:25:03 AM »
highenergyboy - Yes I know, but Retro doesn't count since Nintendo pretty much molded Retro Studios to their current state. When Nintendo bought Retro, they fired practically everyone except the top people and put new employees in.

n-Space on the other hand, already has their own reputation and company. They've made games before and they weren't good. That's all I'm saying. I'm not saying this one won't be good, on the contrary, I highly doubt either NOA or NCL would dare publish a bad game. Just look at 1080, they just keep delaying it until NST gets it right.

I guess it depends on how much Nintendo helps them...if Miyamoto is involved, which he probably is since all he does lately is hang out with second parties telling them what to do, then it should turn out fine.

Offline Hemmorrhoid

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2003, 02:59:05 AM »
the screens arent all that great, but the look much better
why do you people bash a game thats still so early in development
LZ 2005

Offline RickPowers

• IT Director
    Senior Editor
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2003, 05:21:01 AM »
The demo was very limited, and the graphics were still a bit rough.  That said, the game played very well, the controls were quite good, and the entire experience felt fresh and new.  I'm very much looking forward to this one.
:: Rob "Rick Powers" Stevens
:: Senior Editor Emeritus
:: Personal Blog
:: Wii Number: 7294 0910 3012 6153

Offline Hemmorrhoid

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2003, 05:48:03 AM »
Im sure this one will turn out awesome and be a great experience, and Im sure the graphics will be improved to become really awesome.
LZ 2005

Offline John Squire

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2003, 06:45:28 AM »
Can you elaborate on why it felt fresh and new?  Is there anything special about the controls and gameplay?  Or does it just feel good?

Offline nonjagged

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2003, 07:28:25 AM »
Wow so there are more FPS coming to GCN?
Metroid Prime & Sequel (exclusive)
XIII (cel-shaded multiplatform)
Zoonami FPS (exclusive)
Geist (exclusive and possibly Nintendo will give guidance to some further ideas that can be incorporated)

Im sure Im missing many more GCN FPS like the Medal of Honor and Bond franchises but hey, so many gamers out there will still be complaining about the GCN's lack-of lineup.

Its amazing how shortsighted many fanboys are.

Is Geist a full-on FPS? I understand that it is in First Person mode but so was Myst the PC game, or is Geist primarily an Adventure game in FP mode?

Also in reference to possession themes, Wind Waker has the Song of Possession in it also

Offline The Doc

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2003, 07:50:50 AM »
In my opinion, the game looks solid and you younger gamers need to understand that graphics do not make a game and that gameplay does. We get an exclusive game like Geist and people are still crying and moaning, put a sock in it already! Some of you call yourselves fanboys it seems more like crybabies to me. I think the Nintendo lineup looks great so far and a lot of you do not give Nintendo enough credit.

The Doc  

Offline Hemmorrhoid

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2003, 09:44:30 AM »
while I agree doc, that we should be happy about an exclusive, theres still no reason why graphics cant be good GCN quality, and im sure they will ultimately match that standard, theres still plenty of time and this is an early build.
LZ 2005