Author Topic: Metroid: Zero Mission PIC!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 7793 times)

Offline Gibdo Master

• JA! MEIN LEAPEN!
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Metroid: Zero Mission PIC!!!!!!!!!!
« on: May 13, 2003, 10:20:26 AM »
Okay I'm changing this post completely because I found the site where the dojo guy got his pics from. Just click here. I'm still a little unsure about Kraid but everything else looks great. Also a few of the shots make me think the game is still in the early stages because many of them don't match up meaning they are probably from different stages of the games development. Also some of those pics really convince me that this is a remake of Metroid because they look like graphical updates of some of the areas in Metroid. This pic and this pic look exactly (with graphical upgrade) like areas from Metroid. Also from these pics you can tell that Samus is definitely back in the Power Suit.    
Hey, kid! I’m a computer! Stop all the downloadin’! Help computer!

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
omg cool i hate kraid!!

Offline Gibdo Master

• JA! MEIN LEAPEN!
    • View Profile
Metroid: Zero Mission PIC!!!!!!!!!! (also has info about new Zelda)
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2003, 10:38:34 AM »
EDIT: If you read my first post you'll see that I edited it because I found more pics. Well since I found those pics my opinion has changed about the game. I still think that Kraid looks like garbage but the other pics look absolutely beautiful. The space pirates look a thousand times better than in Fusion. They look big and intimidating like they did in Metroid Prime. Also it's of my opinion that this game is a remake of the first Metroid game as I pointed out in the above edited post.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
RE: Metroid: Zero Mission PIC!!! UPDATE: More Pics!!
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2003, 01:43:35 PM »
I see these pics everywhere and considering how many there is I doubt any are fake.  It certainly looks like a Metroid remake to me.  I don't really have a problem with that since the original Metroid is pretty ancient and in good need of an upgrade.

As for Kraid well Nintendo pretty much makes all of their characters look like dorks these days (Link, Yoshi) so why break the trend.

Offline rpglover

• View Profile
Metroid: Zero Mission PIC!!! UPDATE: More Pics!!
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2003, 02:04:32 PM »
finally- it looks too good to be true!
it looks like super metroid graphics- hopefully the gameplay is just as good
i just hope it is not a linear game and is more like super metroid in every respect
i cant wait to see this game in action

edit:  you know the more i look at it, the more it looks like the areas of super metroid....
the backrounds may not be the same, but there is no denying the structures and the land formations
i call the big one bitey.

Offline BlkPaladin

• Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Minkmultimedia
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2003, 08:58:27 PM »
Well if its a remake of the first game it will be as non-linar as Super Metroid.
Stupidity is lost on my. Then again I'm almost always lost.

Offline ActorJ

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2003, 01:46:15 PM »
okay, well maybe it's just me, but i donwloaded some video fottage straight from ninteno of japans website, and this game looks really crappy. The grpahics are not nearly as nice as they appear in the still shots, and samus sprite looks very, very wierd, skinyn stringy wierd.

Offline Gibdo Master

• JA! MEIN LEAPEN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2003, 06:21:25 PM »
Well, if you've ever played Metroid or Metroid II you'd see that Samus is pretty stringy looking before she gets the Varia suit. Also I don't know why you feel the graphics are crap. I feel they look great. The animation is really what amazed me. It was really cool in the one scene when the Space Pirate turned around and it had this whole sort of 3D look to it. I think this could very well be the best graphics on a GBA game yet. Also keep in mind that the game isn't finished yet so it will probably be improved.  

Offline Gibdo Master

• JA! MEIN LEAPEN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2003, 06:47:11 PM »
Woah, I think I just saw the video you were talking about ActorJ. It's the one where Samus looks like she's made out of wet noodles right? Well, apparently that's just an early version of the game. Remember how crappy those early shots were of Metroid Fusion? Anyway you need to download the video from pocket.ign.com. Click here to be taken to the Zero Mission media page. The graphics in this video are a thousand times better.  

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2003, 10:57:28 PM »
yeah.... the more i look at it the more it lookslike super metroid... especially the outside shot, the one with the rain in the background..

i wonder why they would change the super metroid graphics if it is indeed a remake of super metroid, they were great!

Offline Gibdo Master

• JA! MEIN LEAPEN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2003, 08:16:27 AM »
It's not a remake of Super Metroid it's a remake of the first Metroid game. You know the game that you got as a bonus in Metroid Prime when you connected Fusion to it. Man, every single forum I have posted this in at least one person thinks I'm saying Zero Mission is a remake of Super Metroid. Why is that?  Is everyone unaware that there were two Metroid games before Super Metroid?

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2003, 10:06:32 AM »
ofcourse i know about them, geezus, but two of the picutres look alot like super metroid. i haven't played 1 or 2 yet (never owned a nes or a gameboy before the GBC) but 2 of the screens look alot like super metroid. i was speculating.

is it written anywhere that its definatly a remake of Metroid 1?

Offline rpglover

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2003, 10:27:13 AM »
the one screen with the lava everywhere looks exactly like a room from super metroid in norfair
and the one screen with samus facing forward looks exactly like the room when you first come into super metroid- that scene was also in the first metroid as well
but when i look at the screens more and more it seems like super metroid
it may turn out to be a remake of metroid which i would love as well- we shall see

Offline Gonmon

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2003, 11:24:49 AM »
At the Metroid Database, we believe that the game could either be a remake of Metroid, or in fact a prequel to the series, invlolving a younger Samus aran and her training with the Chozo people and her interaction with the Chozo built AI, Mother Brain. It'll be interesting how the game develops as time moves on. I for one and looking forward to it

Offline Gibdo Master

• JA! MEIN LEAPEN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2003, 07:32:54 PM »
The reason you think some of the Zero Mission areas look like Super Metroid is because those areas are actually from Metroid. Remember both Metroid and Super Metroid take place on Zebes so they used two places that were in Metroid in Super Metroid. Believe me all the areas from the vid are from Metroid with only a couple of areas that seem to be new.

Click on the following links to see pics from different areas in Metroid.

pic1
pic2
pic3
pic4
pic5

You should recognize all of these areas from the Zero Mission vid from pocket.ign.com.

Also these are my own pics so don't link to them or anything.  

Offline Syl

• O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2003, 05:35:13 PM »
From the first 5 screenshots i saw, i figured it was a remake of the original metroid.

however, it will have to be a HEAVILY expanded remake, because, quite honestly, the first metroid was lacking on *ALOT* of things that we have came ot expect with the metroid series.

So was the second one, but, I won't go there.

Offline EggyToast

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2003, 11:28:46 AM »
Well, if it was called "First Mission," I'd agree that it's a remake.  But as it's "Zero Mission," it'll probably have an introduction titled "Nintendo Presents... Metroid 0"

It'll probably deal with the space pirates prior to the discovery of the Metroids (or perhaps that'll happen at the end?).  And since it's on Zebes, of course the areas are going to look similar.  There are areas in Super Metroid that are lifted almost exactly from Metroid 1 with a graphics update, but no one thinks Super Metroid is a remake of the first!

Zebes means areas are similar.  But the different screens (huge Kraid, those marching space pirates, the outside screenshot, etc.) means that it *is* different.

Plus, it's a logical way for them to let Samus collect all her powerups yet again.  Hooray.  Hopefully they use the 0 mission stuff to make the powerups a little different this time around.

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2003, 01:15:18 PM »
Heh, nice speculation.  I'm thinking it's more likely a remake of the original, but others are thinking prequel.  I don't know if there's room in the storyline for a prequel, but Nintendo might make room regardless.  Either way, this takes place on Zebes for sure - as I pointed out in the game profile.
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline rpglover

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2003, 03:03:16 PM »
i just got the video from pocket.ign.com and i can say with some confidence that the game is indeed a remake of the original metroid
all the screens and such are good pointers but one part of the video definately made me change my mind
that would be one of the items samus gets- the long beam- which extends the length of the shot she fires
only one metroid title had that item and it was the original metroid on nes
so i am confident now that this game is going to be a good remake of the original one
lets hope it turns out good

Offline EggyToast

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2003, 04:26:15 PM »
"And when I saw Samus get the Morph Ball in Super Metroid, I was sure it was a remake of the original."

If it came before the first metroid, getting the long beam would also make sense.

Offline Syl

• O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2003, 06:32:34 PM »
i think eggy missed the point.

The "long beam" is ONLY in the original metroid, its quite useless really, and pointless.  In the original metroid, her beam only shot about 1/2 way across the screen, the long beam made it shoot all the way.

in metroid 2, 3, 4 and prime, she didn't get this upgrade, because its... a very, very stupid upgrade.

If it came before the first metroid, getting the long beam would also make sense.

But, im pretty sure Zebes wouldn't.  I'm 99.9% sure that Samus' first time on zebes was the original metroid.  (as it was also her first time encountering a metroid, which is why a prequel couldn't have any metroids in it.)

I'm 99.9% sure its a remake, though, as i mentioned, a HEAVILY EXPANDED remake, At least there will be alot of metroids in this game if it is.  every game since metroid 2 was lacking metroids, or made them seem horribly weak.  (hell, even the omega metroid at the end of metroid 4 was pathetic compared to the suckers in metroid 2)

Offline Gibdo Master

• JA! MEIN LEAPEN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2003, 09:10:29 PM »
Zero Mission can't be a prequel because Zebes was first discovered by Samus and the Galagtic Federation during that game.

This is what the manual says:

After a desperate search, the Federation have at last found the pirates' headquarters, the fortress planet Zebes, and launched a general attack. But the pirates' resistance is strong, and the Police have been unable to take the planet.

*skips some useless info*

As a last resort, the Federation Police have decided on this strategy: to send a space hunter to penetrate the center of the fortress and destroy the Mother Brain. The space hunter chosen for this mission is Samus Aran.
So as you can see it would be impossible for Samus to have had a previous mission on Zebes unless Nintendo wants to make the Metroid storyline as confusing and nonsensical as Zelda's can be. Face it, Zero Mission is a remake of Metroid with new areas, weapons, abilities, enemies, and bosses. I don't really see why people are having a problem with this anyway. Considering what Nintendo is adding to this remake it will practically be a new game anyway.  

Offline Gonmon

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2003, 09:59:01 AM »
Here's some more stuff to add to the confusion: The Japanese Metroid Site.

Included on it is an E-Manga that explains Samus' past, or at least up to a point. The thing is, Samus ends up on Zebes as a kid, and we learn that Mother Brain was built by the Chozo. Mother brain also does not approve of Samus being upon the planet, and a few other things happen.

For those who can read Japanese, read the Manga. It'll do you some good and perhaps we can get some of this cleared up and situated. Unfortunately, I can't read it, so I can't provide a translation.

www.metroid.jp

Offline ShockingAlberto

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2003, 01:58:22 PM »
Here's a frightening thought:

Would a Metroid remake contain...a story?!

I really hope that Giant Kraid isn't the real Kraid.  The Kraid boss battle from the original Metroid should be left as is.  I hated Giant Kraid from Super Metroid.  Speaking of Kraid, did anyone else notice what was unmistakably Kraid's hand with a bunch of other unidentifiable body parts in a tube in the research lab of Metroid Prime?  The scan data said something about rebuilding him as a Super Solider, like Ridley.  If that was the plan, then they failed miserably.  All these pirates ever want to do is make things bigger and they just end up dying faster.

-- ShockingAlberto  
Press X to run.

Offline Syl

• O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2003, 03:01:45 PM »
alberta: the tube in lab hydra in metroid prime was the first "elite pirate"  who then shortly died after and was shoved in that tube.

Its elite pirate body parts, not kraid.  I doubt that Kraid can even leave zebes.