Author Topic: the most disheartening crap i have read.....ever  (Read 7527 times)

Offline nolimit19

• The Owner
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
the most disheartening crap i have read.....ever
« on: May 12, 2003, 04:35:35 PM »
 http://www.the-magicbox.com/gaming.htm

capcom has announced their financial results  for this past year.....basically it says that capcom games have sold poorly on xbox and ps2, and over achieved for gc.....but it goes on to say that developement is being cut down for gc and gba and production is going up for ps2 and xbox. so nintendo fans finally buy a 3rd party and exceed their expectations, and the developers just gave us a big F___ U.
capcom then goes on to say that they want to make re5 flexible to go to other consoles.....capcom can eat ass
A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be. Moderation in temper is always a virtue; but moderation in principle is always a vice.

Thomas Paine

Offline Perfect Cell

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2003, 04:43:26 PM »
3.23 million for Gamecube, 4.8 million for Game Boy Advance and 280,000 for Xbox.

So if you add up GCN and GBA it out sold PS2 and Xbox games... yet we get the shaft? Capcom seems to be smoking some funny mushrooms. Not only that but IGN hints that Dead Phoenix, the Panzeer dragoon like game might be cancelled. For Shame.... Capcom isnt as loyal as i thought they would

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2003, 04:44:45 PM »
It's quite literally crap, I think- Magic Box misquoted someone. I know American companies have a reputation for being stupid and not looking far enough to the future, but when someone tells you Capcom is UPPING support for a console that sold 8 times less units than the nearest console and LOWERING support for the platform that sold the second most units, something's awry in that news report.
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2003, 04:47:14 PM »
I seriously hope it was a misquote, otherwise they would have just pissed off a lot of Nintendo fans who bought their games.
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline nolimit19

• The Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2003, 04:48:37 PM »
EVERYONE PRAY FOR A MISQUOTE!!!! the magicbox has been known to screw somethings up.....
A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be. Moderation in temper is always a virtue; but moderation in principle is always a vice.

Thomas Paine

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2003, 04:49:14 PM »
I don't like magic box much anyway. . . whatever.  As long as I get Killer 7 (if it looks like it will turn out well).
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline Mingesium

• View Profile
RE: the most disheartening crap i have read.....ever
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2003, 04:49:46 PM »
remember it's fiscal year 2003. Some of the titles like RE4 were pushed back to 2004.

Offline Modulus-X

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2003, 04:51:16 PM »
What was the highest Profile Capcom game on Xbox?  The gamecube had the RE series...
-=[Modulus-X]=-

Currently Playing: Zelda: The Wind Waker, WarCraft 3 Expansion Beta, Star Wars Galaxies Beta

Offline Perfect Cell

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2003, 04:57:53 PM »
Its up on IGN as well... i dont think its a missqoute folks

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2003, 04:58:41 PM »
Capcom vs SNK I believe.  It had online features, although Gabe from PA said it lags like crazy.
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline joshnickerson

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2003, 05:01:54 PM »
If Capcom is actually doing this, they'll officially be the dumbest company since Fox cancelled Futurama.

Offline Armed

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2003, 05:04:57 PM »
Yes Fox cancelling Futurama and Family Guy was a big mistake those were funny shows next to Simpsons.

And yeah that is weird how Capcom is not supporting GC and GBA more; hehehe it seems like Nintendo can't win with third parties; when they exceed expectation developers still back off and below expectation also less support.  I hope this is a misquote like everyone is saying though, Capcom is one of my favorite third parties out there especially RE franchise and Street Fighter.
If you like to read comics click below
**My cousin made it, pretty cool**
"Bilaran Wars"-Click Me

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2003, 05:23:03 PM »
well... it might not be all bad, wait yes it could :\ im not really a fan of capcom, but some of the games they have coming up definatly apeal to me..
me thinks capcom is being greedy, ofc they will up the ps2 support if gamecube is out selling it.. i mean look at the userbase difference :\ surely if they are making money it doesn't matter where it comes from though sigh

nintendo could get burned by this and be even less trusting of third parties in the future :\

« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2003, 05:31:29 PM »
That's what I was saying...why are they lowering GC and GBA support when they sold way more than Xbox?  Combined they sold even more than Xbox and PS2...Capcom's just a bunch of bastards.
"This hand of mine glows with an awesome power...its burning grip tells me to defeat you!!!"

-Domon, G Gundam

Offline Gamefreak

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2003, 05:34:38 PM »
GCN still has Capcom's highest profile game in development - Resident Evil 4 - exclusive forever. So that counts for something.

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2003, 05:39:26 PM »
If that isn't a misquote, Capcom is run by the stupidest individuals on this great blue marble we call Earth.
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline nolimit19

• The Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2003, 05:41:04 PM »
i seriously am pissed about this....someone is getting an email from me(capcom).....u guys should send capcom a e,ail.....lets return the favor with a big f-u......well i am going to.

Thomas Paine

Offline Gamefreak

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2003, 05:44:11 PM »
Have you ever thought that Capcom thinks it has the GCN market "under control" and so it gives us some games that are sure to do well, like RE4, Killer 7, and Viewtiful Joe, while the boys at Capcom go "work on" the PS2 and GCN markets? RE and RE0 have sold well on GCN, and RE4 should easily do better. All Capcom really needs to do is make some commercials for those three games I mentioned...PN03 I don't see much light in.
Anyway, they need to release more games on Xbox and PS2 so they have a better chance of scoring a hit. Besides, notice how the PS2 and Xbox games are generally more low profile and low budget compared to the GCN ones - they can afford to make mistakes that way as long as a few of them do well...

I'm sure Capcom has thought this out already...

Offline nolimit19

• The Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2003, 05:55:35 PM »
by that logic, the cube would have the most games of any other console

Thomas Paine

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2003, 06:09:07 PM »
*Sad face*

Why are Capcom going to push more games on Xbox? Did they somehow miss those sales of Steel Battelion in Japan?
Bah, it seems the cool thing to do these days, give Nintendo the arse. -_-

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2003, 06:11:45 PM »
i really can't hate on capcom
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline rpglover

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2003, 06:14:36 PM »
i think it was a misquote (or at least hoping it was...)
personally i am surprised that the gc oversold on the original profits that they wanted
i think that they expected to sell more of re0 than they did
but i dont think they should pull support from gc and gba if those two are actually over what expectations were

xbox hasnt sold good for capcom, ps2 has done alright, but not up to expectations
as long as capcom releases the capcom 5 for the gc, i will be happy
but this is rediculous business management
maybe mikami should leave capcom and come over with his staff to work with nintendo......
i call the big one bitey.

Offline Ymeegod

• Score: -16
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2003, 06:21:47 PM »
Actually Tekki is COMPLETLY sold out.  Forgot who's making the controller but they simply couldn't produce them fast enough.

You have to figure that's $200--it's a bit steep for just ONE game.  Though when the Online version is released I'm sure I'll get my hands on it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And Capcom didn't state it's increasing XBox support, all it stated was due to GC's sales (which excludes GBA) it's cutting back on a few projects.  Can you blame them though?  RE 4 (you have to count the DC/PS2 versions) sold roughly 3+ million WW while RE Remake sold about 1 million and RE 0 sold less than 700k.    If you look an Onimusha or whatever it's called--it sold 1 million in japan (both 1 & 2).  

The other capcom games didn't do so hot either, CvM2 & CvSNK2 were also on the GC though I bet 90% of the people don't recall seeing it on shelves.  :0  

Offline Gamefreak

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2003, 06:29:11 PM »
RE0 sold about 1.3 million worldwide. Get your facts straight
And Capcom did not meet their expectations for RE0 worldwide by like 300,000 units or something...I guess something (?) made up for that on GCN...
And RE Code: Veronica is not RE4..

Offline The Doc

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2003, 06:35:09 PM »
I agree that what Capcom is saying does not make any sense at all and in fact, they contridicted themselves on the matter. I do not understand for the life of me why Capcom would cut back support for the console that is bringing them the most money. By the way, Dead Phoenix will not be canceled as was stated before and I am sure that more details on the "Capcom 5" will be addressed at E3.

The Doc