Author Topic: Ragnarok Online  (Read 4907 times)

Offline Syl

• O_o
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Ragnarok Online
« on: May 10, 2003, 04:30:34 AM »
Its the only FREE MMORPG to be in existance, and I'm currently enjoying it quite a bit.  It starts off incredibly slow, but once you finally get a jobclass, the game starts to get VERY interesting.

Anyone else play it?

Official site is www.ragnarokonline.com all it takes is a 600 meg download, and then signing up and your set.  I play on Loki, character name is "Syl Aran"

check it out.

Offline BlkPaladin

• Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Minkmultimedia
RE: Ragnarok Online
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2003, 08:24:50 AM »
You know I seen it when I went to E3 two year ago. I was afriad it would be pay-to-play because it looked cool. (I still have some of the promo materials laying around some where.)
Stupidity is lost on my. Then again I'm almost always lost.

Offline DrForester

• View Profile
Ragnarok Online
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2003, 01:13:33 PM »
It very likely WILL be pay for play.

What everyone is playing now is the open beta test they are doing.
"I see you've decided to go psycho.....godspeed"

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
Ragnarok Online
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2003, 02:58:36 PM »
i went there looking to download.  i get to the downloads page and it won't let me.  every time i click on a dowload link thing or a mirror site, my browser says it can't be found, and then press refresh. refresh never  works.  ever. know of any other sites i could download off?
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2003, 09:36:40 PM »
Uh, I witnessed someone playing it long ago, but at some point he said "It's over now, the thing costs money from now on"... Well, if irt's still free, I'll give it a try... Wait, my HD doesn't have any 600MB left... Oh well...

Offline KirbySStar

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2003, 03:08:59 AM »
Played it a while ago.. got my thief up to like lvl14 and then quit.  I picked it back up a month ago but I've been so busy that I couldn't play.  I'm not sure about the whole pay system.  I signed up for 10 bucks.. but I have no clue how long it lasts.  Someone told me a month.. but I only touched it once.  Anyhow when I have the time I'll play it again b/c it really is fun.  If they fix the lag in it this game would be the ultimate MMORPG.  It has awesome 3d graphics with 2d characters.  It looks amazing and the camera system is quite useful.  I had a lot of fun while a played so yeah once summer comes and I've watched all my anime and beaten my current videogames.. the stack is so high.. I'll get back into good ol' Ragnarok.  I recommend you guys trying it out.  If you don't like it then just disable your account or something.  It's only 10 bucks.. although I do wonder how long it really does last....  Oh yeah you can form teams and stuff and there isn't PlayerKilling which I know goes rampant in other online games like graal online.  Oh boy was that ever a mess.  If you want experience the true essense of PKing go check out http://www.graalonline.com  I followed that game for a good 3 years.  Great idea.. rip off of zelda.. but that's what I liked.. just too many jackasses playing it.  The userbase for Ragnarok is pretty friendly though.  Not like they have all that much they can do than that anyway.  No Pking .. ah that's the life.  Go check it out http://www.ragnarokonline.com

Oh and if you need all the patches and stuff go to google and search for pak0.  You'll find a site that has most of the patches.  Much faster than downloading it off of the main site.  

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
    • View Profile
Ragnarok Online
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2003, 09:14:03 AM »
HELP!!!! ragnarokonline.com is stupid!!!! it won't let me download.  please, anybody have a link to where i can download off of without having to wait in line for 3 hours!? please!!!

Offline Arucard

• View Profile
Ragnarok Online
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2003, 02:37:17 PM »
I fill your pain KnowsNothing I've be trying to download it since the first......

Offline Syl

• O_o
    • View Profile
Ragnarok Online
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2003, 05:47:15 PM »
its FREE.. definately FREE, i mean, it didn't ask for a credit card or anything, and i know about 25 people playing it... because its free.

Do NOT expect to get the download off of the official site, there are so many people trying to get it that its near impossible.  And even when you do, the speed is horrendous (friends normal 100kb/s connection was down to 15)

there are many more sites you can find it at, i don't know them by heart, but i know if you search you will find.  Its a HUGE download, at 600 megs.

(I got mine direct connect through a friend)

Its a great game, and I'm enjoying it more and more the longer i play, it does have some major lag issues (espicially in prontera) but, it seems to depend on what the server wants, not the amount of people on O_o;

Offline deminisma

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2003, 01:20:32 AM »
Until they do a version on OS X or Linux, this one gets left behind by me. Looks neat though, makes me wish Gamecube had more RPGs with that lovely art direction. Or more RPGs full stop.
The bandwidth must be KILLING them.

Offline Uglydot

• Jesus
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2003, 10:02:46 AM »
Wouldn't surpise me to see this game running under wine deminisma.  As much as I would rather see more games native, it just doesn't happen as much. Getting better though.

Offline Gothic_Alek

• View Profile
RE:Ragnarok Online
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2003, 02:14:35 AM »
hi, for some reason it seems you do have to pay for Ragnarok Online. After downloading it's on trial for around about 5 Days i think. After then You need to pay To Keep playing Otherwise you can't sign in

But what i dont understand is why they say the game is free and make people pay..It's pretty stupid...
Alek Nicholson

Offline Gup

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2003, 06:18:00 AM »
I just started downloading this at the main site.  It's going at a nice 140kb/s, so I don't know what everyones problem is.
"You can't act like your opinion on something is the way it IS."-m_c

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2003, 07:15:16 AM »
They fixed it.  It works fine now.

Offline Gup

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2003, 10:13:03 AM »
I've played it for an hour.  I love the graphics and it's pretty addictive, but the make you work to hard just to level up or buy a small weapon.  I play on the Chaos server, my guy's name is Gupa.  
"You can't act like your opinion on something is the way it IS."-m_c

Offline Uglydot

• Jesus
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2003, 01:14:59 PM »
Runecape is also free, however it is a browser based ommrpg and not very advanced.  Still neat.

Offline Crono

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2003, 04:03:11 PM »
they definatly charge for this game now but its too much and it shuts down too often like right now you cant even go into the american site and the american version is 9 months behind the korean in updates version by 9 months so i decided to go out and get everquest instead becasue its better for 1 and cheaper monthly fee by 6 bucks if you pay by cash that is

Current games im playing : Total Annihilation Kingdoms (PC) True Crime Streets Of LA. (GC) Soul Caliber II (GC) Xenogears (PSX)
Phantasy Star Online Episode I & II (GC)

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2003, 06:05:23 PM »
There are plenty of free MMORPGs.  I don't play them any more than I do P2P games.
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline Neo_Max

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2005, 03:29:55 PM »
i need the korean version to play aero2 (its the free verison of rag) plz IM  me we u can get it for me and i will tell u how to get it
Yo MOMA!!!

Offline Draygaia

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2005, 05:28:06 AM »
How is it free?  It says pay on the official site.
www.chickenpatrol.com  Don't just eat meat.  Eat chicken.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2005, 10:05:20 PM »
It was free once. Been quite a while since then. Eh, I'm holding out for Guildwars which promises much more strategic combat without a monthly fee.

Offline Draygaia

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2005, 04:17:48 AM »
If that game can prove to be good I'll play it.  The only thing attracting me to it is the fact that theres no monthly fee and you can multi-class.
www.chickenpatrol.com  Don't just eat meat.  Eat chicken.