Author Topic: Episode 247: You Can Lead a Man to the Beam, But...  (Read 16535 times)

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 247: You Can Lead a Man to the Beam, But...
« Reply #50 on: June 23, 2011, 05:21:30 PM »
Don't Bastardize Mario 3 Yo. (In response to the 3DS Mario)

That actually annoys me in a game. (I actually forget what this was to but these are in time order)

RFN Readership just drops like a stone due to Chronotrain is gone.

Hunt down the GBA version of Super Mario Bros. 3 so its portable.  It is excellent. (Never playing Mario 3)

You got a Ratchet and Clank.  I'm very jealous. (Darn you Greg)

My Light stop turning on.  I get them and only find out after I open my 3DS. (3DS Streetpass)

Clicky Circle pad would work better then clicky Analog.

You NES Max Hater. (Dr. Metts)

I like Circle Pad, NES Max Hater. (Still Dr. Metts.  Meanie)

There, There Greg it will be ok. (You can always simulate Yoshi Epic Yarn with a Yoshi doll.  Or a felt landscape setup with you in a Yoshi Suit.)

Jonathon Metts: Living Proof that owning a 3DS is Loving a 3DS

Zach will have you James. (On 3DS Dinosaur game)

Jonny is trying to get the Slim Jim Contract. (It really did sort of sound like an Oh Yaaaa.... or maybe Kool-aid Man.  I haven't seen him in a very long time.)

Game Spelunking at Lindy's for the Anniversary or do the whole episode with everyone transcribing out what they said and using words from past episodes to speak them so it be like a Podcast Ransom letter... You know that would be a good name for Podcast.  Podcast Ransom Letter PRL for short but said Pearl.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 27, 2011, 03:24:24 AM »
James' line of the episode: "Cleanup on Aisle Jonny"

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #52 on: July 05, 2011, 07:19:46 PM »
The Z button on the GameCube controller was not bad, I found it extremely easy to access and use.

I have only gotten to use SpotPass with my 3DS twice, I guess it would help if I lived in a large city like Los Angeles or New York City.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Crimm

• Get your unfiltered Bowsette here!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 1147
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 05, 2011, 07:59:05 PM »
The Z button on the GameCube controller was not bad, I found it extremely easy to access and use.

I have only gotten to use SpotPass with my 3DS twice, I guess it would help if I lived in a large city like Los Angeles or New York City.

I have not engaged in the passing of streets since E3.
James Jones
Mondo Editor
Nintendo World Report

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 06, 2011, 12:50:28 AM »
There is something sordid about these casual streetpass encounters. James wants to be on the streets, walking past people, spotting a Johnathan Metts, doing a transaction...

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 06, 2011, 03:16:15 AM »
I got my 3DS at launch. I carry it with me pretty much everywhere. I have not yet gotten a single StreetPass.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 06, 2011, 10:24:35 AM »
I got my 3DS at launch. I carry it with me pretty much everywhere. I have not yet gotten a single StreetPass.
I've been luckier then that.  Are you sure you have your Mii setup?  I normally get 1 from going to game stores.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 06, 2011, 05:51:54 PM »
Yeah, I have it set up. I haven't been to a game store with it, though, since I primarily buy games on Amazon. Last time I went to Best Buy I walked around in the games section for five minutes before checking out and still got nothing.

J.P. Corbran

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 06, 2011, 05:58:33 PM »
I find Gamestop to be better.  Especially since they are small enough to allow you to slow cruise by with the system on the passenger door.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 06, 2011, 06:16:29 PM »
I was at Best Buy picking up something else and decided since I was already there to do that. I don't care enough about it to go out of my way to get these, and I only go to GameStop when I have no other options.

J.P. Corbran

Offline NWR_Lindy

• Famous Rapper
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: July 08, 2011, 12:48:10 AM »
I think my overall biggest beef with Chrono Trigger is that sometimes you're left with absolutely no clue where to go whatsoever, and no way to get a clear clue either.  There are a couple of puzzles that come down to sheer trial and error.  I think other RPGs of the period do this better, and certainly RPG design has improved a bit in that department as well (see DQ9).

Aside from that, once you get to time travel Chrono Trigger is pretty fantastic.  I wouldn't call it the Best Game Ever (and I don't think that I would have called it that at the time either; it'd have to take a back seat behind Super Metroid and FF VI, and probably Super Mario RPG as well), but I'd attribute that more to my leanings towards the darker art style/feel of Final Fantasy than the lighter art style/feel of Chrono Trigger.
Jon Lindemann
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

My Game Backlog