Author Topic: Super Smash Bros. for WiiU (& 3DS)  (Read 457319 times)

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
Re: Super Smash Bros. for WiiU (& 3DS)
« Reply #1150 on: August 25, 2014, 12:20:49 PM »
Maybe hovering is activated in his final smash or some other way.

I'm not saying the rosters won't end up the same, but upon initial release they may be very different and may even require each other to unlock everything. The leak could be showing the "final" 3DS roster and then when the Wii U version comes out there will be some way to add the Wii U characters to it.

I'm just saying we may not be looking at the final roster. Could be plenty of extra characters tucked away that we have no inclination of their existence.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: August 25, 2014, 12:25:44 PM »
Here's a big trove of new image leaks, mostly trophies and menu stuff:

http://imgur.com/a/PzeCw

Heh, half of these images are of the boobs and butts of female character trophies. Someone has a lot of something on their mind.

There is a Clown Car Lemmy statue which makes me think the koopalings will be skins/alts for Bowser Jr.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline MagicCow64

• Still no title
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: August 25, 2014, 12:33:41 PM »
"There is a Clown Car Lemmy statue which makes me think the koopalings will be skins/alts for Bowser Jr."

A roster-identical text rumor a few weeks back said that each character has 8 alts/palette swaps, and that Bowser Jr. has all seven koopalings for his.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: August 25, 2014, 12:40:38 PM »
I like the commentary (Sakurai?) makes in the trophy descriptions. Some of it is so stupid.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: August 25, 2014, 12:41:26 PM »
Maybe hovering is activated in his final smash or some other way.

I'm just saying, if he's a Diddy clone then just put him on foot and activate the clown car for his final smash. The car adds nothing during normal combat and it looks weird.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #1155 on: August 25, 2014, 12:48:49 PM »
This leak is such a colossal failure. I'd imagine someone is either getting fired for this or was planning on quitting and is just YOLO-swagging his way out.

I really wish Medusa was playable. Maybe next time. /sad face

Offline Triforce Hermit

• This title doesn't make sense.
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: August 25, 2014, 02:03:19 PM »
Krystal, Candy Kong, Pauline, and Barbara scared the crap out of me as I was scrolling down

Sometimes, you just want to play a video game.
NNiD: Triforcehermit09

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: August 25, 2014, 03:06:31 PM »
Smash Bros is suppose to be out the 13th of September right?  Review copies could be in the wild now.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: August 25, 2014, 03:10:35 PM »
Nope. October for the 3DS version. Wii U is still "Winter".

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: August 25, 2014, 03:39:44 PM »
September 13th is the Japanese date for the 3DS version. So that's when all will be revealed, if it doesn't all get leaked before then.

I like the commentary (Sakurai?) makes in the trophy descriptions. Some of it is so stupid.
I remember hearing that he did write the trophy text for Brawl and Melee, so he probably wrote it here as well. I'm convinced he just makes stuff up half the time.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 03:59:56 PM by Mop it up »

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: August 25, 2014, 03:51:59 PM »
September 13th is the Japanese date for the 3DS version. So that's when all will be revealed, if it doesn't all get leaked before then.

Oh, oops, yeah, you're right.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: August 25, 2014, 06:22:51 PM »
Heh. So you know how Oblivion has talked about playing and modding Brawl in this very section of the forums? Well, the current explaination I've seen of why this leak could still be fake in light of these videos is that it could be someone has modded brawl to look like the 3DS game and added in Bowser Jr and Shulk since the stages shown are all Brawl specific. I love it. Those that want to believe do so and those that don't want to believe will find ways not to do so.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: August 25, 2014, 06:33:15 PM »
You can't do that, and you can't add a second screen. The leaks are real.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: August 25, 2014, 07:23:24 PM »
Fine by me. I've believed these leaks since they surfaced last week. Now that we know the characters, let's see the stages!

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #1164 on: August 25, 2014, 09:30:45 PM »
Allegedly, the leaks came from someone preparing the ESRB footage.  That could explain the nature of the trophy pics.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline MagicCow64

• Still no title
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: August 26, 2014, 12:06:24 AM »
Heh. So you know how Oblivion has talked about playing and modding Brawl in this very section of the forums? Well, the current explaination I've seen of why this leak could still be fake in light of these videos is that it could be someone has modded brawl to look like the 3DS game and added in Bowser Jr and Shulk since the stages shown are all Brawl specific. I love it. Those that want to believe do so and those that don't want to believe will find ways not to do so.

Yeah, nah, the Battlefield stage is Smash 4 specific. It's all real. Checking back into the storm, it's a huge fucking mess. The first leaker came back with evidence that he was behind the old (now fake) Palutena leak. And posted a cipher that led to a list of the final five characters (BSG spoiler clone). And some other doinks were posting separate stuff. Some bizarre fight has broken out amongst some little cabal.

At this point, I think the leaked roster screen is the final roster. There's some slim chance that there's a DLC backup chunk, but there's no real source on that, and to me it seems unlikely that there would be a separate submission for characters that were DLC/unlockable in a different way (they would have to be pretty far along to even be ready for the Wii U launch).

But really, nothing is believable outside the pictures and video. That roster is almost cer

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: August 26, 2014, 01:11:58 AM »
At this point, I think the leaked roster screen is the final roster. There's some slim chance that there's a DLC backup chunk, but there's no real source on that, and to me it seems unlikely that there would be a separate submission for characters that were DLC/unlockable in a different way (they would have to be pretty far along to even be ready for the Wii U launch).

Actually DLC content doesn't need to be rated if it isn't in danger of raising the games rating.

http://www.esrb.org/ratings/ratings_process.jsp

Downloadable Content
Downloadable content (DLC) that will be appended to a previously-rated product need only be submitted to ESRB for rating if its content exceeds that which is in the existing "core" product. Otherwise, the rating assigned to the core product is applicable to the DLC as well. Where, however, DLC content exceeds the rating assigned to the core product, it must be submitted to ESRB and a different rating may be assigned to the DLC.

So as long as any DLC character wont raise the rating, Nintendo doesn't need to submit them.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: August 26, 2014, 02:25:30 AM »
The only sliver of of suspicion I have left is the fact that Bowser Jr and Shulk are blatant clones of other established characters from previous games in the franchise.

Tinfoil hat fully on.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline Nile Boogie Returns

• Tropical Freeze
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: August 26, 2014, 04:40:22 PM »
I was team "fake as a $4 bill" till I saw the gameplay footage. No way thats fake. Also The Nintendo Ninja Team slapped copyright claim on the youtube channel so you know its real now.

On to the business. I don't believe this to be the final tally of characters, since it would be less awesome for WiiU players. I'm thinking certain things will be unlocked after the Smash 4 WiiU release.

"THE LEAKS ARE COMING FROM INSIDE THE (TREE)HOUSE"

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: August 27, 2014, 12:11:04 PM »
So incase anyone didn't know, Sakurai has been adding new music the the music page since last Friday.  He isn't announcing when he does, but we've gotten 4 new tracks since Friday.  2 were added on Monday and now 2 were just added after the recent pic of the day.

http://www.smashbros.com/us/music/

Looks like he's going to make it so we get one track per franchise by the time the 3DS version is released in Japan.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #1170 on: August 29, 2014, 08:41:31 AM »
Shulk Debut Trailer

Offline Triforce Hermit

• View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: August 29, 2014, 09:37:57 AM »
So they change Shulk's voice actor but keep Mumkhar's, Dunban's and Riki's? Don't like his new voice or redesign. His stage however looks like it goes through different stages. I did like his attacks. If you can really backstab in battle, then that is pretty cool. His final smash is neat, but I wonder if the characters chosen are random or if it is always Dunban and Riki.

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: August 29, 2014, 09:58:09 AM »
Shulk's voice is the same. All they did was take the soundbites from the Wii game. Watch the trailer again.

Offline Triforce Hermit

• View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: August 29, 2014, 10:07:33 AM »
Shulk's voice is the same. All they did was take the soundbites from the Wii game. Watch the trailer again.
I did. Still sounds different. Some it sounds like its from his original voice actor. But when he says "Now it's Shulk time", it sounds like someone else.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 10:10:36 AM by Triforce Hermit »

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: August 29, 2014, 12:07:50 PM »
Well now people angry over Zero Suit Samus alt can shut up.

Shulk's wearing shorts just as short and tight.  Hell, Nintendo even posted what his profile looks like in this alt on their Facebook page.

They even gave him nipples for fucks sake.  Hell, if anything, you could say the real sexism is Samus not being allowed to go around top less as well since Shulk is allowed to show off his entire chest so why shouldn't a woman be allowed to do it if she chooses as well. ;)