Author Topic: Super Smash Bros. for WiiU (& 3DS)  (Read 461528 times)

Offline Retro Deckades

• Score: 8
    • View Profile
Re: Super Smash Bros. for WiiU (& 3DS)
« Reply #1125 on: August 22, 2014, 04:18:44 PM »
Perhaps I've missed it, but I don't see any Mii selection on those supposed screenshots of the character roster.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: August 22, 2014, 05:55:58 PM »
Good find on the missing Mii. More of a damning strike against the leak than the dog. For all anyone knows the dog may only have a "fan nickname" and no official one. Like how Mario and Luigi are plumbers is an American thing because of the TV show and general assumptions snowballing.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline MagicCow64

• Still no title
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: August 22, 2014, 07:19:25 PM »
If you look at the "leaked" images, it seems to treat the standard roster and custom play differently, with Miis only existing when playing with customized moves and equipment turned on. Still kinda confusing as to how the UI and modes are going to flow.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: August 22, 2014, 09:54:20 PM »
Perhaps I've missed it, but I don't see any Mii selection on those supposed screenshots of the character roster.

Well, now that I've been blessed with sight thanks to the soccer lovin' Nickmitch, allow me to share the gift with you and open your eyes.

As seen in this image posted by MagicCow64:

You'll notice in the Leaker 2 column at the bottom, an image to select Mii Fighters or Characters. This would suggest that the Nintendo characters are kept on a separate screen away from the Mii's and vice-versa. And as I recall at the Nintendo Digital E3 Presentation of Smash Bros. or else in the news afterwards, it was mentioned that the Mii Fighters would be handled separately or a bit differently in how/when you could choose/use them so that screen seems perfectly legit to me.

Believe in the leak.

The leaker is good, the leaker is great.
We surrender our will as of this date.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #1129 on: August 22, 2014, 10:56:30 PM »
The leaker 2 part looks more like a settings screen than anything else.

But I agree that Miis could be missing because they aren't allowed in certain modes, and the image is from one such mode.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: August 23, 2014, 12:07:57 AM »
Leaker 2 seems to be the weakest of the three tbh. I don't really trust any of them though.

Offline MagicCow64

• Still no title
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: August 23, 2014, 02:20:01 AM »
So I dove back in, and here's a summary of the story so far:

A murky contact of a Brawl modding group supplied them with images from an ESRB DVD submission for Smash 4 3DS. The members of the group swore not to share the photos, but after a week someone had broken the covenant and a party, not one of the original circle, made it known that he would leak a few of the images. Some faction of the original group tried to beat the rogue leaker to the punch, planning to alter the images and leak them first to cast doubt on the whole thing when discrepancies and photoshop artifacts were noticed. But they weren't fast enough, and Leaker 1 happened. Leaker 2 and 3 then posted in response (the original 4Chan posts are quite antagonistic).

On Smashboards, someone claiming to be the first leaker has now said that he posted the DLC list as a trap to identify fakers who tried to pile on and claim they were in the know. The mods at Smashboards have "verified" the identity of this person, but that means absolutely nothing. 

I feel like there's going to be a murder involved in a week or two, which will not shed light on the truth of the leak.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: August 23, 2014, 02:45:59 AM »
In other news, Nintendo is ready to use the 3DS to fight the iPod with its new killer app, Smash Bros music in Sleep Mode! Other sites are reporting the recent posting of Sakurai but here's the choice quote:

“One of the new highlights for this feature is the ‘Play in Sleep Mode’ option in the upper right. If you turn this on, you can listen to the tracks with your headphones even when your Nintendo 3DS is closed. The L and R Buttons will let you skip tracks. This means you can use it as a portable music player. Enjoy listening to the tracks you love by putting all songs in loop, shuffle, or selecting your favorite tracks!!â€

Hot diggidy!

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: August 23, 2014, 02:48:40 AM »
Or you can download the package of all the songs ripped from the disc within hours of its release and play them on a real media player.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: August 23, 2014, 02:58:05 AM »
But then I'd have to carry two devices in my pockets. One to play the game and the other to listen to the game's music. And I've only got 7 pockets in my jacket. Where am I supposed to keep all my drugs and guns then? Answer that one if you're so smart. This way, the 3DS combines both devices into one. It's genius! It's going to change the whole entertainment industry. Think, man!

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: August 23, 2014, 06:34:20 AM »
But then I'd have to carry two devices in my pockets. One to play the game and the other to listen to the game's music. And I've only got 7 pockets in my jacket. Where am I supposed to keep all my drugs and guns then? Answer that one if you're so smart. This way, the 3DS combines both devices into one. It's genius! It's going to change the whole entertainment industry. Think, man!
... or maybe you should get a Drug compartment in your Gun.   I mean your carrying your gun to protect your Drugs right?  Therefore if you lose the Gun you can't protect your drugs and your drugs get taken.  If you lose your drugs you don't have anything to protect with the gun then you don't need the gun.  Its the Perfect solution. One less thing to remember in the morning.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: August 23, 2014, 09:19:21 AM »
Or you could get a Circle Pad Pro for your 3DS and hollow it out to keep your drugs in. And if you have an XL, when it's in the Circle Pad Pro it'll be large and heavy enough that it'd be a more than adequate substitute weapon for your guns.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: August 23, 2014, 07:24:01 PM »
Isn't Nintendo already fighting the iPod with the 3DS Sound App? Download the inevitable MP3s of Smash Bros. music and you won't even need the game by that point and can still play the music on your 3DS.

Also, the bottom image of Leaker 2 looks like it could be the screen where you go to customise movesets.

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #1138 on: August 24, 2014, 08:46:48 PM »
dark pit would just be a colour change for pit.
Obviously not true.
Made you look ****.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: August 24, 2014, 09:41:05 PM »
... or maybe you should get a Drug compartment in your Gun.   I mean your carrying your gun to protect your Drugs right?  Therefore if you lose the Gun you can't protect your drugs and your drugs get taken.  If you lose your drugs you don't have anything to protect with the gun then you don't need the gun.  Its the Perfect solution. One less thing to remember in the morning.

You'd think so but then every time I take my gun out to get the drugs, someone ends up dead. The amount of misunderstandings that have occurred from it is ridiculous and has, quite frankly, been bad for business. Thus, I have to separate the two.

Offline MagicCow64

• Still no title
    • View Profile
« Reply #1140 on: August 25, 2014, 09:57:31 AM »
Watch it before it gets taken down:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMdnEroxb30&list=UUsKwxhG3ioc6FDKupmlVHZQ&index=4

The leak is 100% real.

Here's a screenshot:

« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 10:03:32 AM by MagicCow64 »

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: August 25, 2014, 10:25:01 AM »
Nuts. I was hoping to see some Duck Hunt dog action. Nothing in those videos. But as the comments below mentioned, Ganondorf is still a Captain Falcon clone. There goes some more Smash Bros. dreams crashing to the ground. It's interesting the Bowser Jr. just stays in the Koopa Clown Car/Balloon and uses that for his attacks. It's more like you are fighting that vehicle than Bowser Jr. Should have gone with Shadow Mario and paintbrush attacks.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: August 25, 2014, 10:48:43 AM »
I guess that explains why Bowser didn't get the Koopa Clown Car as a Final Smash.

Still a bummer that Dr. Mario takes up an entire character slot. I would have preferred Daisy as a Peach clone since she's at least a different character. I hope the DLC part was true. I'd hate for Ice Climbers to have gotten cut entirely.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 11:22:27 AM by Adrock »

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: August 25, 2014, 10:50:57 AM »
That looks weird.  I figure at the very least the vehicle would slightly hover off the ground.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Triforce Hermit

• This title doesn't make sense.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: August 25, 2014, 10:59:48 AM »
That this is more or less true leaves me disappointed in the character roster choices.
Sometimes, you just want to play a video game.
NNiD: Triforcehermit09

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: August 25, 2014, 11:03:59 AM »
I kind of wish Bowser Jr could switch between the clown car and paintbrush/shadow mario style of play. But at least the clown car is unique.

Maybe this is just the final roster for the 3DS game and the Wii U title will be an entirely different beast of a roster.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: August 25, 2014, 11:21:33 AM »
Sakurai already confirmed that both versions will have the same roster.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: August 25, 2014, 11:36:18 AM »
Maybe this is just the final roster for the 3DS game and the Wii U title will be an entirely different beast of a roster.

Sakurai said both versions would have the same roster.  I still stand by my belief that characters like the Ice Climbers will be playable in the Wii U version but will need to be either transfered to be playable on the 3DS or offered as DLC on the 3DS latter on.

Seriously, we've even seen pictures of the polar bears in Smash Run.

Every other enemy in Smash Run is from series with playable characters but suddenly the Ice Climbers who were in the last 2 games get cut but one of their enemies remain?  Sakurai loves to troll but something like that isn't really his style.

I mean we have talked about this before.  The best way to make sure the 3DS version doesn't completely overshadow the Wii U version is to give it some characters that the 3DS version doesn't have and make it that 3DS players will need to buy the Wii U version to get them this Holiday.  Plus the 3DS character select screen shot shows there's still room for more character slots as well.  After Brawl were everything was so perfectly lined up, I don't see Sakurai allowing such an incomplete looking select screen unless there was going to be some way to fill it up later on.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: August 25, 2014, 12:08:28 PM »
Someone on Kotaku mentioned it and the more I look at it Bowser Jr looks to be a Diddy clone. So why even bother putting him in the clown car if he's not going to hover?
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline MagicCow64

• Still no title
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: August 25, 2014, 12:18:15 PM »
Here's a big trove of new image leaks, mostly trophies and menu stuff:

http://imgur.com/a/PzeCw