Author Topic: Super Smash Bros. for WiiU (& 3DS)  (Read 461768 times)

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
Re: Super Smash Bros. for WiiU (& 3DS)
« Reply #975 on: June 29, 2014, 11:35:59 AM »
A few random thoughts:

1. Some of the Final Smashes have not been changed, including but not limited to Mario, Fox, Bowser, and Donkey Kong. I never liked Bowser's because he has way too much history to just transform into a character Sakurai invented for Melee. I was really hoping he would get the Koopa Clown Car and you could fly around and drop Mecha-Koopas or those giant marbles. Donkey Kong's is similarly terrible. Give him Rambi. It's just so weird that they went out of their way to give Kirby and Luigi new Final Smashes, but kept others the same. Not that I use the Smash Ball terribly often, but go HAM or go home.
If dedede's final smash is changed I'm going to be very displeased, just saying.

I'm still slightly annoyed by the changes made to the waddle dee toss. I enjoyed the random nature of waddle dees and felt they added alot to dedede as a character. the waddle dees are just so much fun to watch as they get pummeled around the stage and waddle doos have ended up saving a match for me(by locking a fleeing opponent so I could send them flying.)

I also even had a waddle doo screw up someones recovery and steal a kill for me (both the person who would have gotten the KO and the person who I stole it from were less then pleased, that part didn't end well for me I must say)

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: July 01, 2014, 04:08:48 AM »
Well beside the Wireframe alt, Little Mac now has his pink hoodie alt as well which is a full custom change instead of simple recolor like Link's Skyward Sword alt last week.

I'm starting to think Sakurai just hates the Zelda series at this point.  Well the dream is still alive for non Zelda characters at least. :P: :

Edit: Of course come to think of it, maybe Link could still have some kind of alternate custom that Sakurai hasn't shown yet that is a full custom change.  Little Mac's Wireframe alt is technically a recolor (a really good one but the overall model is still the same) as well while this new one is the first real full model change with new clothing for Mac.  Maybe every character will get one full alternate custom that's different while the other ones are just simple color changes like previous games.  Sakurai might have felt the Skyward Sword model wasn't important enough to get a full change but there could still be another Link custom from a Zelda game that will get the full alternate treatment like Mac just got.

So the dream is still alive for everyone again, even Zelda characters.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 04:23:04 AM by Luigi Dude »
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: July 01, 2014, 05:39:57 AM »
I have this really disturbing image in my head of Sakurai cackling manically last week as he posted the Link pseudo-costume Miiverse update. He probably also just paused a match where he, as Kirby, used a new Final Smash on a level 1 Ganondorf who still has a Captain Falcon-inspired moveset.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #978 on: July 01, 2014, 08:36:34 AM »
The Villager alts and Male Wii Fit Trainer still give me hope for some more solid ones.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: July 03, 2014, 01:07:02 AM »
Are you getting tired of your boring old sanity?
Do you want have your mind challenged and blown up?

Linger no more and watch this right this moment!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5qqA54K-jE
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: July 03, 2014, 02:22:44 AM »
Are you getting tired of your boring old sanity?
Do you want have your mind challenged and blown up?

Linger no more and watch this right this moment!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5qqA54K-jE

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: July 11, 2014, 03:29:05 PM »
So we're getting a new character Monday

Right now Shulk is the odds on favorite to be shown out of the three characters left in the leak.  Since Ike was shown just two months ago it seems too early for another Fire Emblem character like Chrom, and the Chorus Men seem more like the weird Game & Watch/ROB character Sakurai might want to wait until the games release to show.

Of course, once again the leaker never revealed Rosalina so there could be another new character that no one knows about ready to be shown.  Either way, Monday is going to be crazy.

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: July 11, 2014, 03:49:53 PM »
Apparently some higher up who worked on Xenoblade retweeted the 3DS Direct tweet, so NeoGaf is currently going crazy believing the new character to be Shulk.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #983 on: July 11, 2014, 08:52:50 PM »
I wonder how many new characters Sakurai is planning to reveal prior to the release?  He said he's nearing the bottom of the barrel of reveal videos, but I wonder if that barrel was size for that summer 3DS release.  Might not be more than 2 left? Maybe?

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 71
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #984 on: July 11, 2014, 10:20:09 PM »
Apparently some higher up who worked on Xenoblade retweeted the 3DS Direct tweet, so NeoGaf is currently going crazy believing the new character to be Shulk.

The same person who RTs every Japanese direct announcement that Xenoblade Chronicles X has ever been in?

Though I think there's another possibility for that Xenoblade slot...
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: July 11, 2014, 11:31:59 PM »

The same person who RTs every Japanese direct announcement that Xenoblade Chronicles X has ever been in?

Though I think there's another possibility for that Xenoblade slot...

Yeah, I believe its the same dude. I'd love it for Reyn to be in the game over Shulk only so I can use a "Reyn Time" taunt the entire time. :P

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: July 14, 2014, 06:00:42 AM »
Rayman trophy. Hmm...

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: July 14, 2014, 06:23:09 AM »
Rabbids are the new playable character, confirmed.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #988 on: July 14, 2014, 10:12:39 AM »
and what a fun surprise.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: July 14, 2014, 10:27:38 AM »
So does this mean all of those "completed Wii U games" will be released?
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #990 on: July 14, 2014, 10:44:14 AM »
So does this mean all of those "completed Wii U games" will be released?
Ubisoft: LOL, no. **** you all.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: July 14, 2014, 10:52:28 AM »
Well seeing that Lucina only gets a small box on the official website instead of a larger banner like the completely unique characters and her moves in the video look identical to Marth, I think it's safe to assume she's an alt for Marth.

So yep, looks like some characters becoming alternate characters with different voices is indeed happening.  So Docter Mario should pretty much be a guarantee by now and Daisey being a Peach alt should happen as well.  The Palutena trailer also makes Dark Pit as a Pit alt pretty obvious as well.

Well the dream of different alternate customs for characters with some of them being different characters is now a reality.  Looks like we won everyone.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #992 on: July 14, 2014, 10:59:13 AM »
So does that mean Alternative Costumes…or does that just mean we actually have more clones taking up character spots?

It is nice to have 3 characters revealed in one video.  And it makes you think…you can't guess at all how many characters can be in the game. 

Even if we knew that only 2-3 more new character videos are waiting.  That could still mean 1 Vet character and 1 or 2 new characters revealed. 

I predict that Ganondorf will be revealed with Chrom in a video intro. 

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: July 14, 2014, 11:06:02 AM »
Chrom looked like Robin's Final Smash.

Offline MagicCow64

• Still no title
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: July 14, 2014, 11:07:05 AM »
Well seeing that Lucina only gets a small box on the official website instead of a larger banner like the completely unique characters and her moves in the video look identical to Marth, I think it's safe to assume she's an alt for Marth.

So yep, looks like some characters becoming alternate characters with different voices is indeed happening.  So Docter Mario should pretty much be a guarantee by now and Daisey being a Peach alt should happen as well.  The Palutena trailer also makes Dark Pit as a Pit alt pretty obvious as well.

Well the dream of different alternate customs for characters with some of them being different characters is now a reality.  Looks like we won everyone.

Huh. Maybe? Is it possible? It just seems too good to be true. Like, wouldn't they be worried about confusion over the same character having different names? At the same time, it's hard to see Fire Emblem actually getting four slots.

Overall, the best part about this is the that it really "smashes" that leak wide open, especially if Chrom isn't playable, which he doesn't look to be. Now anything could happen again! (it won't)

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: July 14, 2014, 11:56:49 AM »
You know, with Captain Falcon also being shown along with Robin and Lucina, does anyone else get the feeling Sakurai is going to show all the characters before the games release?  We already had 2 Fire Emblem characters shown before today, and Sakurai had no problem leaving Captain Falcon hidden in Brawl.  Robin and Lucina (even if an alt for Marth), could have been some kind of unlockable to get in the game as well.  Revealing all this information now when he doesn't have to show this much, kind of points to that.

As we all know from his trolling, Sakurai understand the internet and message boards really well.  I'm sure he saw with Brawl how some stores in Japan broke the street date and released it a few days early and less then 24 hours later, the entire roster with pictures and movies of them were all over the internet.  I wouldn't be surprised if this time he's like "**** It", the entire internet is going to get the roster spoiled for them days before release anyway, so he wants to be the one to do all the spoiling this time.

I mean before today, we only got new reveals during Nintendo Directs.  Well know that Sakurai has no problem revealing new characters and trailer on the main site without a Nintendo Direct, who's to say he doesn't have a few more of events like today planned in the next few months?

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: July 14, 2014, 12:09:19 PM »
I expect him to reveal everything or close to it before the game's release, particularly because he was so butt hurt over people watching the Subspace Emissary cutscenes online. He seems to have the attitude this time of putting his hands behind his head, leaning back in his chair, and saying, "**** it, man." He's having a ball toying with people's emotions. Maybe it's personal. "So, today I released that clip of Ridley's shadow." /crosses off "Caterkiller" from list

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: July 14, 2014, 01:11:12 PM »
Honestly, it's probably best if he does reveal all characters ahead of time. This way, there won't be false rumours that such and such a character is unlockable and doesn't actually exist. It might help quell some disappointment ahead of time by people upset that such and such a character didn't make it in by giving them time to get over it before the game releases.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #998 on: July 14, 2014, 02:08:30 PM »
I think he'll reveal everything pretty close to the release, with possibly a Nintendo Direct focused on the move-sets of some of the more unique characters.

But to me, the trailer made it seem like Chrom was an alt.  Not sure about that one.
Lucina not having the full size block like other new comers was weird, eventhough she's labeled as a new comer on her page.  Not sure if that means she's Marth's alt like Luigi Dude said, but that theory makes sense.

Offline Nile Boogie Returns

• Tropical Freeze
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: July 14, 2014, 08:13:50 PM »
Other than Zelda games, this could wind up being the last new game I buy ever.