Author Topic: Super Smash Bros. for WiiU (& 3DS)  (Read 461766 times)

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
Re: Super Smash Bros. WiiU (& 3DS)
« Reply #425 on: March 01, 2013, 02:03:12 PM »
Sakurais cat confirmed for brawl
yeah probably

Sakurai's cat actually appears in the Pokemon Stadium 2 stage of Super Smash Bros. Brawl: http://super-smash-bros.wikia.com/wiki/Easter_egg
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: March 01, 2013, 04:31:30 PM »
Sakurais cat confirmed for brawl
yeah probably

Sakurai's cat actually appears in the Pokemon Stadium 2 stage of Super Smash Bros. Brawl: http://super-smash-bros.wikia.com/wiki/Easter_egg
yeah i know, he's going to update the nintendogs assist  trophy to have his cat with the dog just playing, rolling around the screen

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: March 01, 2013, 04:35:25 PM »
crimm thats the sequel to the paper smash bros blog post where you say the cat will be in the wii u game because it was on his twitter feed
tbh smash has among the worst fanbases ever

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #428 on: March 01, 2013, 04:47:17 PM »
Not worse than the Los Angeles Lakers' fan base.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: March 01, 2013, 07:12:04 PM »
Your both right!
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: March 02, 2013, 04:25:09 AM »
Sakurai response to support from people outside of Japan.

https://twitter.com/Sora_Sakurai/status/307412825977008128
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline Sarail

• That Starlink makes me wet.
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
« Reply #431 on: March 02, 2013, 09:16:40 AM »
Hah. Sakurai has blocked me from seeing his tweets. Hilarious, but sad at the same time. :/
I like Nintendo more than j00!
Jet. Force. Gemini. 'Nuff said.
Muh Backloggery!

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #432 on: March 02, 2013, 01:21:57 PM »
Hah. Sakurai has blocked me from seeing his tweets. Hilarious, but sad at the same time. :/
I want to know what on earth you could have done to out-troll me

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #433 on: March 02, 2013, 03:26:59 PM »
Wait he actually read yours and understood your silly messages? Maybe he read my helpful tweets and also blocked me!

RomanceDawn

Offline Sarail

• That Starlink makes me wet.
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
« Reply #434 on: March 02, 2013, 10:17:07 PM »
Hahaha. Yeah, apparently. All I remember posting, were retweets of random photos he would post with the message, "CONFIRMED. 'New item/character/thing' in Smash Bros. 4!"

I probably only did it maybe four or five times. I guess that was enough to block me. It's a shame... as I really enjoy his cat photos. :(

EDIT: If I were to ever get a new forum tag, it should read, "Sakurai hates me."
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 10:18:58 PM by Racht »
I like Nintendo more than j00!
Jet. Force. Gemini. 'Nuff said.
Muh Backloggery!

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: March 02, 2013, 11:25:12 PM »
Hahaha. Yeah, apparently. All I remember posting, were retweets of random photos he would post with the message, "CONFIRMED. 'New item/character/thing' in Smash Bros. 4!"

I probably only did it maybe four or five times. I guess that was enough to block me. It's a shame... as I really enjoy his cat photos. :(

You have to remember that English isn't Sakurai's first language, so he probably misunderstood what you were typing.  To him it might have looked like you were intentionally spreading false information instead of being funny, which I can see why he got angry.  Dude probably gets thousands of messages each day from people saying they heard a rumor that this character is going to be playable and if it's true so if he thought you were one of the people responsible for these false rumors he'd ban you.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #436 on: March 13, 2013, 11:32:17 AM »
Not sure I like the following statement. I am the type who enjoys playing 1vs1 with no items and free for all with items balls to the wall. This doesn't sit well with me at all. Almost sounds like options will be taken away.

Here's how one guy, who wrote in to Brawl producer Masahiro Sakurai, put it: "The other day, I had my first run at Smash Bros. Brawl online play. What I found was that nobody ever went on the attack; it was like everyone was taking the approach of waiting for the other guy to take the offensive. There were no items, either. I wanted to shout at them 'This isn't how you do Smash Bros.'! As the producer, what do you think of fights like this?"

Sakurai — who's still recovering from a repetitive-strain injury to his arm that's keeping him from playing video games for the time being — took time out in his Famitsu column this week to respond. "The idea of Brawl's 'carefree brawling' motto was to get rid of as many restraints as possible and allow people to choose whatever play approach they liked," he wrote. "I'd like people to take some freer approaches with their gameplay, but the sort of battle style you describe in your letter is not interesting or fun. That's why I'll probably be thinking of a way to deal with that in the next game. We've learned a lot about net play since Brawl was released, after all, so a lot more is possible."
Read it all here.
http://www.polygon.com/2013/3/13/4098010/sakurai-discusses-why-smash-bros-brawl-online-isnt-exactly-thrilling?utm_medium=referral&utm_source=t.co

RomanceDawn

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #437 on: March 13, 2013, 11:45:28 AM »
I take it as Sakurai talking about people basically just sitting around and waiting for others to go on the offense, which is indeed very BORING to watch. So I do hope he does something about that. Go and watch a MMA fight where the fighters basically do nothing for minutes at a time (it does happen), it makes for a lousy fight and the crowd will start booing loudly.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #438 on: March 13, 2013, 12:27:09 PM »
You know what scratch that. I realized he is talking about taunt parties. I stopped playing Random because of it. People literally sit in 4 corners of the screen and taunt the whole time. If you attack they gang up against you. Can't stand it! Apparently getting a draw does something useful, except it doesn't.

Never mind Sakurai is in the right. I thought he meant defensive players who strategies by letting appoints attack first.

RomanceDawn

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: March 13, 2013, 02:12:15 PM »
I would not be surprised if their is a Debuff that makes you easier to Smash the longer you are away from the other players.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #440 on: March 13, 2013, 07:11:14 PM »
I love the idea of a debuff for nonaggressive fighting.    Actually, I could see this being implimented into the entire game.

Agressive fighting, with combos and such gives you a slight boost i speed to help connect more combos, but only for a shorttime.

Successfully dodging, evading, and blocking attacks gives you a small defensive boost.

Singling one charcter out only gives you a debuff against only that charcter.

One character beingattacked by many players and being beaten mercylessly gives them a kinda tank like big defensive bonus.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: March 13, 2013, 07:14:20 PM »
There should be a taunt limit online where a player explodes if they do it five times.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #442 on: March 13, 2013, 07:20:16 PM »
I like Mop's idea. But doesn't "rating" the opponent fix that? Label that guy a jerk, change settings to "no jerks" and no one has to play him ever again.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #443 on: March 13, 2013, 07:22:13 PM »
I like Mop's idea. But doesn't "rating" the opponent fix that? Label that guy a jerk, change settings to "no jerks" and no one has to play him ever again.

Doesnt stop douchebags on Xbox Live, where u can block someone (so u never get matched up with them again).

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #444 on: March 13, 2013, 08:04:07 PM »
Nintendo can make it work better. I'm sure someone over there will figure it out.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #445 on: March 13, 2013, 10:54:15 PM »
I think having a block  user function is important for any online system...and should be system oriented so you can block the user from all games.

That said, I think it is more positive to build into the game systems that will discourage that behavior. 

A simple idea could be taunts:  Taunts debuff your player for the entire match 2% damage and defense.  If you are taunting someone you think you are better than them...why not prove it...by playing at a disadvantage.  The first one or two taunts isn't too damaging, but if you do 5 taunts and are now doing 10% damage and receiving 10% more damage that is pretty significant.  Can you imagine players with a taunting complex realizing that they have just made their character 20% disadvantage over all players with just 5 taunts.  If you do 10 taunts well you are pretty much screwed.

In fact all problems with the problematic play styles and strategies can be modified by positive/negative in game influences on the matches.

Like the list I had above you can come up with many different methods and it can even be a type of in game balancing of the match. 

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #446 on: March 13, 2013, 11:03:25 PM »
I want to write a really long post about online matchmaking systems when I get to my computer. This sort of goofy stuff can pretty easily be prevented without implementing extra rules like debuffs or whatever.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: March 13, 2013, 11:13:44 PM »
I want to write a really long post about online matchmaking systems when I get to my computer. This sort of goofy stuff can pretty easily be prevented without implementing extra rules like debuffs or whatever.

More tripping is needed.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #448 on: March 14, 2013, 12:47:50 AM »
SUPER:  Perhaps, but the debuffs and buffs are also implemented to rewards different styles of play and discourage others.  It doesn't rule out a strategy as being viable, but it might hurt it. 

I think it was you who mentioned the King maker player...that player whom takes a lot of damage and is easy to kill so people run after to kill that player and such...debuffs and buffs could help eliminate or neutralize that style of play...and could make a more fun game and environment. 

Though, I also would like a combo counter in the game, but that is because often I can't tell if I am really doing a combo or not...unless the game can count and show it to me.

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #449 on: March 14, 2013, 04:59:57 AM »
Yeah, I did talk about kingmaker, nice of you to bring that up :faust:.

Implementing a debuff or penalty for running away won't really work, because the condition isn't that discrete. If it's the best tactic, people will do it to just the maximum that they can, touch another character or something to prevent the penalty, and go back to what they were doing.

In random matchmaking, a time ruleset would pretty much solve this, I think. Maybe +1 for kills and -0 for deaths would be best? If it's stock and more than two players, well, people are just going to run away. Stock teams should be fine, though.