Author Topic: Super Smash Bros. for WiiU (& 3DS)  (Read 461732 times)

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
Re: Super Smash Bros. WiiU (& 3DS)
« Reply #400 on: January 23, 2013, 11:11:40 PM »
They will have to one up Snake's Brawl announcement somehow...

Ezio? Mickey? Bayo?
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: January 23, 2013, 11:33:53 PM »
Assuming the rules for 3rd party characters from Brawl still apply, Mickey didn't originate in a video game. Ezio is eligible in that he starred in Assassin's Creed II: Discovery on DS. Who really remembers that game though? Connor would make more sense since ACIII was at least a Wii U launch title.

Bayonetta would be cool (and I still think she's a possibility), but one-up than Snake? Her game is niche a best despite the cult following. The only character that would definitely one-up Snake's surprise announcement is Sonic and he's already in. Hopefully, he makes the cut. Mega Man is a possibility, but Capcom keeps trying to convince people that Mega Man has no audience. A Resident Evil character might do the trick. Jill looks pretty awesome in Marvel vs. Capcom 3 so there's definitely a moveset for her even if they remove her gun moves. As much as I love Jill, I'd still go with Mega Man personally.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: January 24, 2013, 06:52:48 AM »
Well with Namco working on the game, I'd still put my money on Pac-Man appearing.  Sure his current games don't get much attention but he's still a huge icon for the original arcade game and one of the most recognizable gaming characters in the world because of it.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #403 on: January 24, 2013, 02:29:32 PM »
Plus, a Pac-Man stage would be awesome. Imagine fighting in one of the mazes.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: January 24, 2013, 06:38:15 PM »
Plus, a Pac-Man stage would be awesome. Imagine fighting in one of the mazes.

It really would work perfectly.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #405 on: January 24, 2013, 07:00:16 PM »
Yeah, I think Pac-Man is pretty much a guarantee. I'm hoping that's it for third-party characters, but it probably isn't...

Offline NeoStar9X

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: January 24, 2013, 08:13:49 PM »
Pac-Man would be good as a stage. As a fighter I don't know. Do they go with how he or she (if they include Mrs. Pac-man....always enjoyed that game more) is in the games. Or the version that has arms and legs. I don't mind that look but I know that freaks some people out for some reason.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #407 on: January 24, 2013, 08:20:07 PM »
Since they used the arms and legs version of Pac-Man in Street Fighter X Tekken, I would assume they would use that version if he (or Ms. Pac-Man) is included in Super Smash Bros. 4.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: January 24, 2013, 08:25:13 PM »
I don't see how that conceivably works as a stage. Looks pretty difficult to KO anyone.

I'd imagine Pac-Man would have arms and legs just so he could do more than wakka wakka wakka.

I don't think Pac-Man will be the only 3rd party addition though I don't see them going overboard. Bayonetta (if she makes it in) could be considered 1st party depending on how Nintendo cut the deal for Bayonetta 2. They may have acquired the rights to the character. Really, I'm hoping for some surprises. Snake came out of nowhere and Sonic just seemed inevitable after that. On the Nintendo side, only ROB wasn't an obvious additon.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #409 on: January 24, 2013, 08:28:28 PM »
I don't see how that conceivably works as a stage. Looks pretty difficult to KO anyone.

You simply open up the top. Part of the fun would be racking up such a high percentage in order to get the kill. Plus, the warp things would be really fun to strategize around.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #410 on: January 24, 2013, 08:30:51 PM »
Maybe have the stage change dynamically like the PictoChat stage did in Brawl?
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #411 on: January 24, 2013, 08:36:13 PM »
I can also imagine a Ms. Pac-Man game that plays in the background with the level scrolling as Ms. Pac-Man goes from the top to the bottom of the stage. Players can then be KO'd from the top or bottom half that's missing. Maybe the level changes as the game progresses.

Offline tendoboy1984

• KyTim 2: The KyTimening
  • Score: -42
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: January 26, 2013, 02:00:18 PM »
Well with Namco working on the game, I'd still put my money on Pac-Man appearing.  Sure his current games don't get much attention but he's still a huge icon for the original arcade game and one of the most recognizable gaming characters in the world because of it.

Pac-Man Championship Edition DX is one of the best arcade games I have ever played, and it got great reviews.
Nintendo Network: tendoboy1984
PSN: PS_man1984
3DS: 2294-5830-5931

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
Sakurai still in pain
« Reply #413 on: February 27, 2013, 03:40:25 PM »
So Sakurai's pain is still going on and just may hinder development of the new Smash Bros titles even more than it already has. Check the link to see the whole article.

You know I had similar issues for about 2 years with my right sword arm before I felt the relief. His is more severe than mine but I've decided I am going to twitter him my insight on the subject. Anyone fluent in Japanese able to help me translate it so I can copy and paste it to him? It would be pretty short. When it comes to some doctors and issues like this I personally can never trust them when I keep getting perscribed pills that mask the pain until I'm addicted.

"I think the one word I've said the most this year, by far, is 'Ow!'" he wrote. "Not only am I getting calcific tendonitis, but they've also found what are apparently several ruptures in the muscles. My upper arm hurts, and there's this chronic dull pain in my elbow joint as well. On the lower arm, there's this feeling of fatigue around the flexor muscles that turns into pain when I use a keyboard or game controller with my fingers.

[font=.HelveticaNeueUI]http://www.polygon.com/2013/2/27/4035046/why-masahiro-sakurais-bum-right-arm-is-hindering-work-on-the-new[/font]
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: February 27, 2013, 03:42:53 PM »
The pain of the director shouldn't hinder development. :(

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #415 on: February 27, 2013, 03:57:02 PM »
The pain of the director shouldn't hinder development. :(

I suppose it shouldn't but he's so hands on with his projects there is no other way around it.

RomanceDawn

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #416 on: February 27, 2013, 04:09:53 PM »
Man, that guy has really got to lay off himself.

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: February 27, 2013, 04:33:13 PM »
Man, that guy has really got to lay off himself.
Zing!

Offline tendoboy1984

• KyTim 2: The KyTimening
  • Score: -42
    • View Profile
Re: Sakurai still in pain
« Reply #418 on: February 28, 2013, 11:06:39 PM »
So Sakurai's pain is still going on and just may hinder development of the new Smash Bros titles even more than it already has. Check the link to see the whole article.

You know I had similar issues for about 2 years with my right sword arm before I felt the relief. His is more severe than mine but I've decided I am going to twitter him my insight on the subject. Anyone fluent in Japanese able to help me translate it so I can copy and paste it to him? It would be pretty short. When it comes to some doctors and issues like this I personally can never trust them when I keep getting perscribed pills that mask the pain until I'm addicted.

"I think the one word I've said the most this year, by far, is 'Ow!'" he wrote. "Not only am I getting calcific tendonitis, but they've also found what are apparently several ruptures in the muscles. My upper arm hurts, and there's this chronic dull pain in my elbow joint as well. On the lower arm, there's this feeling of fatigue around the flexor muscles that turns into pain when I use a keyboard or game controller with my fingers.

[font=.HelveticaNeueUI]http://www.polygon.com/2013/2/27/4035046/why-masahiro-sakurais-bum-right-arm-is-hindering-work-on-the-new[/font]

Sakurai has a Twitter account?

I find it funny that so many individual developers have Twitter accounts, but Facebook is reserved for more corporate PR stuff.
Nintendo Network: tendoboy1984
PSN: PS_man1984
3DS: 2294-5830-5931

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #419 on: March 01, 2013, 12:33:16 AM »
Sakurai has a Twitter account?

He's had one for years, it's actually VERY well known and has been mentioned many times here and on the podcasts. Sakurai loves to post pics of his cat on Twitter.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #420 on: March 01, 2013, 01:08:41 AM »
There can never be too many cats pictures.

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #421 on: March 01, 2013, 02:42:54 AM »
He even posts his action figures that he uses to make the in game attacks and poses. He posts very often too. Though looks like recently he slowed down a bit. He needs to.

RomanceDawn

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: March 01, 2013, 07:17:46 AM »
its a shame... sakurai is my favorite dev

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #423 on: March 01, 2013, 10:19:57 AM »
Wasn't one of his reasons for cutting down on the twitter the fact that everyone assumed all his tweets had something to so with Smash Bros?

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: March 01, 2013, 01:38:37 PM »
Sakurais cat confirmed for brawl
yeah probably