Author Topic: Super Smash Bros. for WiiU (& 3DS)  (Read 461784 times)

Offline MegaByte

• NWR Staff... Can't win trivia
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 31337
    • View Profile
    • Konfiskated Teknologies Network
Re: Super Smash Bros. WiiU (& 3DS)
« Reply #175 on: April 26, 2012, 02:39:22 AM »
I dunno why someone didn't make a Bomberman Party game...that took different multiplayer vs modes that Bomberman could have and create fun mini games around it.  5-6 simple and fun verse modes would have made a killer download game.
Ever hear of the Bomberman Land series? Or Bomberman Blast for a more traditional version.
Aaron Kaluszka
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: April 26, 2012, 12:27:19 PM »
So buy either the 3DS version or the WiiU and play online with everyone on both games?  That might work.  How it all works and what makes it special is yet to be seen though.

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: April 26, 2012, 12:32:01 PM »
IGN has a recent interview with Sakurai on the game. He is really pushing connectivity. What can really be done?

http://wii.ign.com/articles/122/1223770p1.html
Any chance you can quote the pertinent info?  IGN keeps crashing my browser.

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: April 26, 2012, 01:10:23 PM »
IGN has a recent interview with Sakurai on the game. He is really pushing connectivity. What can really be done?

http://wii.ign.com/articles/122/1223770p1.html
Any chance you can quote the pertinent info?  IGN keeps crashing my browser.

It was already up in Talk Back. This should work.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/forums/index.php?topic=37582.0
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: April 27, 2012, 10:18:55 PM »
Since the Wii U will have a better online system than the Wii currently has then could Nintendo patch Super Smash Brothers Brawl's online to make it more stable by using the Wii U's internet connection? Eveytime I try to play Brawl online it fails and it is going to be a long time before the next Smash Brothers game is released for the Wii U, so more people being able to get online with Brawl would help them until the next game is released.
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: April 28, 2012, 02:45:24 AM »
Since the Wii U will have a better online system than the Wii currently has then could Nintendo patch Super Smash Brothers Brawl's online to make it more stable by using the Wii U's internet connection? Eveytime I try to play Brawl online it fails and it is going to be a long time before the next Smash Brothers game is released for the Wii U, so more people being able to get online with Brawl would help them until the next game is released.

They can't since Brawl wasn't made to support any kind of future patching.

Of course since Sakurai's recent game Kid Icarus: Uprising for the 3DS supports patches and is getting some,the next Smash Bros for the 3DS and Wii U will support online patching so those games will have the ability to fix any problems.  But for Brawl that ship has sailed.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Online NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: April 28, 2012, 03:00:13 AM »
I'm not saying they will patch it, because they almost certainly won't, but Mario Kart 7 and Mighty Switch Force weren't designed to support patching either. They added that on the 3DS at a system level.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: April 30, 2012, 04:53:49 PM »
I'm not saying they will patch it, because they almost certainly won't, but Mario 3D Kart and Mighty Switch Force weren't designed to support patching either. They added that on the 3DS at a system level.
Wasn't Twilight Princess patched at the system level?

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #183 on: April 30, 2012, 10:26:15 PM »
I think you had to download an update channel, or something.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
Confirmed characters in Smash?
« Reply #184 on: May 26, 2012, 02:02:34 PM »
Someone asks Sakurai on Twitter if Geno from Mario RPG, Issac from Golden Sun, or Megaman would be in the next Smash. Of course Sakurai never answers any of our Twitter messages. EXCEPT THIS TIME!!!!!

He responds 2 out of 3!!!

Pretty sure this is legit!

Just scroll down.

http://nsider2.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=596270&st=0

I checked my own Twitter but nothing past the 23rd exists any more... I believe! But then again from the screen shot it say's expand under his name, shouldn't it say view conversation?
« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 02:16:08 PM by Caterkiller »

RomanceDawn

Offline MegaByte

• NWR Staff... Can't win trivia
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 31337
    • View Profile
    • Konfiskated Teknologies Network
« Reply #185 on: May 26, 2012, 02:21:34 PM »
Pretty sure it's not legit. The margin of the supposed tweet is one pixel shorter than the other responses. And you're right about View conversation.
Aaron Kaluszka
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #186 on: May 26, 2012, 02:26:15 PM »
Yeah never mind! Nothing to see here! I just got too excited is all!

RomanceDawn

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 71
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #187 on: May 26, 2012, 02:46:44 PM »
I think 1 out of 3 is more likely, and it'll be Isaac.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: May 26, 2012, 04:53:30 PM »
I think Geno and Isaac are plausible...

as trophies.

Offline tendoboy1984

• KyTim 2: The KyTimening
  • Score: -42
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: May 26, 2012, 05:58:54 PM »
Enough about Geno and Mallow. They were one-shot characters that have probably been forgotten by Square Enix.

They're about as likely to return as Stanley the Bugman from Donkey Kong 3 (arcade).
Nintendo Network: tendoboy1984
PSN: PS_man1984
3DS: 2294-5830-5931

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #190 on: May 26, 2012, 06:24:04 PM »
Don't hate on Stanley. He's just waiting for his big break. It'll probably be at launch on the Wii U's eShop.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: May 26, 2012, 07:08:58 PM »
Geno won't get in because he's owned by Square Enix and if Square Enix was to include a character from Smash Bros, they'd want either Sora from Kingdom Hearts or Slime from Dragon Quest since those are the two most iconic Square Enix characters from games that are currently on Nintendo consoles.

I'm still betting my money on Slime being the Square Enix choice because of how close Nintendo and Square Enix are with that series now.  Unlike Kingdom Hearts which still appears on Sony consoles, Dragon Quest is exclusive to Nintendo consoles and Nintendo even publishes all the titles outside of Japan.  Plus there was the recent Fortune Street which was a giant Mario and Dragon Quest crossover with Mario and Slime both on the front of the cover to show they're the mascots of each series.  So yeah, I'm expecting Slime to be playable.

Isaac might have a chance but the recent Golden Sun sold pretty poorly which will probably kill it.  The only thing that might help him is the fact he was heavily requested for Brawl which helped get him in as an Assist Trophy but the series lack of popularity in recent years is going to make it tough.  Had Dark Dawn been a success I'd probably say he had a good chance but right now, I wouldn't bet on it.

And Mega Man is dead people, don't even try to get your hopes up.  If Capcom won't even put him in their own mascot fighter game Marvel vs Capcom 3, and still not put him in Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, what makes people think they'd actually care to get him into Smash Bros?  Any Capcom character that gets into Smash Bros will either be Ryu from Street Fighter or some kind of character to represent Monster Hunter.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: May 26, 2012, 07:23:23 PM »
I hope Mega Man makes it into Smash Bros. 4 so when we play online, I will literally choose him every time and just slide into you repeatedly for the entire match. You're not going to give me your friend code now, are you?

In terms of popularity, if any Capcom character makes it, I'd bet on someone from Resident Evil, probably Leon or Jill.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #193 on: May 26, 2012, 07:36:29 PM »
I can see Slime as an item or assist trophy, but it'd be a really silly/fun character. I think at this point Sakurai is probably trying his best to cater to fan desires as much as possible, so him going to Square Enix and asking for Geno and maybe letting in a cross promotional character might happen.

But yeah, what Luigi Dude said about Mega Man is as true as it is sad. :(

Offline tendoboy1984

• View Profile
« Reply #194 on: May 26, 2012, 07:51:20 PM »

And Mega Man is dead people, don't even try to get your hopes up.  If Capcom won't even put him in their own mascot fighter game Marvel vs Capcom 3, and still not put him in Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, what makes people think they'd actually care to get him into Smash Bros?  Any Capcom character that gets into Smash Bros will either be Ryu from Street Fighter or some kind of character to represent Monster Hunter.

If Mega Man was dead then Capcom wouldn't have made Mega Man 9 and 10.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #195 on: May 26, 2012, 07:56:38 PM »
If Mega Man is not in the game...but a stupid Resident Evil character is...I will personally risk becoming arrested and kick all members of the team in the crotch...twice.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: May 26, 2012, 08:06:09 PM »
No way! I'd welcome Jill Valentine in every game. She could literally be a new block in Tetris and I would wholeheartedly support it. The Jill Valentine block is an automatic Tetris and one million points.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: May 26, 2012, 08:22:21 PM »

Mega Man 9 and 10 were two extremely low budget titles for downloadable services only.  Marvel vs Capcom 3 was a big budget retail game.  Mega Man was a playable character in both Marvel vs Capcom 1 and 2, but he's not in 3.  This basically shows just how highly Capcom thinks of Mega Man these days.

Offline tendoboy1984

• View Profile
« Reply #198 on: May 26, 2012, 08:27:55 PM »

Mega Man 9 and 10 were two extremely low budget titles for downloadable services only.  Marvel vs Capcom 3 was a big budget retail game.  Mega Man was a playable character in both Marvel vs Capcom 1 and 2, but he's not in 3.  This basically shows just how highly Capcom thinks of Mega Man these days.

Who cares if Mega Man 9 and 10 were downloadable? That doesn't negate the fact that Capcom brought the series back to its 8-bit roots, showing fans that they do care about the character.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #199 on: May 26, 2012, 08:44:15 PM »
To be fair, he's in the PS3 version of Street Fighter x Tekken.