Author Topic: Wii U - e3 is over... now what?  (Read 1590431 times)

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
Re: Wii U
« Reply #2900 on: April 26, 2012, 11:33:59 PM »
Wasn't Nintendo supposed to be a family business? Therefore, shouldn't Yamauchi have transferred control of it to like his son or something? Does Yamauchi have a son?

The guy has a Lazarus Pit that allows him to live forever.
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #2901 on: April 26, 2012, 11:43:18 PM »
He has 2 daughters and a son (who is in his 50s, about the same age as Iwata actually). Yamauchi is a large shareholder, but he does still just have 10% of the stock. Plus, maybe his son didn't want to get into the business? I can't seem to find any info other than his name and that he was born around 1958.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #2902 on: April 26, 2012, 11:55:36 PM »
Yamauchi had groomed Arakawa for years to be his heir, but Arakawa retired and moved to Hawaii, so Yamauchi chose Iwata because Iwata is a genius.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline tendoboy1984

• KyTim 2: The KyTimening
  • Score: -42
    • View Profile
« Reply #2903 on: April 26, 2012, 11:58:21 PM »
Yamauchi had groomed Arakawa for years to be his heir, but Arakawa retired and moved to Hawaii, so Yamauchi chose Iwata because Iwata is a genius.

Agreed. ^_^
Nintendo Network: tendoboy1984
PSN: PS_man1984
3DS: 2294-5830-5931

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #2904 on: April 27, 2012, 12:25:09 AM »
Stop Spamming posts!
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline tendoboy1984

• View Profile
« Reply #2905 on: April 27, 2012, 12:35:59 AM »
Stop Spamming posts!

Dude, or lady (or whatever you are behind your computer), what are you talking about?

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #2906 on: April 27, 2012, 12:41:10 AM »
Just saying "agreed" or "ditto" without actually adding to the thread. I assume.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #2907 on: April 27, 2012, 01:02:04 AM »
Just saying "agreed" or "ditto" without actually adding to the thread. I assume.

I'm pretty sure that's what oohhboy was saying, and if not, it's what I'm saying. If you don't have anything to say beyond agreeing or disagreeing, you probably shouldn't post it.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #2908 on: April 27, 2012, 02:17:06 AM »

I'm pretty sure that's what oohhboy was saying, and if not, it's what I'm saying. If you don't have anything to say beyond agreeing or disagreeing, you probably shouldn't post it.

I disagree.

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #2909 on: April 27, 2012, 02:18:02 AM »
Don't be mean to Tendo, he's only 27 years old!

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #2910 on: April 27, 2012, 02:21:08 AM »
His tag reveals his true age, 118

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2911 on: April 27, 2012, 02:45:36 AM »

I disagree.

1. These aren't hard and fast rules.
2. This is not a democracy; my word is the law, unless you go whining to Crimm about it, and whether you agree or disagree has no bearing on my iron fists of judgment.

J.P. Corbran

Offline MysticGohan

• I have a large position in nVidia.
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #2912 on: April 27, 2012, 03:33:12 AM »

I disagree.

2. This is not a democracy; my word is the law, unless you go whining to Crimm about it, and whether you agree or disagree has no bearing on my iron fists of judgment.

Hehe It's Judgement! :p
Everytime you open your mouth you prove you're an idiot. ~Vegeta

Never argue with an idiot he'll bring you to his level and beat you with experience.

"I'm doing this because I'm PISSED! Why the hell didn't you ask for my help!?!?" `Roy Mustang  FMA

I could go into a Wendy's res

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2913 on: April 27, 2012, 03:39:47 AM »

I disagree.

Hehe It's Judgement! :p

Depends on who you ask.

J.P. Corbran

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #2914 on: April 27, 2012, 05:03:52 AM »
Well, to get back on topic here

2k Sports is developing something for Wii U...
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/blaine-myers/39/7a3/56a

I'm inclined to think it's a Sports game of some sort.....

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2915 on: April 27, 2012, 05:39:25 AM »
Hopefully it's not MLB 2K, which is awful compared to Sony's The Show. I think their exclusivity deal is expiring anyway, so with any luck we'll see some other third party step in and show them how shittily they've handled their monopoly. One can only hope for EA to revive the MVP franchise.

Most likely it's basketball, since they're actually good at that, and they do well in sales with it.

J.P. Corbran

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #2916 on: April 27, 2012, 06:15:54 AM »
Rayman Legends (Origins 2) Wii U video leak
http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/forums/index.php?topic=37608.msg730113#msg730113

and a possible new feature for the uMote may have been found in the video

Outward facing camera? Let's hope so.

Offline Mannypon

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2917 on: April 27, 2012, 08:15:39 AM »
Hopefully it's not MLB 2K, which is awful compared to Sony's The Show. I think their exclusivity deal is expiring anyway, so with any luck we'll see some other third party step in and show them how shittily they've handled their monopoly. One can only hope for EA to revive the MVP franchise.

Most likely it's basketball, since they're actually good at that, and they do well in sales with it.

I hope it's nba 2k as the series is great and there is alot they could do with the tablet (coach mode during timeouts where you use the upad as a clipboard to draw up plays).  Now if I'm really shooting for the stars with my expectations then hopefully its a new entry in the nfl 2k series as I think EA's hold on the nfl license should be up this year and there are rumors that 2k's parent company is going to make a push for the nfl license. let me not get my hopes up though. :/

Offline tendoboy1984

• View Profile
« Reply #2918 on: April 27, 2012, 08:18:39 AM »

I hope it's nba 2k as the series is great and there is alot they could do with the tablet (coach mode during timeouts where you use the upad as a clipboard to draw up plays).  Now if I'm really shooting for the stars with my expectations then hopefully its a new entry in the nfl 2k series as I think EA's hold on the nfl license should be up this year and there are rumors that 2k's parent company is going to make a push for the nfl license. let me not get my hopes up though. :/

After EA practically ran Madden NFL into the ground, why would the NFL want to do exclusive licenses with anyone? MLB doesn't do exclusive licenses anymore, since Sony also makes their "MLB The Show" for PlayStation systems.

Offline Mannypon

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2919 on: April 27, 2012, 08:48:09 AM »

After EA practically ran Madden NFL into the ground, why would the NFL want to do exclusive licenses with anyone? MLB doesn't do exclusive licenses anymore, since Sony also makes their "MLB The Show" for PlayStation systems.

I think the nfl is only concerned about money and not so much the lack of progression in the series.  Exclusive or not, I just hope I get my nfl 2k fix.  Its been to long and even though the updated rosters online breath new life into 2k5, it just isn't the same. 

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2920 on: April 27, 2012, 10:49:06 AM »
Why have I seen that picture of the uMote in like, every WiiU thread here? I get it- it's not a final design, and it may have something interesting on it.

Personally, I think that's the Infrared... thingy that you have on the front of a Wiimote. I wouldn't get too carried away with speculation.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline Ymeegod

• Score: -16
    • View Profile
« Reply #2921 on: April 27, 2012, 02:54:48 PM »
 Maybe an external battery expansion slot?  Would make sense to me since the internal battery is fixed and I'm guessing isn't going last more than 6 hours so having an quick swapable battery option would be great otherwise you'll have to find an outlet or USB port. 

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2922 on: April 27, 2012, 03:35:52 PM »

Sorry, due to the lockout, the NFL restructured the exclusivity deal with EA and added an extra year so it runs through 2013 now.  No new NFL 2k game until at least 2014.

Link

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
Nintendo may release NEW CHARACTERS soon.
« Reply #2923 on: April 27, 2012, 04:18:19 PM »
http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/gamesblog/2012/apr/27/shigeru-miyamoto-rushed-game-forever-bad?

"I don't have a big list of ideas I want to realise," he replies. "I usually come up with new ideas while I am working on other games. That said, there's a strong possibility we will introduce some new characters to the scene soon."

Pretty cool interview. Hopefully I'm not late again. This certainly sounds like a new character driven IP has been created, at least one anyway. Hopefully Shulk and the gang won't be the last new guys to arrive on the 1st party Nintendo scene for a while. Ian you better read this and have something good to say.   

« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 04:21:18 PM by Caterkiller »
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2924 on: April 27, 2012, 04:38:11 PM »
Good interview.  I still think Ian will have something negative to say about that though. :)