Author Topic: Wii U - e3 is over... now what?  (Read 1590694 times)

Offline RedBlue

• Score: 6
    • View Profile
Re: Wii U
« Reply #2725 on: April 16, 2012, 11:58:14 PM »
Project CARS

anyone notice anything about the car in the pic?

I see the nintendo logo

Offline Mannypon

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2726 on: April 17, 2012, 12:06:14 AM »
I saw these pics today or yesterday at neogaf.  Is that really Project CARs?  Are those in game shots?  They look like actual pictures of a race to me.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #2727 on: April 17, 2012, 12:08:37 AM »
That is Project CARS and that is an in game shot, but the logo on the care is not official according to the makers of the game. Fan made alterations.... so they say.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #2728 on: April 17, 2012, 12:15:42 AM »

Had me wondering on a momentary glance.

Pretty much sums up my feelings on professional wrestling.
is your sanity...

Offline Mannypon

• View Profile
« Reply #2729 on: April 17, 2012, 12:40:58 AM »
That is Project CARS and that is an in game shot, but the logo on the care is not official according to the makers of the game. Fan made alterations.... so they say.

WOW, and I thought gran turismo looked good.  Those car models and the texture work are amazing.  So this is coming out for WiiU and Nintendo is rumored to be making their own GT killer in a way.  Its funny, I never thought I'd get my sim racing fix out of my WiiU.  All I need now is my yearly sports games and western rpgs on WiiU and I'll have no need for the PS720. 

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #2730 on: April 17, 2012, 01:50:26 AM »
Wait who is making this Project Cars?!

Also the Mario shown at E3 will be the full fledged version of that SMBMii demo we saw last E3 according to a Nintendo rep.

http://uk.gamespot.com/news/mario-for-wii-u-at-e3-6371859
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #2731 on: April 17, 2012, 01:53:44 AM »
Manny...it doesn't look that great...

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #2732 on: April 17, 2012, 01:56:47 AM »
Wait who is making this Project Cars?!

Also the Mario shown at E3 will be the full fledged version of that SMBMii demo we saw last E3 according to a Nintendo rep.

http://uk.gamespot.com/news/mario-for-wii-u-at-e3-6371859

Slightly Mad Studios, wo also made Need for Speed:Shift.

Hopefully the game looks lime those pics because those are amazing shots.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #2733 on: April 17, 2012, 02:14:55 AM »
Am I the only one who doesn't think those pictures look that great?

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #2734 on: April 17, 2012, 02:38:39 AM »
The models look good, but the track looks like ass.
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline Mannypon

• View Profile
« Reply #2735 on: April 17, 2012, 02:42:35 AM »
The tracks look really bland in those shots but some race tracks aren't grand vistas so I don't put too much attention on that but those car models in those images look really good IMO.  They don't  look like clear video game cars.  I'm sure its the textures that give it  that touch of realism.  Those images would fool the average person 100 percent of the time I think. 

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #2736 on: April 17, 2012, 02:49:11 AM »
It's good enough to pass very casual inspection if you stuck those pictures in a stack of other real photos. Shrinking the pictures is a cheap trick to make them look nice.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #2737 on: April 17, 2012, 03:17:18 AM »
Project Cars...running the prettiest cars in the video game business at 15 frames per second.

I am of course joking...but those just look too good.

Offline Enner

• My sales numbers, let me show you them
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #2738 on: April 17, 2012, 04:12:28 AM »
Project Cars...running the prettiest cars in the video game business at 15 frames per second.

I am of course joking...but those just look too good.

If you look at footage of Need for Speed: Shift and Shift 2: Unleashed and consider ever-growing computer power, then the level of detail achieved in those screen shots is in the realm of possibility. Slightly Mad Studios made those Shift games to be real lookers. With Project CARS undergoing development on the PC, it is no surprise the car models look so pretty.

http://www.wmdportal.com/projectnews/project-cars-community-gallery-15/#more-1075

As for the tracks being low-detail, please be reminded that Project CARS (Community Assisted Racing Simulator) is being made in a crowd sourced manner. All the resources are probably being put in what the community want: beautiful cars and respectable environments.

EDIT:
A neat little night video of the California highway track from build 179, pre-alpha.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 04:23:25 AM by Enner »

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #2739 on: April 17, 2012, 05:47:18 AM »
Oh very nice. It looks like they have their priorities straight. Not the prettiest thing around, but they do have the important things nailed down flat.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #2740 on: April 17, 2012, 09:26:01 AM »
Well lets just hope it does capture the feeling of speed a racing game need...that pre alpha footage looked slow, but it was pre alpha...or it is not fair to judge. 

Also I hope the physics are great and have options for an arcade experience and simulation experience.

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #2741 on: April 17, 2012, 01:05:38 PM »
Developers of Cave Story say Wii U is the most powerful system Nintendo ever made.
http://blogocio.net/los-usuarios-pueden-estar-tranquilos-wiiu-sera-por-mucho-la-consola-mas-potente-que-nintendo-ha-hecho-nunca-no-52324/

It's in spanish so hopefully you have that auto translator. Nothing big in there I don't think. Not totally reassuring for you pessimists out there, since a statement like that is a given. But be happy anyway!

Other analysts actually say's good things about Wii U.
http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2012-04-16-wii-u-what-analysts-think-now?

Lots of quotes in there from Pachter and others who like to feed off the anguish of you folks who are easily swayed by the bad rumors.

Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2742 on: April 17, 2012, 01:49:20 PM »
$300 being a death price point is a bunch of bull.

The PS3 and 360 little version are around $250.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #2743 on: April 17, 2012, 02:01:40 PM »
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #2744 on: April 17, 2012, 08:32:32 PM »
Developers of Cave Story say Wii U is the most powerful system Nintendo ever made.

This is a textbook example of Double Speak. Even the most negative anti-Nintendo analyst ever doubted the Wii U was going to be more powerful than the Wii. The Wii is currently Nintendo's most powerful system (unless the 3DS is more powerful, which it may be), but the Wii is extremely weak by current gen standards, so the bar is very low and for the Wii U to rise above that bar and become Nintendo's most powerful system isn't really saying much.

What we all really want to hear is that the Wii U is the most powerful console ever made by ANYONE, but that's not what we're hearing. So the uncertainty over whether or not the Wii U is more powerful than the PS360 still lingers on.
is your sanity...

Offline the asylum

• Score: -28
    • View Profile
« Reply #2745 on: April 17, 2012, 08:45:10 PM »
I could honestly give less than two shits how powerful the Wii U is

All I want is support. And have said support not dry up and die for months on end. (see also: Wii, most of 2011)

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #2746 on: April 17, 2012, 08:58:58 PM »
How powerful Wii U is will affect how much support it gets so yeah, in a way, you should and do care.

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2747 on: April 17, 2012, 09:28:52 PM »

This is a textbook example of Double Speak. Even the most negative anti-Nintendo analyst ever doubted the Wii U was going to be more powerful than the Wii. The Wii is currently Nintendo's most powerful system (unless the 3DS is more powerful, which it may be), but the Wii is extremely weak by current gen standards, so the bar is very low and for the Wii U to rise above that bar and become Nintendo's most powerful system isn't really saying much.

What we all really want to hear is that the Wii U is the most powerful console ever made by ANYONE, but that's not what we're hearing. So the uncertainty over whether or not the Wii U is more powerful than the PS360 still lingers on.
I think the 3DS is more powerful than the Wii... I only think so, though. My reasoning is that it displays prettier games on a smaller space and has much better online.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #2748 on: April 17, 2012, 09:58:35 PM »
The 3DS has programmable shaders, right?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #2749 on: April 18, 2012, 12:26:51 AM »
THQ flinches at an NDA Nintenja during Interview with HipHopGamer

Wii U talk starts at about 6:00 - Interview is about Darksiders II