Author Topic: Mafia LI: Public Executioners. Checking Out. Game Over.  (Read 8948 times)

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Game over! Mafia wins.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia LI: Public Executioners. Checking Out. Game Over.
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2011, 12:28:29 AM »
Final results:

Shyguy - Townie (killed by executioner Thatguy)
Toruresu - Townie (killed by Mafia)

Mafia achieves a townie/mafia tie ratio to win.

Winners:

Ceric - Godfather
Apdude - Goon 1
Despicable - Goon 2
Thatguy - Goon 3

Now post away how you got suckered by the mafia and the host for the odd twist.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2011, 12:32:40 AM »
I think this game setup is pretty difficult for the townies. The Mafia can just sit back and watch them all blame each other, there isn't much reason for them to try to bandwagon anyone. Without having much meaning behind their actions, it's harder to figure out who they are.

That said, I did make a lot of mistakes this game. I did end up figuring out all the members but it was after it was too late. I suspected Thatguy, but I thought if I went along with him then I would be spared for the time being. I was hoping that I would be able to figure out the other members from him, and, well, I did get Ceric. But I thought once Ceric was out, then they would have no use for me anymore. Apdude I had a bad feeling about since day one, and I was sure of it by day three. But then, alas, it was too late.

I wasted my hit on Silenced. I really did roll a die to see who it would end up on, and it was him. I figured I'd go for it and maybe Thatguy would trust me for going with his “suspicion.” But instead, I should have listened to those quiet, nagging doubts, and chose Ceric, or, better yet, Apdude.

I learned my lesson this game, but it's one I should have already known: I need to listen to myself. I'm sure I'll forget that by the next game.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2011, 12:41:34 AM »
Few things I want to say before I get into what I noticed. What was the deal with the theighguy stuff.? It was distracting and not really needed.

Now I figured out 2 of the last 3 Mafia members after Dispicable died.I sent Khush a PM with my guesses. Thatguy,apdude and Toru.  Then I figured that Ceric was the last and not Toru.  Here is I think was the gameplan of the Mafia for this game. Make sure that Ceric got the vote hit to start the game off to get a good start.He could of explained it away as being a townie and it was the first day. I thought that thatguy being not around was a way so that the focus would not be on him. apdude was mainly on my list purely because I saw him sending a message a little after the vote one of these days and he was voting with thatguy alot. Finally the last day wasn't that good because the townies were not trying and generally gave up for the majority of the day. The Ceric and thatguy vote was a good plan to make sure the vote kill was in the Mafia's hands.

I plan on posting signups on Saturday and I plan on having them go till June 12th.I'll start the game on the 13th.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 12:46:26 AM by Maxi »
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline apdude

• Not Robin
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2011, 12:45:36 AM »
I'm not sure how the townies would figure out voting patterns in this one.  I guess the best strategy I would use would be to try to keep the vote close and see who chimes in and pretty much blaim everyone and see if it causes some defensive behaviour.  Of course that would take some cooperation which is hard for townies especially early.  I'm thinking the executioner should probably obstain from killing anyone unless they are pretty sure, which would strech out the game and cause potential patterns in the mafia hits.  Even then it would probably be difficult.

apdude was mainly on my list purely because I saw him sending a message a little after the vote one of these days and he was voting with thatguy alot.

Actually the message I sent after the vote was to Mop It Up and Toru telling them that I was going to try to make the vote close by voting stevey to try to catch potential mafia members.  It was kind of a long shot, but I figure even if they thought I was mafia that it would make stevey and anyone else who voted for him more suspicious. 

And I don't think I voted with thatguy even once!?
« Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 01:01:14 AM by apdude »

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2011, 12:58:37 AM »
Actually the message I sent after the vote was to Mop It Up and Toru telling them that I was going to try to make the vote close by voting stevey to try to catch potential mafia members.
As a tip, I would have been less suspicious of this PM if you had sent it to Thatguy as well.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2011, 01:00:56 AM »
You are right apdude you didn't vote with thatguy on the same day as him but you voted for the same people in some of the days. Same with Ceric as well.I mean that your votes were similar even though they were not the same day.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2011, 01:20:38 AM »
I don't think votes were a great way to tell who someone was in the game. For example, I think Ceric won the first vote without any mafia member voting for him, aside from Ceric himself.

On the next day, I really wasn't going to be there, I had to travel to and from Orlando that night, so I just posted the truth. I saw the wacky Dasmos hit that I wasn't aware of until after it was made, and just figured I needed to divert attention away from the person who actually made the hit. I put the hit in Mop it up's hands, I believe, by voting for her, knowing it'd be a tough spot and being aware that she didn't have too strong suspicions in any one direction.

On Day 3, I wanted to change things up, and I actually resolved to try to target Ceric to try to gain some credibility. Near the end of the day, I PMed Toruresu the rationale I used later on in the Day 4 thread, also suggesting stevey was the only other player who I thought would possibly make said opening move of killing Dasmos, but that I suspected Ceric more.  I figured this way, I'd have a target to go after the day after Ceric died to try to pass less heat off of apdude, who Mop it up and Toruresu thought was a little suspicious.

That lead to the fourth day, and yeah, I figured I'd have us try to take over the vote so we could make the final two hits ourselves, and it worked.

What would have made the game a lot more enjoyable? If all the players had actually played, and not died by inactivity, aside from Despicable. A three-mafia team isn't that bad of a group to play this game with should all townies participate, four might work with a few more players involved, I'd imagine. That's my impressions.

I liked the idea of the twist, and was disappointed I was mafia this time around. I really wanted to see what I could do as a townie this game, and didn't get to face that challenge. While I say I think it may have been manageable for townies, I really didn't get to feel that perspective all too well, so I have no idea.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2011, 01:26:20 AM »
This game was near impossible without clues. It would have to be a very large game with twice as many townies to give a couple weeks to find patterns of behaviour.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2011, 01:32:31 AM »
Okay, that video from Oohboy was disturbing. I've never watched Nip/Tuck. I thought the guy was a surgeon, not a manwhore.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2011, 01:33:21 AM »
Also want to ask Ceric if the hits were based on players that could figure out this game more easily then others?
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2011, 01:35:26 AM »
I think part of it is that this game was kind of like a fresh start. It requires totally different strategies from a regular game so it was basically like playing with a whole new set of players since I had no idea how everyone would behave in certain situations. Of course, we also have a decent number of newer players, so I already don't have too much of an idea of how they play anyway.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2011, 01:38:50 AM »
Also want to ask Ceric if the hits were based on players that could figure out this game more easily then others?

They were based on randomness the entire time, except maybe the last, from what I understand.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2011, 01:57:52 AM »
I think if the townies had an investigator, and maybe a throw in a killer, the game would have had something to sink your teeth into.

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2011, 02:14:48 AM »
I think we can safely say that if I wasn't killed off the first night, we could have chalked this up as a townie win.
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2011, 02:26:17 AM »
Yeah I think so as well Dasmos. The townies had a good set of players it is just that they were either killed by the kill vote or the Mafia. Nickmitch could have been a factor as well.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2011, 07:41:22 AM »
Okay, that video from Oohboy was disturbing. I've never watched Nip/Tuck. I thought the guy was a surgeon, not a manwhore.

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

To clarify, he is both a surgeon and a manwhore.

What was the deal with the theighguy stuff.? It was distracting and not really needed.

Thighguy was shyguy for a couple of days and had some tasty thighs for an avatar. I originally played it for laughs, but when stevy actually voted for him I played it for some extra chaos knowing the townies were doomed since by that time they only needed to swing one vote.

I think this game could have worked if the mafia didn't have the ability to make a hit everyday, but instead had some other power that was more subtle and a reason, BS as it maybe given by the executioner. As it currently stands, the attrition rate is too high and the Mafia didn't need to stack their votes like normal.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2011, 08:00:23 AM »

They were based on randomness the entire time, except maybe the last, from what I understand.
Actually, It wasn't.  Toru was the first days random selection but I chose Dasmos because of the strangeness and I knew he be a strong player if he was here.  Sundoulos was Random but that was because people would know it was me.  The second hit I fell on Stratos because I couldn't get Mop it up and Toru would have been to suspicious.  Third hit we I got Mop it up, even though my team wasn't very helpful on that one.  Fourth was obviously Toru because he had discredited himself.

This style of game is hard to play strategically because any true pattern to your hits will give you away and when you can really see where everyone is leaning then its almost over.

The ThighGuy stuff was a distraction.

I think not having the Story Posts to interact with really hurt this style.  Most of the day I didn't know how I should play on the thread and this style needs chatter.

It stinks ThatGuy was going to backstab me and take Godfather.  I was open to hit suggestions the whole time but I don't think I really received any.  Even though the Mafia played well.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Silenced

• A rather quiet thatguy
  • Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2011, 08:24:59 AM »
The townies lost the day three of them were killed (one from inactivity). I was suspecting thatguy since he was running the game way too much. But then mop_it_up killed me. Another game of mafia, cut short.

What's next, the Teen Titans one?

Offline Toruresu

• Lusts round Birdos
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2011, 08:49:48 AM »
I'm baffled. Once again, thatguy uses me :/

That's it! You will be my day 1 vote, for the next 2 games.
Currently Playing:
Currently Reading:

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2011, 09:28:35 AM »
I'm baffled. Once again, thatguy uses me :/

That's it! You will be my day 1 vote, for the next 2 games.
Vendetta <insert Pyramid Knife Smiley Here that I can't seem to find>
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2011, 09:42:22 AM »
Yeah Silenced Teen Titans will be next. If I get 20 people then I can go 5 townie roles and 5 Mafia roles and then 10 normal townies.Thats what I am shooting for. I'll post it sometime on Saturday maybe a little after Midnight then I'll just field the questions when I wake up again on Saturday.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Silenced

• A rather quiet thatguy
  • Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2011, 01:41:07 PM »
Can we make character claims now please? I don't want people stealing the character I want to be.  ;)

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2011, 02:01:31 PM »
I forget if Bat Mite made an appearance in Teen Titans.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2011, 05:47:47 PM »
I guess so Silenced just PM me.Also I am more familiar with the characters from the cartoon then the comic book so if you pick something from the comic well you are going to have to give a lengthy background on the character so I can get an idea of what that character is about either in the signups or during play.Preferably sign ups though.Never know how long you will be alive...
Alexis, she/her/Miss