Author Topic: Street Pass!  (Read 120129 times)

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
Re: Street Pass!
« Reply #275 on: July 14, 2013, 11:33:50 PM »
Pokepal, what do you mean random houses? You mean for HHA? Because I don't think that is true (I only have houses from StreetPass, and I have not heard anyone say they have gotten any from SpotPass).
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline TheFleece

• K.K. Slider Vinyl Collector
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #276 on: July 15, 2013, 07:51:50 AM »
i think animal crossing had its streetpass functions tweaked for western audiences(now you get random homes from spotpass) but i'm not certain

Pokepal, what do you mean random houses? You mean for HHA? Because I don't think that is true (I only have houses from StreetPass, and I have not heard anyone say they have gotten any from SpotPass).

Actually This just happened to me. We have three 3DS systems and I got a Spot Pass alert on New Leaf. I checked my Street Pass and it's just the other two systems. I check my Street Pass in New Leaf and there's some dude I've never seen before.
Also checking the Spot Pass section of the Manual, it explains that items and model homes and other data will be sent through it.
Handhelds at Heart
---
It's like a finger pointing away to the moon....
You don't want no part of this ***!
Animal Crossing New Leaf Pics

Offline Dan Laser

• Score: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: July 15, 2013, 02:37:25 PM »
i think animal crossing had its streetpass functions tweaked for western audiences(now you get random homes from spotpass) but i'm not certain

Actually This just happened to me. We have three 3DS systems and I got a Spot Pass alert on New Leaf. I checked my Street Pass and it's just the other two systems. I check my Street Pass in New Leaf and there's some dude I've never seen before.
Also checking the Spot Pass section of the Manual, it explains that items and model homes and other data will be sent through it.

I've had a few animal crossing spotpasses - Reggie, Krys, and Rich. I think Krys and Rich are also nintendo staff?

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #278 on: July 15, 2013, 02:39:07 PM »
I forgot about Reggie.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline TheFleece

• View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #279 on: July 20, 2013, 01:30:48 PM »
These new Street Pass games are no joke (except for Flower Town). I've spent every last Play Coin and have spent more time outside trying to grab Street Passes just I could play (mostly Mii Force) again. Anyone else enjoying them as much as I am?
Handhelds at Heart
---

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #280 on: July 20, 2013, 02:05:24 PM »
So, as it stands now, you have to play Find Mii and Puzzle Swap with Miis that visit your town before you can let in more Miis. Is that still true with the new games? That's one of the things holding me back from a purchase.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline TheFleece

• View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #281 on: July 20, 2013, 02:13:41 PM »
So, as it stands now, you have to play Find Mii and Puzzle Swap with Miis that visit your town before you can let in more Miis. Is that still true with the new games? That's one of the things holding me back from a purchase.

This is still the case, you can get Plaza Tickets that you can trade in for hats, which essentially kills Find Mii. If that is the only thing holding you back I suggest you try one or two out, they are worth it.
Handhelds at Heart
---

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: July 20, 2013, 02:27:14 PM »
The hats in Find Mii/FM2 are different than the hats you get via Plaza Tickets.

You don't have to play any of the games to let more Miis in, you get a message saying there are new Miis at the gate, but if you greet them, you lose the ability to "play" with the previous Miis.

Note: There's still a limit of ten StreetPasses before you have to greet them to allow more to come to your gate.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline TheFleece

• View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #283 on: July 20, 2013, 02:29:21 PM »
The hats in Find Mii/FM2 are different than the hats you get via Plaza Tickets.

Really? I've gotten some hats that were clearly old that I never unlocked from Find Mii via Plaza Tickets.
Handhelds at Heart
---

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: July 20, 2013, 02:30:29 PM »
Which hats?
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline TheFleece

• View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #285 on: July 20, 2013, 02:32:45 PM »
Toad Hat and Fire Flower- I just got those, I assumed they were old hats I hadn't gotten yet.
Handhelds at Heart
---

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: July 20, 2013, 02:37:30 PM »
http://www.gamefaqs.com/3ds/625899-streetpass-mii-plaza/wiki/3-2-hats

Are you sure it was the Toad Hat?  There's a 1-Up Mushroom Hat that's just got the colors swapped.  Both it and the Fire Flower are some of the new Plaza hats.

Offline TheFleece

• View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #287 on: July 20, 2013, 02:41:13 PM »
So basically you're telling me I have to keep playing Find Mii.....
Handhelds at Heart
---

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: July 20, 2013, 02:44:17 PM »
As far as I understand it... yup.

Best thing to do, buy two more 3DS systems, set their Miis to the same shirt color.  You'll end up with a level 15 attack every eight hours, clears through Find Mii pretty quick. ;)

Offline TheFleece

• View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #289 on: July 20, 2013, 02:49:33 PM »
We have three systems, but I don't think I can convince my roommates to switch their colors to support my Street Pass ocd.
Handhelds at Heart
---

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: July 20, 2013, 02:53:25 PM »
Do they have the same OCD?  If everyone (including you) switches to the same color (I suggest red, so if there's a shield of a particular color, you can use Team Magic on the fire attack), then each of them will get the two Level 7 Miis/Level 15 attack power every 8 hours.

Offline TheFleece

• View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #291 on: July 20, 2013, 02:57:37 PM »
Do they have the same OCD?

Not even close to my level, man. Guess I'll just keep going to Street Pass events and whatnot.
Handhelds at Heart
---

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: July 20, 2013, 03:50:38 PM »
...or buy two more systems. ;)

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: July 20, 2013, 10:04:52 PM »
you get a message saying there are new Miis at the gate, but if you greet them, you lose the ability to "play" with the previous Miis.

It's happened to me twice. It's bullshit. I don't care that much for loosing Miis for Find Mii, but it's terrible loosing them for Puzzle Swap. I just started a few weeks ago taking my 3DS out with me (which means I have a lot to collect with not many streetpass tags for everytime I take it with me), and I've learned my lesson, but it's still bullshit.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #294 on: July 21, 2013, 10:55:49 AM »
Bullshit? Just go to Puzzle Swap and use them, it's not that damn hard. It only takes you an extra 20 seconds max.

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: July 22, 2013, 11:55:48 AM »
The new update brings the Street Pass meet count over 99!

Wait what? You mean the 10/10 limit goes to 99 or something else?
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline TheFleece

• View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #296 on: July 22, 2013, 12:01:06 PM »
Something else. I'm talking about when you Street Pass someone more than once and they say how many times you've met them. Before it was capped at 99, but it's been extended now.
Handhelds at Heart
---

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #297 on: July 22, 2013, 09:43:32 PM »
Really though, how many people will get even close to 99 encounters with 1 person? I guess its fine they extended it, though few people will benefit from it.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: July 22, 2013, 10:31:53 PM »
I have two friends that I've broken 99 with and a third system that's close.

I'd say a *lot* of people will benefit from the lifting of the 99 meeting cap - considering how many people I've met that are part of families or couples where multiple people have a 3DS in the same household.

Now, what the benefit of having passed someone more than 7 times is... well, meh.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #299 on: July 22, 2013, 10:41:43 PM »
A "lot"? LOL, maybe a few hundred people. Max/