Author Topic: Eternal Mafia - Sanity's Rebirth Starts Thursday the 9th at Noon PST!  (Read 15169 times)

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
Re: Eternal Mafia - Sanity's Rebirth
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2010, 10:29:02 AM »
8th is the starting day.

Just warning everyone now: I will not be able to participate in the game on the 8th.  However, I'll be here from the 9th on.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2010, 10:44:58 AM »
Liking how everything is set up.

Even brought back some old role from previous games.I'll look at things closer and see if there is any problems.

If vudu can't start on the 8th why don't we start on the 9th unless that is a problem for you Stratos.

Edit:Okay only thing I see a problem with is the Greater Guardian role. Normally the bodyguard role works like this. If the person being protected gets voted out or killed than the body guard will die but the protectee will still be alive. The way you have it set up it means that things have to be killed in a certain order. Than again if you go my way than that means that Pious will be killed easily the next day.In the game you had to kill the Greater guardian first though so my way isn't in the context of how it works in the game.

Um I'm rambling. What does everybody think?

Other than that maybe the mafia is to big but it is best to wait till sign ups are done before deciding.

Stratos can you bold the roles they kinda blend in with the other words.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 11:16:01 AM by Maxi »
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline apdude

• Not Robin
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2010, 12:29:23 PM »
Just a few questions. 
-Since the night action is 1hr long when some of us are at work, can the actions be submitted before the vote ends at 11am (say 7am)?
-Can you clarify the bone theif? As I understand it, infects someone and if not discovered, kills the infected person. If the psycologist finds the person and they live for 2 days, is the bone theif stuck in that person, or do they chose a different person the next day?  Also if they infect one of the special class characters what happens (defender for example), can they still be removed/killed?
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 01:02:17 PM by apdude »

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2010, 01:48:04 PM »
Can I play as a GameCube?  Would that be ok?

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2010, 05:55:44 PM »
Excuse me, I don't think I signed up for this, I was waiting for the rules to be posted. I've never had much fun in games with atypical daily start/end times. I'll have to get back to you.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2010, 09:19:47 PM »
Just a few questions. 
-Since the night action is 1hr long when some of us are at work, can the actions be submitted before the vote ends at 11am (say 7am)?
-Can you clarify the bone theif? As I understand it, infects someone and if not discovered, kills the infected person. If the psycologist finds the person and they live for 2 days, is the bone theif stuck in that person, or do they chose a different person the next day?  Also if they infect one of the special class characters what happens (defender for example), can they still be removed/killed?

Stratos can you answer these questions.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2010, 12:54:46 PM »
This is the last day for signups,
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 07:08:59 PM by Maxi »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2010, 07:26:17 PM »
I guess I'll play, but I'm going to need a guard. Any volunteers?

And I'm still hoping Stratos isn't AWOL like it seems...

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2010, 12:53:01 AM »
I'm AWOL?

I was going to answer those questions tonight. But thanks for putting them into an easily quotable format for me Maxi! Are these all of them?

Just a few questions. 
1-Since the night action is 1hr long when some of us are at work, can the actions be submitted before the vote ends at 11am (say 7am)?
2-Can you clarify the bone theif? As I understand it, infects someone and if not discovered, kills the infected person. If the psycologist finds the person and they live for 2 days, is the bone theif stuck in that person, or do they chose a different person the next day?  Also if they infect one of the special class characters what happens (defender for example), can they still be removed/killed?

1-Night actions can be submitted at any time. You can even post them ahead multiple days if you need to (that seemed to work out well before). Just be sure to specify which days the hits are for or else I will assume they are for the upcoming night. And please specify by mafia days (i.e. Mafia Day 1, 2, 3, etc.) if you send them in in advance. I see this as being the easiest way to avoid confusion.

2-It takes control of the person's voting behind the scenes. It basically gets to choose that person's vote each night it controls the victim. The infected player can still post votes and act normal, but their vote is changed by the bonethief during the night actions like a regular 'vote changer' role would do. The infected player CANNOT reveal their status in the main threads or else they will be instantly killed by the bonethief as it bursts out of the player's body to flee and avoid being caught, so the bonethief's identity remains anonymous. They can tell people in PM's.

Yes, the bonethief is stuck in that person until the psychologyst and/or defender decide to act on it. I was originally going to make the purging actions automatic but I have decided to give the players the option of what to do. If the defender or the psychologist decide to use their powers on the infected player then they will receive a PM regarding the fact the person is infected. They can then choose to act to purge the player or wait until they can get the other person to help them out. Remember that if the psychologist tries to do it alone the player will only be free for two game days and then die and the bonethief will live. If the defender acts alone then the player and the bonethief will be killed. If both act together then the infected player will not die due to the bonethief and the bonethief is killed.

If the infected person is voted out then the bonethief bursts out of them and flees without being revealed to everyone.

This poses several options for the people of Light; if you have the manouvering room you can wait until the psychologist and the defender know each other and save the guy the best way together; the other options are available for various situations.

If there is a countdown for the recovered infected until death it goes like this: healed by both Light players night of day 3. Lives and votes day 4, lives and votes day 5. Dies immediately once day 6 is posted.

Also, the player who is the bonethief still gets their own vote. (I know some of these facts run contrary to the properties of the bonethief in-game but work with me, I'm playing with the continuity as is for Mafia's Sake)

~!~
Also, I am moving the starting day to the 9th as people have asked. Also gives me a bit of extra time to prepare since I got a flat Monday night and my wrench broke so I was stranded last night and the first part of today and got next to nothing done concerning the game or in the real world.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 12:56:00 AM by Stratos »
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Re: Eternal Mafia - Sanity's Rebirth Starts Thursday the 9th at Noon PST!
« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2010, 02:56:48 AM »
Okay a few questions based on those answers.

Say I have a role and I have a busy few days ahead of me. So I send in my actions. Are these proritized by time? Like If I was the first person to send in actions would I get to be first or does all actions happen at the same time?

Does the infected know who the bonethief is once he or she is infected?
Can the bonethief burst out at anytime?
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2010, 03:11:26 AM »
Okay a few questions based on those answers.

Say I have a role and I have a busy few days ahead of me. So I send in my actions. Are these proritized by time? Like If I was the first person to send in actions would I get to be first or does all actions happen at the same time?

Does the infected know who the bonethief is once he or she is infected?
-All Actions occur at the same time.
-The infected knows when they are infected.

Can the bonethief burst out at anytime?

As it says in the rules: "The Bonethief cannot leave the player of it's own volition." It can be forced out, but never can you just leave.
My Game Collection

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2010, 05:20:56 AM »

still not in...just fan art
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 06:36:27 AM by ThePerm »
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2010, 08:41:15 PM »

« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 08:45:40 PM by ThePerm »
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2010, 10:58:50 PM »
When are you sending out roles?
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 08, 2010, 11:06:22 PM »
When the game starts, silly ;)

I may do it tonight before bed and start the first day early. I'm undecided at this point.
My Game Collection

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 08, 2010, 11:29:32 PM »
Well, sending out roles before the game begins would give time for the Mafia to plan something out before the game starts. So, you have to decide if you want them to have that little period of advanced planning, or if you want everyone to start at the same time.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2010, 12:26:16 AM »
I would like to propose that we not play on the weekend.Forum activity tends to drop off on the weekend. Anybody else in favor of this?
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2010, 03:28:41 AM »
I never run my games on the weekend unless the game is going to end.
My Game Collection

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2010, 03:41:16 AM »
Most people have Friday, Saturday, and Sunday count as one day; what is wrong with that? It gives people a chance to pop in for the day since Friday can sometimes be a packed day for people.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 09, 2010, 03:45:35 AM »
Most people have Friday, Saturday, and Sunday count as one day; what is wrong with that? It gives people a chance to pop in for the day since Friday can sometimes be a packed day for people.

That's what I had in mind. Traditionally most mafia games run that way. Friday-Sunday are on long day.
My Game Collection

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #45 on: September 09, 2010, 01:28:18 PM »
Hmm where is Stratos?About 1 hour and 30 mins till the game starts.
Edit:10 mins to go.

Edit:So late Stratos.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 03:34:33 PM by Maxi »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 09, 2010, 06:04:17 PM »
THIS
ISN'T
REALLY
HAPPENING!

LOL, my alarm did not go off today and this is when I wake up?

I apologize to everyone for the delay. I should have finished it all last night. Roles going out now.
My Game Collection

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 09, 2010, 06:17:26 PM »
Hm, at this point, might it be a better idea to start Monday? There's only two days left to play for this week anyway, one of which will be cut short due to starting late.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 09, 2010, 07:14:10 PM »
It's already up and the roles are disbursed.
My Game Collection