Author Topic: Nintendo 3DS Discussion  (Read 553830 times)

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo 3DS Discussion
« Reply #2275 on: December 20, 2012, 08:50:22 PM »
Yes, with the Wii U you can send a friend request through Miiverse and the person will receive a notification that allows them to accept or decline.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Razorkid

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2276 on: December 20, 2012, 08:55:31 PM »
I can't wait until the Miiverse comes to the 3DS. I see people having fun with it on the Wii U and I'm a bit jealous. Nintendo IDs will also be awesome on the 3DS.

I don't have a Wii U, but with the Miiverse can you request someone be your friend (with them getting a notification) or does the friend system work like the current friend code system?

It actually works both ways. You can add someone from the Friends List app and it works like the 3DS where you have to mutually add each other to be friends. Through Miiverse, you can search for a player by name and send them a request (or follow them twitter style) and they will a recieve a notification of the request to accept or deny at their leisure. I think they changed it in the Friends App now that you can send a request there as well. So nothing to complain about there and hopefully when Miiverse comes to 3DS, that will be addressed as well, especially being that the Friends app on WiiU is identical to that on the 3DS.
"All the world is blind to my passing..."

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #2277 on: December 28, 2012, 01:07:44 PM »
Can anyone who's played Bit.Trip Saga elaborate on the issues with the game? I'm really interested now that it's on the eShop, but have heard things that make me worried. I pretty much always play with 3D off, so if it's just from 3D that's not an issue.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 71
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #2278 on: December 28, 2012, 09:33:03 PM »
I haven't noticed anything, but I've only really played Runner 1 and keep the 3D off as a matter of course.

I can test it quickly if someone tells me what to look for...
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #2279 on: January 09, 2013, 03:07:14 PM »
I haven't had any issues at all with Bit Trip Saga.
You have to put up with the control scheme imposed on you but that's about it. And that issue is not different than the Wii versions, but the imposed controls are different, so it comes down to preference.

For example, Bit Trip Beat:
- controls on the Wii by tilting the Wiimote,
- controls on the 3DS with either the control pad or stylus on the bottom screen. Of the two, I find the stylus easier to control, but neither is "ideal". Then again, neither was the Wiimote tilting.

The games are still good and its nice to have them all portable, all in one place, always on your system and at a very good price. Its worth it just to have Runner alone. The rest is like gravy.
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline alegoicoe

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2280 on: January 18, 2013, 02:57:07 AM »
If the laucnch of the 3ds was as bad as i remember it then Nintendo has done a hell of a job in terms of software, cause the coming line up of 3ds games is sick to put it bluntly.
Nintendo Network ID: LivByDCreed
Switch Friend Code: SW-4906-9561-1308

Offline Razorkid

• View Profile
« Reply #2281 on: January 19, 2013, 04:43:49 PM »
Yeah, this year is set offer A LOT of high quality games for just about every type of gamer.  I just hope they release a black 3DS XL this year.

Offline alegoicoe

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2282 on: February 14, 2013, 11:24:06 AM »
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/02/3ds_remake_of_dragon_quest_vii_sells_800000_copies_in_just_four_days

I mean 3ds is just sweeping Japan. Giving the success Nintendo is enjoying in japan I don't get the relations with the same company states side.
Nintendo Network ID: LivByDCreed
Switch Friend Code: SW-4906-9561-1308

Offline Razorkid

• View Profile
« Reply #2283 on: February 14, 2013, 12:50:11 PM »
I think the difference is:
-Japan is a very handheld-centric country
-Japanese 3rd parties give huge support to 3DS
-Nintendo's output of 3DS software (both retail and digitally) has hit it's stride.

There are next to no western 3rd party support in the west (outside some eShop developers) and handheld gaming is a slower burn business over here in the west where console gaming is still king.

Offline noname2200

• Not a douche. Seriously.
  • Score: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #2284 on: February 14, 2013, 01:48:56 PM »
I think the difference is:
-Japan is a very handheld-centric country
-Japanese 3rd parties give huge support to 3DS
-Nintendo's output of 3DS software (both retail and digitally) has hit it's stride.

There are next to no western 3rd party support in the west (outside some eShop developers) and handheld gaming is a slower burn business over here in the west where console gaming is still king.

Historically though Western developers have not put their big games on handhelds, and the Gameboy/GBA/DS still all did great over here.

I'm inclined to think the big difference this generation is that the West still has not received many, many games that have been out in Japan for a while now, and that the West has consequently undergone a long drought of quality releases.

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #2285 on: February 26, 2013, 01:13:30 PM »
Anyone have any ideas about how friends and such might work with the 3DS once Miiverse hits it? Seems like we would be able to bypass the friend code system all together.

Pokemon should launch with the 3DS version of Miiverse.
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #2286 on: February 26, 2013, 04:09:08 PM »
Your user name is your friend code.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #2287 on: February 26, 2013, 09:08:39 PM »
Your user name is your friend code.
lol they may just kill the code altogether and force you to create a username to replace it

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 71
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #2288 on: February 26, 2013, 09:39:48 PM »
Pokemon should launch with the 3DS version of Miiverse.

That has been rumored, but I'm hoping for implementation well before that.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #2289 on: March 13, 2013, 02:20:35 AM »
Not sure if this was mentioned anywhere but Aonuma announced on Miiverse that the Zelda Oracle games will be launching on the VC by summer. He said some type of password communication between the 2 would stay intact. Never played them, how were they?

RomanceDawn

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #2290 on: March 13, 2013, 08:39:02 AM »
Not sure if this was mentioned anywhere but Aonuma announced on Miiverse that the Zelda Oracle games will be launching on the VC by summer. He said some type of password communication between the 2 would stay intact. Never played them, how were they?

I remember them being quite good, but it was a long time ago so specific memories about the games are hazy. The communication feature wasn't a big deal for me, but did open up some nice additional content if you owned both games. I would strongly consider getting the digital release for these games later this year.
NNID: ejamer

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #2291 on: March 13, 2013, 11:19:21 PM »
I think they are still rated some of the better Zelda games in the series.  Definitely some of the top 2D games.  I was reading about the 3rd game that was cancelled...it was going to be a remake of the original Zelda.  I would love a Remake of the original Zelda with a fleshed out world (no more weird pattern moving screens to get to dungeons and still keep all the style of secrets that game had and open dungeon design.  An art style like the SNES game...to still keep a retro-ish feel would be great. 

Offline noname2200

• Not a douche. Seriously.
  • Score: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #2292 on: March 15, 2013, 07:17:38 PM »

I thought they were okay. Better than the later handheld games, but inferior to all the 2D Zeldas that came before them.

Offline tendoboy1984

• KyTim 2: The KyTimening
  • Score: -42
    • View Profile
« Reply #2293 on: May 03, 2013, 04:39:53 AM »
How much difference does it make for small HD screens? Is it so much better?

Just look at a smartphone or an iPod Touch.
Nintendo Network: tendoboy1984
PSN: PS_man1984
3DS: 2294-5830-5931

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #2294 on: May 11, 2013, 02:10:30 PM »
So I keep getting random Miis in the plaza that are labeled as 'Met through Invite'. What is up with them? And why do they not seem to count towards my street pass totals? Is it a failed street pass that only got partial information before leaving?

And I know a new reason why it is so hard to street pass in America. Kids don't have their systems set up for it. I saw a family in my restaurant I work at playing with it and they either fully turned off the system when they ate or didn't have it set up for wireless communication. I almost went out and talked to them but I didn't want to be the weird creepy adult with a 'Nintendo toy' trying to get the kid's system to communicate with mine. That seems strange as an outsider. I'll bet a lot of well-intending parents who don't understand how it works make sure it is disabled to protect their kids.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline TheFleece

• K.K. Slider Vinyl Collector
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #2295 on: May 12, 2013, 06:21:04 AM »
So I keep getting random Miis in the plaza that are labeled as 'Met through Invite'. What is up with them? And why do they not seem to count towards my street pass totals? Is it a failed street pass that only got partial information before leaving?

And I know a new reason why it is so hard to street pass in America. Kids don't have their systems set up for it. I saw a family in my restaurant I work at playing with it and they either fully turned off the system when they ate or didn't have it set up for wireless communication. I almost went out and talked to them but I didn't want to be the weird creepy adult with a 'Nintendo toy' trying to get the kid's system to communicate with mine. That seems strange as an outsider. I'll bet a lot of well-intending parents who don't understand how it works make sure it is disabled to protect their kids.

I have gotten a number of Invitation Only Miis as well. I think it happens because they don't have a Mii set up for Street Pass, but they have a game, like 3D Land and they set up street pass in the game so data passes, but you don't get their Mii. I think that's how it goes, I haven't tested anything, but I've gotten actual game data from them in the past.

I also see lots of people with 3DS out in public. I get a good number of Street Passes on the regular, but from time to time I see someone who has a 3DS and their online is off or whatever. One time I saw a guy around my age, late 20's, playing an XL on an empty train car and I asked him what he was playing- Fire Emblem so we talked about the game and whatnot only to find later that we never Street Passed each other. I think some people might be under the impression that you need to be online to get Street Pass, but it isn't true.
Handhelds at Heart
---
It's like a finger pointing away to the moon....
You don't want no part of this ***!
Animal Crossing New Leaf Pics

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #2296 on: May 15, 2013, 01:45:32 AM »

I've been in this boat so many times! It really is hard not to be the creepy adult and I never have any kids with me as leverage. I've lost so many street passes to kids who just didn't have their feature turned on.

Oh but the storm is approaching. Indeed it is! When Pokemon hits and kids start sneaking their 3DS to school again Street Pass will be a force to be reckoned with.

RomanceDawn

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #2297 on: May 15, 2013, 07:44:12 AM »
i've already got what seems to be a streetpass community going on in my school that i've been leeching off of,

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #2298 on: May 24, 2013, 01:31:44 AM »
Apparently new Nintendo Force has info on Renegade Kid's new 3DS platformer Treasurenauts. It looks like inspired by Wario's platformer games with local and download play multiplayer.

My copy of last Nintendo Force was probably lost, post sucks where i live...
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline Enner

• My sales numbers, let me show you them
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #2299 on: June 17, 2013, 10:28:15 PM »
It took a long time to come, but a new 3DS system update now lets you back-up the save data of downloaded games.

Version 6.0.0-11U available via wireless Internet connection includes the following improvements:

Save Data Backup Feature:
Users can now back up save data for downloadable versions of Nintendo 3DS software and most Virtual Console games

Improved system stability and usability:
Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience

Also, it looks like there will be DLC for Mii Plaza in the form of four new Streetpass games.
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/software/built-in/miiplaza/meikyu/index.html#id=movie006[/quote]