Author Topic: Nintendo 3DS Discussion  (Read 551926 times)

Offline noname2200

• Not a douche. Seriously.
  • Score: 21
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo 3DS Discussion
« Reply #2225 on: July 02, 2012, 08:57:31 PM »
I'm a big Fire Emblem fan, so Awakening has my complete and undivided attention. Beyond that, I'd be thrilled to learn there's a new F-Zero coming, although I'd prefer it on a home console.

Offline Mannypon

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2226 on: July 02, 2012, 11:59:12 PM »
When is Fire Emblem actually coming out?  I got into the series when it dropped on the Cube and have been hooked since.  I love the look of the 3ds release too, that cell shaded look is very nice. 

Bringing up F-zero ( a good idea for the 3ds) has me thinking that 1080 and WaveRace would also be sweet on the 3ds. Also, where is my Advanced Wars?  Its crazy the sheer options with franchises Nintendo has lol.  There are so many games they can put out that I'll have no hesitation with buying day one. 

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #2227 on: July 03, 2012, 12:16:59 PM »
Considering that the same developer makes Fire Emblem and Advanced Wars I would guess that it will come after Awakening hits us here since they are probably helping with the localization.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Uncle_Optimus

• Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2228 on: July 05, 2012, 03:13:32 AM »
When is Fire Emblem actually coming out?  I got into the series when it dropped on the Cube and have been hooked since.  I love the look of the 3ds release too, that cell shaded look is very nice. 

Bringing up F-zero ( a good idea for the 3ds) has me thinking that 1080 and WaveRace would also be sweet on the 3ds. Also, where is my Advanced Wars?  Its crazy the sheer options with franchises Nintendo has lol.  There are so many games they can put out that I'll have no hesitation with buying day one. 

I have very fond memories of the original WaveRace on 64. Would love it if Nintendo made a 3ds (or HD!) version, even if it was just an enhanced port ala Ocarina and Starfox.
It has been quite a while since Blue Storm...I wonder if Nintendo does not believe a new game would provide adequate ROI. But surely they can budget a smaller team and keep the game focused tightly on several key targets: the original's same terrific water physics, 8 quality courses and network multiplayer races...doesnt have to be fancy, just needs to be sublime racing fun.
Make it an eShop only release for $20 and sales should be very healthy (but maybe this move would displease retail partners...also it is frankly wishful thinking for such a price point)

Offline NeoStar9X

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2229 on: July 05, 2012, 09:38:38 PM »
If I had to pick I'd rather have a new Advance Wars game. Not that Fire Emblem isn't good because it is but I like the focus on fewer characters. Sometimes Fire Emblem is just to much.

Finally got to try out the demo for Heroes of Ruin. Now I'm no so sure about the game. It is a dungeon crawler but something about it just isn't clicking with me. I knew what it was going to be like. I watched the videos and read up on it. It is what I was expecting but now that I have gotten to play though I'm not sure I want to go through with the purchase even if Amazon.com is selling for $10 off the normal price.

I guess what it's offering, granted this was a demo, just wasn't enough compared to other action/adventure games I've played on the system.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 09:58:41 PM by NeoStar9X »

Offline leahsdad

• This title stolen by Rhythm Thief
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #2230 on: July 06, 2012, 02:27:31 AM »

Finally got to try out the demo for Heroes of Ruin. Now I'm no so sure about the game. It is a dungeon crawler but something about it just isn't clicking with me.

I think what wasn't "clicking" was that it was Diablo without a mouse, battlenet, or art direction.   That demo was bad.   As soon as I turned that off, I deleted that game off my Amazon wishlist.  Like, really really fast.
[Showing off game collection]

Oh yeah, I know I have 2 sealed copies of that game.   1 is for trading.  But people who collect Amiibos?  They really have a problem!

Offline Hey Einstein!

• Score: -9
    • View Profile
« Reply #2231 on: July 06, 2012, 05:24:13 AM »

I have very fond memories of the original WaveRace on 64. Would love it if Nintendo made a 3ds (or HD!) version, even if it was just an enhanced port ala Ocarina and Starfox.

I too love both home versions of Wave Race and a portable remake or sequel would be a day 1 purchase for me. Oh please Nintendo, pretty please!

I too would rather play another Advance Wars game then Fire Emblem.

Offline NeoStar9X

• View Profile
« Reply #2232 on: July 06, 2012, 07:38:44 AM »

Finally got to try out the demo for Heroes of Ruin. Now I'm no so sure about the game. It is a dungeon crawler but something about it just isn't clicking with me.

I think what wasn't "clicking" was that it was Diablo without a mouse, battlenet, or art direction.   That demo was bad.   As soon as I turned that off, I deleted that game off my Amazon wishlist.  Like, really really fast.

I wouldn't say it was bad but it certainly wasn't great (or anywhere close to it) and not worth buying I feel when there are other games that are certainly better and are more enjoyable. After sleeping on it everything in the end felt mediocre for the lack of a better word. Looking back I had a feeling it might end up that way but was hoping that wouldn't be the case. Canceled my preorder last night. I can't justify spending money on a game that feels like that.

The lack of mouse control wasn't an issue for me though. I enjoyed Dungeon Siege 3 and that didn't have mouse controls like the previous games in that series.

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #2233 on: July 06, 2012, 10:37:19 AM »
Wait, what exactly made the game bad? I liked it.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #2234 on: July 06, 2012, 12:11:43 PM »
These two demo impressions might be of use to you. To sum up, it's not a bad game, but it is mediocre as hell and is graphically subpar compared to anything else on the 3DS in a way that affects gameplay. If you have no way of playing games like torchlight or D3 or even heaven forbid Dungeon Siege or you absolutely must have a game of this type on a 3DS, sure go ahead, but it lacks serious polish. If this was a $10 e-shop title, it wouldn't be a half bad idea, but $30 retail, no thanks.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #2235 on: July 06, 2012, 01:27:09 PM »
Wait, what exactly made the game bad? I liked it.

I also thought the demo felt ok. At least, it met expectations (which weren't very high to begin with).

I'm also assuming that the full game will be slightly more interesting when higher level power-ups and loot start making a difference - although that's a bit of a gamble.

I wouldn't say it was bad but it certainly wasn't ... worth buying I feel when there are other games that are certainly better and are more enjoyable. ...

(Apologies for the cut - but I wanted to focus on this one sentiment.)

Sadly, I don't see 3DS littered with better games.  In fact I haven't seen anything on the system more appealing than Heroes of Ruin since Kid Icarus came out - so this mediocre game might earn my money by default just because there aren't any other retail games worth buying right now.

Then again, maybe I'll just save my cash and spend time working on my DS backlog instead.  I've got some old Atlus titles just begging to be played, and am finally ready to start Dragon Quest V.
NNID: ejamer

Offline NeoStar9X

• View Profile
« Reply #2236 on: July 06, 2012, 02:34:02 PM »
I can understand that but I don't want to buy a game just because there is nothing else coming out and it just happens to maybe scratch an itch I have. Many times I've had to stop myself from buying something in order to have a new game just to have one. Each time I stop because I ask myself if I really want that game or the like the idea of buying a new game.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #2237 on: July 06, 2012, 09:30:42 PM »
I just finished playing the demo and I have to say I liked it. It doesn't look great, but seems solid gameplay-wise. I can see myself spending a lot of time with it.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #2238 on: July 15, 2012, 12:01:14 AM »
Man, if you really want to get Streetpasses, got to one of the Zelda Symphony of the Goddess concerts.  Before tonight, I'd never seen another 3DS user in the Wild.  At least half the people at the concert tonight had 3DSs and were frantically Streetpassing.  I had 154 of the things before the night was out, and managed to get all the pieces I needed to finish 4 puzzles and get all the Streetpass-required pieces to the available puzzles.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2239 on: July 15, 2012, 08:55:05 PM »
Man, if you really want to get Streetpasses, got to one of the Zelda Symphony of the Goddess concerts.  Before tonight, I'd never seen another 3DS user in the Wild.  At least half the people at the concert tonight had 3DSs and were frantically Streetpassing.  I had 154 of the things before the night was out, and managed to get all the pieces I needed to finish 4 puzzles and get all the Streetpass-required pieces to the available puzzles.
Went to a couple of comic cons in my time, I have over 250.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #2240 on: July 16, 2012, 03:12:46 PM »
591 Street Passes for me! I could have easily reached the 1500 mark by now if I had known my 3DS was messed up. Went to 3 conventions before I questioned why I was only getting 2 Street Passes a day while everyone else was getting literally hundreds.

The most I've gotten on a regular day was possibly 3, just walking around the mall and running errands. When the 3DS was first released I really thought Street Pass was a lame addition. Now it's the single greatest aspect of the 3DS to me! I love when people see my Mario Kart times and flip out! I love getting really good weapons from Kid Icarus players who have an average clear rating of 9.0! Not to mention getting hats and puzzle pieces in Find Mii is more addictive then I ever could have imagined.

Does the PSV have such a system?
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #2241 on: July 16, 2012, 03:15:54 PM »
Sorta, it's called "Near" and it seems like even most PSV lovers think it's useless. For one, you have to actively use the feature (wheras StreetPass does it without you even needing the 3DS to be open).
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #2242 on: July 16, 2012, 03:26:21 PM »
Near is a pretty cool feature when it works, but that's kind of the problem: you can't predict when it will, and I doubt even Sony fully understands how it works.  Despite supposedly being GPS-based and despite my having registered my location online, apparently Near thinks I live on the other side of the country in California.  So every time I sync with Near, it thinks I've traveled 5,000 miles.   :Q

The nice thing about Near, though, is that because it works off your Friends List, you can trade things with your friends online without having to be physically near them.  Street Pass requires physical proximity, and apart from that recent Zelda concert I've never seen 3DSs actually in use out in the wild.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #2243 on: July 26, 2012, 09:41:33 AM »
Yesterday Nintendo released firmware 4.3.0-10U in North America and Europe. It's basically another anti-piracy update. They say it adds "further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience", but also warns "After the Nintendo 3DS system is updated, any existing or future unauthorized technical modification of the hardware or software of your Nintendo 3DS system, or the use of an unauthorized device in connection with your system, may render the system permanently unplayable".
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline tendoboy1984

• KyTim 2: The KyTimening
  • Score: -42
    • View Profile
« Reply #2244 on: July 26, 2012, 09:43:13 PM »
Yesterday Nintendo released firmware 4.3.0-10U in North America and Europe. It's basically another anti-piracy update. They say it adds "further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience", but also warns "After the Nintendo 3DS system is updated, any existing or future unauthorized technical modification of the hardware or software of your Nintendo 3DS system, or the use of an unauthorized device in connection with your system, may render the system permanently unplayable".

They give that same message during any minor firmware update.
Nintendo Network: tendoboy1984
PSN: PS_man1984
3DS: 2294-5830-5931

Offline Enner

• My sales numbers, let me show you them
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #2245 on: August 28, 2012, 06:46:59 AM »
A Nintendo Direct for Japan appears!

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/nintendo_direct/index.html

It's at 8PM on the 29th of August in Japan. That's about 4 PM PST on the 28th of August, I think? No Wii U news since that's for September. There is some Wii news but I doubt it will be anything substantial. Hopefully whatever 3DS announcements there will be will apply to the rest of the world.

EDIT: 4 AM PDT on the 29th of August. Apologies.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 06:34:27 PM by Enner »

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #2246 on: August 28, 2012, 11:03:33 AM »
Alright! I love when they only gives like 5 seconds notice, I waist less time worrying about it. Hope we hear some great things.
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline Mannypon

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2247 on: September 20, 2012, 02:53:39 PM »
New Fantasy Life trailer up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26_cCSTymSg&feature=youtu.be

I must have this game localized.  It looks like the offspring of Animal Crossing and a tradition action rpg.  If it doesn't, I'll have to start learning Japanese. 

Offline tendoboy1984

• KyTim 2: The KyTimening
  • Score: -42
    • View Profile
« Reply #2248 on: September 22, 2012, 06:18:08 PM »
So does anyone think Nintendo will ever make a handheld with an HD screen? Look how long it took them to catch up to the HDTV era... :D
Nintendo Network: tendoboy1984
PSN: PS_man1984
3DS: 2294-5830-5931

Offline MegaByte

• NWR Staff... Can't win trivia
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 31337
    • View Profile
    • Konfiskated Teknologies Network
« Reply #2249 on: September 22, 2012, 06:22:26 PM »
When it becomes cheap enough.