Author Topic: Nintendo 3DS Discussion  (Read 553700 times)

Offline TheFleece

• K.K. Slider Vinyl Collector
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
Re: Nintendo 3DS Discussion
« Reply #2150 on: November 18, 2011, 07:32:27 AM »
I went to the crazy Times Square event to get SMB3DL and I have no regrets for wading through that sea of madness. I've been wearing a huge cheese grin since I started playing it. At first I was sort of bothered that the boards weren't long enough but the fun factor won me over completely.

In other news, we are nearing the end of November- has there been any word of the 3DS firmware update due out soon?
Handhelds at Heart
---
It's like a finger pointing away to the moon....
You don't want no part of this ***!
Animal Crossing New Leaf Pics

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #2151 on: November 18, 2011, 08:49:41 AM »
I'm more concerned about my GBA Ambassador games. I've been hoping my regular complaints about the lack of those to the NoA Twitter account would speed up that process, but no luck so far.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #2152 on: November 18, 2011, 09:44:19 AM »
I'm expecting them close to Christmas.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2153 on: November 18, 2011, 10:17:49 AM »
I'm expecting them close to Christmas.
If I was Nintendo I be giving them to us in February.  Simply because December is Christmas buying season and after Christmas is when people have there gift money to buy new games so, I don't want them thinking that they have enough entertainment right now.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2154 on: November 18, 2011, 10:23:06 AM »
Except they already said they'll be out before the end of the year.

J.P. Corbran

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #2155 on: November 19, 2011, 01:23:45 AM »
It'd make more sense to put them out sooner than later and then offer them up for sale in the Jan/Feb time frame. People with new systems wanting something quick and easy to play will buy.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline TheFleece

• K.K. Slider Vinyl Collector
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #2156 on: November 22, 2011, 09:39:05 AM »
I read that a spot pass message about the Ambassador GBA games is showing up on people's systems, but I haven't gotten it yet. Also according to a UK commercial the firmware update will be released on the 30th. I'm not sure if that is just the UK or worldwide. I agree with Niickmitch, it would be great to have all of that next week so then by early next year Nintendo can release the NES titles for sale on the E shop. I've had people actually try to buy my ambassador titles off me.
Handhelds at Heart
---
It's like a finger pointing away to the moon....
You don't want no part of this ***!
Animal Crossing New Leaf Pics

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #2157 on: November 22, 2011, 09:41:34 AM »
Curious if they'll just come with the Firmware update.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline FZeroBoyo

• Score: 12
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART
« Reply #2158 on: November 22, 2011, 10:23:50 PM »
Super Mario 3D Land = 3DS Game of the Year.

Maybe until Mario Kart 7 releases, that is...               
This is where I would write something witty or funny if I had any ideas.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 71
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #2159 on: November 22, 2011, 10:25:08 PM »

Maybe until Mario 3D Kart releases, that is...               

I think even Mario Kart Lucky Number Seven is going to fall before the might of 3D Land.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #2160 on: November 23, 2011, 11:01:37 AM »

Maybe until Mario 3D Kart releases, that is...               

I think even Mario Kart Lucky Number Seven is going to fall before the might of 3D Land.
Methinks this is like The Flash vs Superman debate.  In "short" sprints The Flash is Faster but in long endurance races Superman will overcome and surpass The Flash.

In other words I don't think Super Mario 3D Land is going to have the Longterm legs of Mario Kart 7.  Once the 3DS full life is over we'll see MK7 on top sales wise with SM3DL coming in at a respectable place.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #2161 on: November 23, 2011, 02:28:52 PM »
I don't think The Flash gets as tired as you think he does. He spent a hefty amount of time out running that grim reaper thing that one time.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #2162 on: November 23, 2011, 02:35:58 PM »
I don't think The Flash gets as tired as you think he does. He spent a hefty amount of time out running that grim reaper thing that one time.
Its a supply side thing.  The Flash has a very high metabolism to go with his super speed.  Which means he needs to refuel much more often then Superman does.  Soon its down to logistics.  Though that is why "Short" got quoted a bit.  We are still talking long runs time wise here.

I'm not familiar with that particular storyline you mention.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #2163 on: November 23, 2011, 06:10:18 PM »
I might be confusing a story from Final Crisis about the Black Racer or something earlier with Black Flash, but I'm pretty sure one of those had Barry running for a particularly long time.

When you said "short" I interpreted it as time wise because the distance would be absurd. I see your point though, Flash would probably get hungry before Superman would.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
« Reply #2164 on: November 25, 2011, 12:24:28 AM »
The 3DS has a pathetic battery life. 15 minutes of SSFIV and  long enough to get through the first 3 works on ANKlE and the battery was red

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2165 on: November 25, 2011, 12:38:23 AM »
I don't have too much trouble with the battery, though I usually play with the 3D off. That makes a pretty huge difference.

J.P. Corbran

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2166 on: November 25, 2011, 05:10:43 AM »
I couldn't really type earlier since my phone is having screen issues (makes it hard to type and see what I'm typing).

But I had the 3D & the wireless turned off

I had SSFIV running (system closed in idle) while it was charging and I took the 3DS out to wait at Best Buy for Black Friday (complete waste of time... there was a family there ever since 8am on Monday morning). After about maybe 15-30 minutes of SSFIV, I switch it to SM3D land and spend maybe an hour, probably less, beating the 1st 3 worlds (I am on 4-1 now) before the red light starts flashing.

Is something wrong with my 3DS?
and no I do not know what my brightness settings were at.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #2167 on: November 25, 2011, 11:17:56 AM »
I couldn't really type earlier since my phone is having screen issues (makes it hard to type and see what I'm typing).

But I had the 3D & the wireless turned off

I had SSFIV running (system closed in idle) while it was charging and I took the 3DS out to wait at Best Buy for Black Friday (complete waste of time... there was a family there ever since 8am on Monday morning). After about maybe 15-30 minutes of SSFIV, I switch it to SM3D land and spend maybe an hour, probably less, beating the 1st 3 worlds (I am on 4-1 now) before the red light starts flashing.

Is something wrong with my 3DS?
and no I do not know what my brightness settings were at.
The Brightness setting make a huge difference I found.  I got a new unit from Nintendo because my first one was going loopy and I didn't check the setting.  I was like why are my Skylander sessions getting interrupted.  They had the thing cracked to full Brightness without the Power Saving on...  I fixed that and I have substantially more battery life.

I play with Half brightness and Power Saver on and I honestly don't notice much difference from having the thing cranked. Except the much longer batter life.

Offline Razorkid

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2168 on: November 25, 2011, 11:39:13 AM »
I agree, brightness settings and power save makes a HUGE difference for the 3DS. My Brightness level is at 4 with power saving on and I've done a 5 hour marathon of SM3DLand before I got the blinking red light.
"All the world is blind to my passing..."

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2169 on: November 25, 2011, 12:28:36 PM »
Turns out my brightness was on 5 and power saver was off.

They really should set it on 3 or 4 brightness with Power Save mode on as the default.
I was almost ready to trash the 3DS as a portable after my first time taking it out with an actual game to play on it.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #2170 on: November 25, 2011, 12:30:30 PM »
Turns out my brightness was on 5 and power saver was off.

They really should set it on 3 or 4 brightness with Power Save mode on as the default.
I was almost ready to trash the 3DS as a portable after my first time taking it out with an actual game to play on it.
Very true.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2171 on: November 27, 2011, 01:51:17 AM »
I've had Zelda since Wednesday but haven't started it yet because I want to finish Mario, but I haven't been playing that much either as I've been spending all my 3DS time with FIFA 12. That game is easily my favorite third party 3DS game so far, even better than Skylanders (that's not a joke; I happen to agree with Neal's review where he gave it a 9).

J.P. Corbran

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #2172 on: November 28, 2011, 08:35:38 PM »
Would any one care for DS games to be sold on the eShop?
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #2173 on: November 28, 2011, 09:20:53 PM »
Would any one care for DS games to be sold on the eShop?

I prefer physical games unless they the digital releases are sold at a much lower price.  (Even then, I prefer to wait for the physical games to go on sale most of the time.)

Edit: That said, Plants vs Zombies and Puzzle Quest are being sold on the eShop and are currently on my wishlist. Both are examples of casual games that would benefit from the convenience of not having to carry a cartridge, have extended replay value, and offer enough of a price difference from the respective retail releases. It's likely that I'll download at least one of those games at some point.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 09:24:33 PM by ejamer »
NNID: ejamer

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #2174 on: November 28, 2011, 09:23:04 PM »
I would love to see out of print or hard to find DS games on the eShop. 999 is a great game, but I know it's been hard to track down lately.