Author Topic: Nintendo 3DS Discussion  (Read 553728 times)

Offline noname2200

• Not a douche. Seriously.
  • Score: 21
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo 3DS Discussion
« Reply #2125 on: October 28, 2011, 12:31:28 PM »
baby steps....

pretty soon Nintendo will start taking them.
But atleast they are sitting up now.

;D

Anyhow, I gather this is good news for most people, but since I won't be buying Wii/3DS games through my PC/phone anytime soon it doesn't mean much for me. More interesting to me is that Nintendo can't handle this in-house. Or am I reading that wrong?

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2126 on: October 28, 2011, 01:42:20 PM »
baby steps....

;D

Anyhow, I gather this is good news for most people, but since I won't be buying Wii/3DS games through my PC/phone anytime soon it doesn't mean much for me. More interesting to me is that Nintendo can't handle this in-house. Or am I reading that wrong?
That's not really to to surprising.  Console Game programming and Web Programming are almost as far apart as you can get.  I mean you could write assembly...
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Ymeegod

• Score: -16
    • View Profile
« Reply #2127 on: October 28, 2011, 06:25:09 PM »
"Super Mario 3D Land got a score of 38/40"

Looks like the 3DS has it's first AAA exclusive title now.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #2128 on: October 28, 2011, 08:54:14 PM »
It's Famitsu, so you probably shouldn't base it just on that. Hell, that means it's two points worse than Nintendogs.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #2129 on: October 28, 2011, 10:24:45 PM »
I thought Famitsu wasn't known for giving out high scores, but I may be thinking of a different publication. Either way, I don't think their review scores are meant to be compared across genres, so they aren't saying that Nintendogs is a better game than everything that gets a lower score.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2130 on: October 28, 2011, 11:12:55 PM »
No site worth its salt would approve of its review scores being compared across genres; that was just a facetious remark. I'm just saying, Famitsu isn't always the most reliable source for reviews. I really hope they're right, because I'm really looking forward to the game, but I need more than Famitsu's word.

J.P. Corbran

Offline noname2200

• View Profile
« Reply #2131 on: October 29, 2011, 03:45:35 PM »
baby steps....

;D

That's not really to to surprising.  Console Game programming and Web Programming are almost as far apart as you can get.  I mean you could write assembly...

If you say so (I mean that literally. Programming ain't my thing!). By the same token though, I doubt that the other two console makers are this far behind. Granted, one of those is Microsoft...

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #2132 on: October 31, 2011, 11:56:28 AM »
baby steps....

;D

If you say so (I mean that literally. Programming ain't my thing!). By the same token though, I doubt that the other two console makers are this far behind. Granted, one of those is Microsoft...
Sony probably doesn't have much in house web talent.  MS on the other hand has a lot of in house talent for every facet of the Software industry.  (Though Hardware wise is another story.)
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline Ymeegod

• Score: -16
    • View Profile
« Reply #2133 on: October 31, 2011, 05:44:01 PM »
Edge has their review up and they gave it an 8 with them gripping about powerups saying one's overused and some has similar effects as others making them worthless.

Offline noname2200

• View Profile
« Reply #2134 on: November 03, 2011, 12:49:22 PM »
There's a thread up on NeoGAF stating that copies of SM3DLand includes at least part of the November OS update.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=450777

Features include:

"- "Join the playing software" button in the bottom screen
- Quick scrolling through friend list when long pressing Left or Right (analog or digital) <- Tried by myself
- Friends that online will move to the front of queue automatically <- not tried yet as no one online..."

No news yet on whether the messaging or video updates are included in the cart, or if those are coming separately.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2135 on: November 12, 2011, 05:19:48 AM »
I now own 20 3DS games, but just came to the realization that only four of them, by my judgment, could be considered original or exclusive. Pilotwings, Steel Diver, Ghost Recon and Skylanders (which I included because the 3DS game is entirely different from the console version). Everything else is either a port, a remake, a compilation, or just something that can be found in the same or incredibly similar form elsewhere. While a lot of those are great games (I'm currently in love with FIFA 12), I can definitely see why the system isn't a must buy for people, at least until Sunday.

J.P. Corbran

Offline alegoicoe

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2136 on: November 14, 2011, 03:11:34 PM »
i got SML3D this morning and so far the game is flawless, the gameplay is smooth and fun, the graphics are on par with galaxy games, and te way nintendo employs the 3d effect is the best yet in the system, I'm really happy with the game so far.
Nintendo Network ID: LivByDCreed
Switch Friend Code: SW-4906-9561-1308

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #2137 on: November 14, 2011, 11:17:30 PM »
I especially like how the game gives me so many lives and makes me feel like I'm good at videogames.

Offline Razorkid

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2138 on: November 15, 2011, 12:23:34 AM »
I absolutely love this game as well ;D
"All the world is blind to my passing..."

Offline FZeroBoyo

• Score: 12
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART
« Reply #2139 on: November 15, 2011, 12:38:33 AM »
Haven't gotten it yet, but I look forward to it.

Anyway, how about PETA targeting this game for sending the message that it's alright to wear fur?  :P:       
This is where I would write something witty or funny if I had any ideas.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #2140 on: November 15, 2011, 07:39:53 AM »
Only if it bursts out of a floating box and grants magical powers.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #2141 on: November 15, 2011, 09:27:17 AM »
Considering how very little translation that was needed in this game.  Whatever the team was that decided the Brown leaf was a Tanooki Suit instead of a Raccoon should at the very least not get there raise this year but more appropriate would be demotion.  Now that I've made it to the end of the first part of the game it makes no sense.

Offline noname2200

• View Profile
« Reply #2142 on: November 15, 2011, 12:32:47 PM »
I especially like how the game gives me so many lives and makes me feel like I'm good at videogames.

I actually feel the opposite. :( Still, the game isn't supposed to start until the end of World 8, so I'll reserve judgment.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #2143 on: November 15, 2011, 01:00:16 PM »
I just started world 4 and I have 65 lives. I've only replayed maybe 2 or 3 stages to get the last star coin. So far, I haven't really had much trouble.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
« Reply #2144 on: November 15, 2011, 01:10:50 PM »
I've heard that the game is really easy, but whats this about the game not really starting till after World 8?

what happens after World 8?

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #2145 on: November 15, 2011, 01:59:38 PM »
I've heard that the game is really easy, but whats this about the game not really starting till after World 8?

what happens after World 8?
It starts to get harder.
Saving the Princess is the Tutorial game.  After that you unlike the Special Levels and those don't have the P-Wing or White Raccoon suit.  Also there harder and you have to use more tricks to get Star Coins.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2146 on: November 15, 2011, 07:26:40 PM »
So it's like the 3D Mario games where the first 60 stars needed to beat the final boss are really easy but the rest of them can get tough? Except I can't just play them all to get a mix like I do in those games and I have to beat all the easy ones before I get to the good ones?

J.P. Corbran

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #2147 on: November 15, 2011, 07:44:12 PM »
So it's like the 3D Mario games where the first 60 stars needed to beat the final boss are really easy but the rest of them can get tough? Except I can't just play them all to get a mix like I do in those games and I have to beat all the easy ones before I get to the good ones?
Yes but as long as you have enough Star Coins the hard levels you can skip through.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2148 on: November 15, 2011, 08:12:33 PM »
The hard levels are the ones I want to play.

J.P. Corbran

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2149 on: November 18, 2011, 12:55:30 AM »
I don't think it's an exaggeration or hyperbole in any way to say that Super Mario 3D Land is the greatest game that has ever been made.

J.P. Corbran