Author Topic: Nintendo 3DS Discussion  (Read 553698 times)

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo 3DS Discussion
« Reply #2050 on: September 05, 2011, 08:48:33 PM »
[...]and that the others were infact numbered 1 through 4.

Super Metroid III and Metroid Fusion IV?
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #2051 on: September 05, 2011, 08:54:24 PM »
Let the press start screen sit and the intro demo/video (not sure what to call it) play. That's where Metroid III and Metroid IV show up in each game.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #2052 on: September 05, 2011, 08:57:49 PM »
So you're right!

Well, they say "Metroid 3" and "Metroid 4", but close enough. :D
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #2053 on: September 05, 2011, 09:09:35 PM »
Nintendo should allow Capcom to develope another Zelda handheld title for the 3DS and then let Wayforward remake Metroid 2 in the same manner as Zero Mission and then make a brand new Metroid 3DS title that uses steroscopic 3D for gameplay. This would free up developemnt time for Nintendo to make new IPs for the 3DS and perfect series such as Mario, Smash Brothers and Pikmen.

Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #2054 on: September 05, 2011, 09:28:42 PM »
Don't waste WayForward remake! I want them to remind Nintendo how to make a real Metroid game. I'll take this game on 3DS or Wii U. Whatever. Just give it to me.

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #2055 on: September 05, 2011, 10:26:46 PM »
Don't waste WayForward remake! I want them to remind Nintendo how to make a real Metroid game. I'll take this game on 3DS or Wii U. Whatever. Just give it to me.

Wayforward has proven themselves to be a competent 2D developer and Metroid does well when it is developed by a western developer and everyone seems to want a new 2D Metroid title, so why is this not happening? Also, if Nintendo wants another Metroid Prime title for the Wii U then Gearbox Entertainment would be a nice fit since they are a western developer that specializes in FPS games.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #2056 on: September 07, 2011, 12:31:49 AM »
A Metroid 2 remake would be nice. Something that would add color and make it not feel so cramped. But new games are always better than remakes.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #2057 on: September 07, 2011, 09:02:10 AM »
A Metroid 2 remake would be nice. Something that would add color and make it not feel so cramped. But new games are always better than remakes.

If there is a Metroid 2 remake, it would probably need to be changed enough that it would feel like a new game anyway. At least, that's the way I felt about Metroid Zero Mission.

I played the original Metroid 2 a few months ago, and it simply doesn't hold up well anymore (despite being pretty amazing on GameBoy when first released). Wasn't there a fan project remaking Metroid 2 a while back? Right, here it is:
http://metroid2remake.blogspot.com/
If the level design was updated to be less linear and the basic gameplay was updated similar to what is shown in that fan project, I'd definitely buy.
NNID: ejamer

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #2058 on: September 07, 2011, 03:34:06 PM »
What I had in mind was to allow Wayforward to remake Metroid 2 in a similar manner that they make their download titles as a gesture of good faith towards Metroid fans. Then, if the remake does well then they should make a completely new Metroid side scroller for the 3DS that incorporates graphical and gameplay elements from Fusion, Super Metroid and the good things of Other M.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #2059 on: September 07, 2011, 05:18:55 PM »
Now that the 3DS is getting dual analog, it should now be possible for the Metroid Prime games to be directly ported to the 3DS because now with dual analog the 3DS has pretty much the same controls as a GC controller so anything that the GC could do the 3DS should also be able to do.

The floodgates are now open not just for Metroid, but for all games. Perhaps Pikmin and Super Mario Sunshine and Zelda Windwaker will appear as well. Now that the dual analog is there, why not?
is your sanity...

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
« Reply #2060 on: September 07, 2011, 05:21:17 PM »
WindWaker 3D would be really nice.

Offline UltimatePartyBear

• Voice of Reason
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #2061 on: September 07, 2011, 05:46:21 PM »
Now that the 3DS is getting dual analog, it should now be possible for the Metroid Prime games to be directly ported to the 3DS because now with dual analog the 3DS has pretty much the same controls as a GC controller so anything that the GC could do the 3DS should also be able to do.

The floodgates are now open not just for Metroid, but for all games. Perhaps Pikmin and Super Mario Sunshine and Zelda Windwaker will appear as well. Now that the dual analog is there, why not?

In what way would any of those games require a second analog stick?  In Metroid Prime it was a glorified hat switch.  Unnecessary when you have a touch screen.  Wind Waker and Super Mario Sunshine just used it for camera control.  Other Zelda games have proved that Z-targeting is all that's truly required for camera control, and besides, we have a touch screen for such secondary functions.  Pikmin used it to shove the whole herd around, which saved time in assigning mass numbers to a task, but wasn't ever truly necessary.

The truth is that even though Nintendo had a second analog stick on the GameCube controller, they never viewed it as a primary input.  That's the main reason the c-stick was so terrible.  Even Luigi's Mansion, a launch title that used the second analog stick in a remarkably non-Nintendoesque fashion (and thus the exception that proves the rule) included the option not to use it.

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #2062 on: September 10, 2011, 12:10:02 PM »
Hey guys I qualify but where exactly do I download my free games?
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline Drizzt

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2063 on: September 10, 2011, 12:40:40 PM »
Go onto the eshop click on setting/other, then hit your downloads and redownload the games, you have to repeat this process for every game so it's tedious.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
« Reply #2064 on: September 10, 2011, 12:43:21 PM »
1. Go to your eShop
2. Go all the way left till you get to Settings/Other (last option to the left).
3. Inside of Settings/Other, scroll down to and select "Your Downloads"
4. Choose the Ambassador game you wish to download.
(unfortunately you can only do one at a time and then it kicks you to the main menu)
5. Rinse, Wash, Repeat till you've downloaded them all.

edit: I see that I was beaten
It's ok, my post is numbered
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 12:45:08 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #2065 on: September 10, 2011, 08:43:59 PM »
With the 3DS revision Nintendo needs to make the upper screen wider and the bottom screen a capacitive touchscreen similar to the iPhone and have it compatible with DS games and a capacitive stylus. Also, the upper screen needs to have the video quality of the iPhone and the speakers need to be enhanced for better sound quality. Of course the price would rise, but you can not put a price on qulaity.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 08:53:15 PM by Kytim89 »

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #2066 on: September 10, 2011, 10:44:16 PM »
Oh yeah, like that'll happen.

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #2067 on: September 10, 2011, 10:57:38 PM »
How would the 3DS Lite benefit from a capacitive touchscreen? Honestly, the current touchscreen is too archaic to coninue in the gaming world, so Nintendo must find a way to better their technology. Also, I find that the kind of games thst the 3DS plays become too uncomfortable over time due to the small screen. Bigger screens also have the added advantage of making DS games look better, and that is always a good thing.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #2068 on: September 10, 2011, 11:08:33 PM »
With the 3DS revision Nintendo needs to make the upper screen wider and the bottom screen a capacitive touchscreen similar to the iPhone and have it compatible with DS games and a capacitive stylus. Also, the upper screen needs to have the video quality of the iPhone and the speakers need to be enhanced for better sound quality. Of course the price would rise, but you can not put a price on qulaity.

Yeah you can, and the former $250 price proves that if you price something too high no one will buy it. Nintendo has always been number one in handhelds not by being the most powerful or high tech, but by keeping things simple and affordable. With the 3DS' launch they strayed from how they usually do things and they were punished for it. I don't think Nintendo will want to repeat that mistake anytime soon.

That said, it is reasonable for them to make some modest improvements in regards to screen size and battery life and so on, but they aren't going to go hog wild the way you propose they should.
is your sanity...

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #2069 on: September 11, 2011, 12:33:36 AM »
@ Chozo

Right now the 3DS is selling for $169.99, right? Okay, I would be willing to pay an extra $30 if it meant that the 3DS Lite would have improved screens/interfaces, better speaks and improved RAM and storage.

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2070 on: September 11, 2011, 04:22:31 AM »
Those upgrades you mentioned is pretty much an upgrade to every major component in the system.  You would need to upgrade the screens, the speakers, and the internals to drive it all.  That isn't a redesign, that is a new system.

Not happening I'm afraid. 

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #2071 on: September 11, 2011, 05:18:47 AM »
I don't understand the instance for a capacitive touchscreen, I find them inaccurate compared to the current touchscreen and require you to use skin on screen fudging up the screen with prints. Currently you can cleanly use the screen with a finger nail leaving no marks.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #2072 on: September 11, 2011, 04:44:51 PM »
Thanks guys for the download info. I just may beat Zelda II now.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 05:25:04 PM by Caterkiller »
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline zachs1997

• Mr. Yuk Is Mean! Mr. Yuk is Green!
  • Score: -47
    • View Profile
    • zachworlds
« Reply #2073 on: September 11, 2011, 05:02:49 PM »
With the add on will I be able to use my cradle
If I had a dollar for ever time I have heard that. Because a dollar is worth more than a nickle.
Zachworlds.enjin.com

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #2074 on: September 11, 2011, 05:49:37 PM »
No.