Author Topic: Nintendo 3DS Discussion  (Read 553789 times)

Offline AV

• Score: -4
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo 3DS Discussion
« Reply #1000 on: August 20, 2010, 05:23:57 PM »
1,000th Reply message to this topic . WOOT!!

I don't really care about Street fighter, but I'm wondering how 3D and online play will work together
« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 05:25:53 PM by Mr. Adolph Vega »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: August 20, 2010, 08:27:31 PM »
Headstrong Games developing for 3DS?

Summary in English:

At gamescom we just had the opportunity to talk to Steve Pritchard, Development Director of Headstrong Games. In this conversation he mentioned that the company is still working together closely with Nintendo. Later on, he also confirmed that they've already started development on three games for Nintendo 3DS. Although he didn't confirm it directly, but taking both statements together makes it very likely that Headstrong Games is working on at least one game for 3DS for Nintendo. Maybe a new Battalion Wars in 3D?

Here the audio file:
right click to download
« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 08:30:14 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #1002 on: August 20, 2010, 11:21:58 PM »
I would be all over a new Battalion Wars for the 3DS.  That would actually be pretty cool.

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: August 21, 2010, 05:15:34 AM »
I think Battalion Wars is dead.
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #1004 on: August 21, 2010, 11:55:37 AM »
3D will bring it back to life.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline balzzzy

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1005 on: August 21, 2010, 12:22:17 PM »
Well I hope it's not another take on house of the dead. There recent "The house of the dead overkill" was ok but nothing to shout home about as far as shooters go.
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."
- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo Inc. 1989

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: August 21, 2010, 06:10:25 PM »
I know that Rare games will never come to the virtual console, but I would not mind seeing 3D enhanced remakes of Conker and Perfect Dark for the 3DS. Viva Pinata came over to the DS, so these two games would be pretty nice on the go.
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: August 21, 2010, 06:20:57 PM »
Will you please give it the **** up.

Rare games are not coming. stop bringing it up in every damn thread.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #1008 on: August 21, 2010, 06:28:51 PM »
Will you please give it the **** up.

Rare games are not coming. stop bringing it up in every damn thread.

Not on VC, but 3DS entries ARE possible (remember Banjo-Kazooie: Gruntie's Revenge and Viva Piñata: Pocket Paradise).
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: August 21, 2010, 06:32:05 PM »
anything is possible but it's not likely to happen so there is no reason to **** up every thread with request for Rare games to come to current and future Nintendo systems.

Either go buy the original systems that they were released on or go find another way to play it, but quit bringing it up in ever damn thread. It got old a long ass time ago.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: August 21, 2010, 07:10:31 PM »
While I don't want to encourage the Rare name drops, 3DS Rare titles are entirely possible and most likely probable since Microsoft likes making money and 3DS will undoubtedly be successful.

Anyway, I read that the 3DS D-Pad at E3 wasn't final. I don't recall any hands-on impressions complaining about it. It certainly looks comfortable to use though I expect most games to use the slider over the D-Pad (touchscreen/motion controls notwithstanding).

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: August 21, 2010, 08:22:13 PM »
While I don't want to encourage the Rare name drops, 3DS Rare titles are entirely possible and most likely probable since Microsoft likes making money and 3DS will undoubtedly be successful.

Anyway, I read that the 3DS D-Pad at E3 wasn't final. I don't recall any hands-on impressions complaining about it. It certainly looks comfortable to use though I expect most games to use the slider over the D-Pad (touchscreen/motion controls notwithstanding).

This is why I brought the subject up and those two games are ones that I would really like to have on the go. I couldn't care less any other way.
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: August 22, 2010, 09:27:33 AM »
The point is that you brought up the subject 349684729835364921 times before. We got it. We know.

Offline Mannypon

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: August 25, 2010, 04:29:39 AM »
Sup people, just popping in to pass on this info I ran into the other day.  Rumor has it that the 3ds might be using a Marvell cpu.  Now I've never heard of this company before and don't know much about specs to know what exactly all this means but hopefully someone on here can shed some more light on the subject. 

Here's the link to the rumor
http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=134030

Also, the second post in the comments section of the above link,  adds some more flame to the fire but providing a link to the specs of the rumored cpu line, no source is given though.  Here's that link
http://www.marvell.com/products/processors/embedded/kirkwood/88F6192-003_ver1.pdf

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: August 27, 2010, 02:34:30 PM »
Have you read any bit of this thread Manny?

Offline Mannypon

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: August 27, 2010, 05:47:33 PM »
I pop in every now and then but my work schedule (2 jobs) permits me from checking the threads on a daily basis as I used to.  Why, has my post already meen mentioned?  lol.  After I posted, I did some more research into Marvell and the 3DS connection and it seems like a rumor was started between the 2 back in January of this year but from my time on this site I've never seen a mention of it.  I threw that post up though cuase it was current as of Aug 24, I believe.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2010, 05:51:05 PM by Manny »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: August 28, 2010, 01:13:27 PM »
Nintendo to start working on 3DS-2 asap?

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=CNG.74f06613ea91a1f1041b96c96477427f.6d1&show_article=1
Japan develops 'touchable' 3D TV technology

A Japanese research team said Thursday it had developed the world's first 3D television system that allows users to touch, pinch or poke images floating in front of them.
"It is the first time that you can feel images in the air," said Norio Nakamura, senior scientist with the research team at the National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology.

"You can have the sense of touch like poking a rubber ball or stretching a sticky rice cake" when manipulating images, he told AFP by telephone.

The technology changes the shape of three-dimensional images in response to "touches", aided by cameras that monitor how the fingers move, Nakamura said.

It is not known when the technology will be put to practical use but its creators see it being used to simulate surgical operations and in video game software allowing players to experience the sensation of holding weapons or sports equipment.

It could even use scanned images to supplement existing realities, said Nakamura.

"This technology could create a virtual museum where visitors, including vision-impaired people, can put their hands on valuable sculptures that are usually untouchable," Nakamura said.

Imagine the possibilities that the near future holds.

p.s. This news story has nothing yo do with Nintendo or the 3DS

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #1017 on: September 02, 2010, 09:17:46 PM »
This makes no sense, unless you are wearing some sort of glove or sensors to make you feel the images...in which case it will be very expensive and it will be awhile before the technology can be used effectively in games.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: September 03, 2010, 05:20:59 AM »
Not necessarily. There are types of screens that can cause areas to harden and soften when stimulated certain ways so they feel different. I remember reading about it in an article about attempts to create a digital braille display screen.

Can't find anything about those screens, but there were a bunch of articles about other tactile digital screens that create different textured feelings.
http://spectrum.ieee.org/computing/hardware/touch-screens-with-feeling
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 05:30:57 AM by Stratos »
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #1019 on: September 03, 2010, 01:01:29 PM »
Stratos, I can understand that....that would be dealing with actually touching the screen.  But they talked about touching the 3D object, which makes me think of the floating imagine you think you see...and I can't see how that would work at all.  If I have to touch the screen to get the results it is not nearly as engaging or interesting to me. 

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1020 on: September 05, 2010, 05:45:57 AM »
Rereading the article I realize that you are not feeling anything. You are able to manipulate the object because it senses where your fingers are but you aren't actually receiving any feedback. Look at this sentence:
The technology changes the shape of three-dimensional images in response to "touches", aided by cameras that monitor how the fingers move, Nakamura said.

It's just Natal tech.
My Game Collection

Offline MegaByte

• NWR Staff... Can't win trivia
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 31337
    • View Profile
    • Konfiskated Teknologies Network
« Reply #1021 on: September 05, 2010, 06:58:06 PM »
If you can't feel anything, how does that help vision-impaired people?
Aaron Kaluszka
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: September 08, 2010, 01:36:23 AM »
I was assuming that was hype talk but I could be wrong.
My Game Collection

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #1023 on: September 08, 2010, 09:27:42 AM »
Not worth it's own thread, but Tecmo Koei has announced that the official name of the Dead or Alive game on 3DS will be Dead or Alive: Dimensions.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: September 12, 2010, 01:35:34 PM »
Looks like Japan could be getting the 3DS on Nov. 20th accordign to a tweet from a designer at Keyfactory
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=23283629&postcount=1
“On November 20th, the 11 goods I designed for use with the 3DS will go on sale simultaneously. Those of you buying the 3DS, please buy them while you’re at it! This will be officially announced on the homepage eventually, lol. Best regards.â€

coincidentally, the 20 of Nov. is also the date MS set to release Kinect in Japan.
Should this turns out to be true, if you thought Kinect was gonna be DOA in Japan before....

15 more days until the announcement (9/28) so not to much longer now.
I still got my fingers crossed for WW release this year.