Author Topic: Nintendo 3DS Discussion  (Read 551911 times)

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo 3DS Discussion
« Reply #975 on: August 09, 2010, 05:23:04 PM »
Some Bioware reps have recently declared a big interest in the Nintendo 3DS:

"The 3DS has only been in the hands of third-parties
for only a few months, yet it has already garnered tremendous support.
However, a number of developers saw it for the first time at E3,
including BioWare co-founder Greg Zeschuk. In a recent interview,
Zeschuck said that he was “blown away” by Nintendo’s new portable, and
even pondered the possibility of making a title for the handheld."

“We could [make a 3DS title] because we’ve done a DS game before. So
imagining it, it’s pretty similar. It will depend. The thing I’m curious
about on 3DS is, what else does it bring to the table? Is it going to
be wireless? What kind of backend connectivity are they going to do?
That is what excites me. I loved it. I saw it at E3 and I was blown
away. I’m not sure if it’ll bring that much more to the table. But
that’s going to be enough to reinvigorate the DS market. For us to want
to jump in, you largely have to have a lot more online stuff going on
there. You’re clearly limited in how flexible you can be on the backend.
We always joked about a DS MMO at some point…It would be brilliant. But
the problem is it’s not patchable. That’s the thing I’ve learned
working on MMO stuff. You have to be able to update. But it would be a
pretty cool concept…And that [more online integration] opens up those
kinds of windows. And suddenly, even just imagine that

Mass Effect 3DS? Sonic Chronicles 2? Dragon Age 3DS?
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: August 10, 2010, 05:08:54 PM »
Just buy an Xbox 360 already.... Sonic Chronicle 2 notwithstanding, you keep bringing up games on other platforms that you want on Nintendo hardware. Why don't you just get those other platforms then and you can play those games to your heart's content? Let me simplify this for you:

FUN > Brand loyalty

You can get a 360 for under $200 now and you don't have to worry about the RROD problem anymore. It's a good console and you've already named several games you want and many of them are under $30 now.

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #977 on: August 10, 2010, 05:22:13 PM »
I just meant that it would be nice to have those titiles on the go because it does not look like a portable Xbox is coming anytime soon.

Offline tujiaxing

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: August 12, 2010, 04:11:05 PM »
I'm going to buy one also!

Offline balzzzy

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: August 13, 2010, 02:58:40 PM »
Found a great detailed article explaining how the 3DS works for those who are interested: http://www.kombo.com/features/How_the_3DS_Works/
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."
- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo Inc. 1989

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #980 on: August 15, 2010, 12:30:54 PM »
If the 3DS does have a hand held virtual console, I would not mind seeing GBA games in 3D.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #981 on: August 15, 2010, 12:56:31 PM »
If they do a handheld Virtual Console, I think the chances of them adding 3D are slim. They would likely do the same thing they did with the Wii's VC and have the games kept the same (except for rare occasions like removing the Kawasaki ads in Wave Race 64 or letting you sent pictures from Pokemon Snap to your Wii Message Board). So I think a handheld version would be the same, the games would basically have to be kept the same as they originally were.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #982 on: August 15, 2010, 02:34:10 PM »
If they do a handheld Virtual Console, I think the chances of them adding 3D are slim. They would likely do the same thing they did with the Wii's VC and have the games kept the same (except for rare occasions like removing the Kawasaki ads in Wave Race 64 or letting you sent pictures from Pokemon Snap to your Wii Message Board). So I think a handheld version would be the same, the games would basically have to be kept the same as they originally were.

The GBA had the ability to use 3D already built into it, right? I mean if it did all they would have to do is implement it and release it on the 3DS virtual console.

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: August 15, 2010, 02:37:02 PM »
Correct. The GBA had built in 3D effects, but they couldn't be implemented in any games due to lack of 3D screens at the time.
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: August 15, 2010, 02:38:20 PM »
I thought it was just the Gamecube(& therefore the Wii) that had 3D capabilities built in.

Offline King of Twitch

• View Profile
« Reply #985 on: August 15, 2010, 02:40:47 PM »
Every system since the NES has had it.
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #986 on: August 15, 2010, 03:03:31 PM »
Wii 2 Virtual Console Plus with 3D enabled NES, SNES, N64 and Gamecube games. SEGA? SNK? NEC?

3DS virtual handheld service with Gameboy, color, advance in 3D.

Nintendo is good at getting people to buy games twic and having these titles in high definition 3D is just the excuse they need to avoid allowing you to transfer you older downloads to the next system(s).

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #987 on: August 15, 2010, 03:06:15 PM »
Correct. The GBA had built in 3D effects, but they couldn't be implemented in any games due to lack of 3D screens at the time.

We have one now with the 3DS.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #988 on: August 15, 2010, 09:20:57 PM »
What does it matter if the GBA had 3D possible or not? The games themselves did NOT have 3D, so Nintendo or the other publishers would have to go in and re-program the whole game to add 3D. Bot only do I not see Nintendo allowing them to alter games that much, it would also cost too much if they want to keep the prices low.

Also, there will be no high-def games on 3DS because the 3DS can't display HD images (the top screen can only output 240, minimum to be considered HD is 720).
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: August 15, 2010, 11:58:55 PM »
And trust me, you don't need 720p on a 3ds screen.
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #990 on: August 16, 2010, 12:05:17 AM »
It'd be nice to have more than 240, though. I'm not asking for what I've got on my iPhone 4; I don't need to not be able to see pixels, but it should have been more of an improvement over the original DS than it is.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #991 on: August 16, 2010, 12:37:28 AM »
I was hoping that the 3DS would be the firsrt HD handheld console. Well, there is always the PSP 2 that can take on that title.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: August 16, 2010, 01:34:55 AM »
I don't think they make HD screens at that size. It'd be pretty pointless, since, like I mentioned a few posts ago, I can't see individual pixels on my iPhone 4's screen, which isn't technically HD, and once you get to that point higher resolution doesn't matter anymore.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline DAaaMan64

• View Profile
« Reply #993 on: August 16, 2010, 01:47:56 AM »
I don't think they make HD screens at that size. It'd be pretty pointless, since, like I mentioned a few posts ago, I can't see individual pixels on my iPhone 4's screen, which isn't technically HD, and once you get to that point higher resolution doesn't matter anymore.

It'd be sweet if the 3ds had a projector, then 720p would be cool.

Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline SixthAngel

• Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: August 16, 2010, 01:13:15 PM »
For the love of god stop using HD when not talking about tvs.  Give some real resolution numbers, they are so much easier to understand when not talking about movies/tv screens.  Remember the screen size is soo much smaller the only two numbers used in hd speak make almost no sense here.  Also stop with the "technically hd."  HD is a marketing term for tvs so it doesn't matter if it is or not on a tiny screen

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #995 on: August 16, 2010, 02:24:31 PM »
HD is not just for TV screens. And I did give some real resolution numbers. The top screen displays in 800x240 (really 400x240, it's just doubled to produce the 3D effect). The second number is what is used to describe the resolution, which is basically for anything with a screen. I didn't say it was needed to have a screen that small be HD, I was just saying that the 3DS can't display HD resolution.

Offline DAaaMan64

• View Profile
« Reply #996 on: August 17, 2010, 02:38:58 AM »
1280x720 is 720p
1920x1080 is 1080p

1080i is just simulated in 720p and is worse. The monitor your using is probably 1280x1024.

Frozen Shoe Games

Offline MegaByte

• NWR Staff... Can't win trivia
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 31337
    • View Profile
    • Konfiskated Teknologies Network
« Reply #997 on: August 19, 2010, 01:28:01 AM »
I would not be surprised if the 3DS has internal holographic memory mainly for the download of 3DS games and content.
I know this is a late reply, but I was just checking to see what was going on with InPhase, the holography company that Nintendo partnered with.  They failed to deliver their first product, which was set to ship in 2008, and their offices and assets were confiscated by the Colorado Dept. of Revenue in February 2010 for failure to pay taxes.  So, yeah, holographic storage is even more unlikely in the near future.
Aaron Kaluszka
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

Offline King of Twitch

• View Profile
« Reply #998 on: August 19, 2010, 01:35:11 AM »
Maybe they were just holographic offices and assets confiscated to throw competitors off the trail. Megaton

Could these
holographic offices and assets be refurbished for the Virtual Console?
« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 01:48:40 AM by Bit.Trip.Rowsdower »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: August 20, 2010, 03:43:11 PM »
Street Fighter 3DS Will Be a “Perfect Port” of The Console Game
Street Fighter producer Yoshinori Ono says that when the spectacularly popular Street Fighter IV comes to Nintendo's 3DS portable it will be a "perfect port" of the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of the game.

While nothing will be removed from the console versions of the game when it moves over to the portable, it will have some differences, specifically in how the game will use stereoscopic 3D and the different ways gamers will be able to control the game.

"We are currently working hard on researching the possibility of having two control options," Ono said. "One would be targeting people my age, entering 40, who played on the Super Nintendo Entertainment System. It will allow them to play it as they used to on the Super NES."

But Ono also wants younger fans of the game, those who perhaps never played it on the older Nintendo system, to be able to comfortably play the game as well.

"We are going to support them by providing an interface on the touchpad so they can play not knowing how the game used to be played.

"By providing two different options we hope to reach a broader audience."

more at the link