Author Topic: Nintendo 3DS Discussion  (Read 551961 times)

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo 3DS Discussion
« Reply #625 on: June 15, 2010, 08:40:13 PM »
@ Spyke: There's going to be another Giant Dinosaurs game? Eh. I get my dinosaur kicks from actual source material and technical papers. That means I'm looking forward to the bewbies. Big, jiggly 3D knockers. Can't freaking wait.

@ Kytim: While I hope you're right, the screens definately seem to indicate that the game is a port or remake of Snake Eater.

Why Snake Eater? I mean that game kicked serious ass, but I would not mind a remake of Metal Gear featuring a young Solid Snake.
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 71
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #626 on: June 15, 2010, 08:43:59 PM »
What is the significance of the 2GB 3DS carts compared to memory of DS carts? Could the storage of 3DS carts expand? Do you think they would bring the price up because of the quality of the games?

2GB is 4x larger than the largest currently announced DS game (512 MB for the Ghibli/Level 5 RPG).
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #627 on: June 15, 2010, 08:59:28 PM »
TheFleece, the largest DS game card is about 400 MB, so bumping that up to 2GB would allow for a lot more data. As Adrock said, it's also larger than both the GameCube Optical Disc (1.4 GB) and the UMD (1.8 GB). The DS has expanded multiple times in size (the only restriction being that the larger cards cost more money to make), so the 3DS could potentially as well.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline TheFleece

• K.K. Slider Vinyl Collector
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #628 on: June 15, 2010, 09:04:38 PM »
TheFleece, the largest DS game card is about 400 MB, so bumping that up to 2GB would allow for a lot more data. As Adrock said, it's also larger than both the GameCube Optical Disc (1.4 GB) and the UMD (1.8 GB). The DS has expanded multiple times in size (the only restriction being that the larger cards cost more money to make), so the 3DS could potentially as well.

Frikkin amazing! All this talk has got me wishing for the release details. There are some new developer videos up on the E3 site. Kojima, Inafune and others. e3.nintendo.com/ I WANT ONE!
Handhelds at Heart
---
It's like a finger pointing away to the moon....
You don't want no part of this ***!
Animal Crossing New Leaf Pics

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #629 on: June 15, 2010, 09:32:56 PM »
I wonder if Suda 51 is interested in making a No More Heroes game for the 3DS?

Offline Peachylala

• Bunk Pass Itch
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #630 on: June 15, 2010, 09:47:55 PM »
@ Spyke: There's going to be another Giant Dinosaurs game? Eh. I get my dinosaur kicks from actual source material and technical papers. That means I'm looking forward to the bewbies. Big, jiggly 3D knockers. Can't freaking wait.

@ Kytim: While I hope you're right, the screens definately seem to indicate that the game is a port or remake of Snake Eater.

Why Snake Eater? I mean that game kicked serious ass, but I would not mind a remake of Metal Gear featuring a young Solid Snake.
MGS3 remake is absolutely pointless, unless this is his way for giving Nintendo something in return since they allowed Snake in Brawl.

I would've preferred a remake of the first Botkai game using the weather engine from Lunar Knights.
Peachy got himself a 360 Slim. ...Yahoo?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: June 15, 2010, 10:19:20 PM »
What are the 2 ports on the back of the 3DS on either side of the game card slot, specifically the port next to the Stylus hole.
http://cache-01.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/4/2010/06/e3-8.jpg

Can anyone tell what that is? I', sure the one on the left side (near the R button) is a charging port, but what is the other one?

Offline TheFleece

• K.K. Slider Vinyl Collector
    • View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #632 on: June 15, 2010, 10:21:35 PM »
What are the 2 ports on the back of the 3DS on either side of the game card slot, specifically the port next to the Stylus hole.
http://cache-01.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/4/2010/06/e3-8.jpg

Can anyone tell what that is? I', sure the one on the left side (near the R button) is a charging port, but what is the other one?

That would be the Stylus holder and a LAN port.
Handhelds at Heart
---
It's like a finger pointing away to the moon....
You don't want no part of this ***!
Animal Crossing New Leaf Pics

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #633 on: June 15, 2010, 10:37:01 PM »
I really really hope they put two identical sized screen in the final unit.

But assuming this cost $189.99, would any of you be willing to buy a 3DS XL $219.99
that had 2x4.5" screens? (basically 2 EVO 4G sized screens)

I would easily put down more for an XL version.

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #634 on: June 15, 2010, 11:16:40 PM »
I would just with what is already available, but I hope they switch the position of the analog nub and the d-pad because I like the d-pad to be flush with the other four buttons.

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: June 15, 2010, 11:20:28 PM »
I hope they switch the position of the analog nub and the d-pad because I like the d-pad to be flush with the other four buttons.

Why would the d-pad be flush? Did one of the other buttons write it a romantic poem?
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline MysticGohan

• I have a large position in nVidia.
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: June 15, 2010, 11:21:12 PM »
Possibly BnM, I still would like a launch date and official pricing, depending when it comes out, I may chose this rather PS3 heh. MGS Snake eater has me excited let alone Star fox 64, OO,T Kid Icarus, etc.

However I wonder how powerful 3DS really is? Devs claimed it was on par with 360/PS3 hmmm... it does look better than GameCube.

Man, I love how developers are behind it, and 3D movies too? awesome! I wonder if it'll have the internet browser? hmm...
Everytime you open your mouth you prove you're an idiot. ~Vegeta

Never argue with an idiot he'll bring you to his level and beat you with experience.

"I'm doing this because I'm PISSED! Why the hell didn't you ask for my help!?!?" `Roy Mustang  FMA

I could go into a Wendy's res

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #637 on: June 15, 2010, 11:24:14 PM »
I didn't find anything on 3D movies and The Nintendo Conference Video wasn't available in the 3 places I went looking for it.

Anyone got a direct quote or a youtube clip or something?

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #638 on: June 15, 2010, 11:24:51 PM »
I hope they switch the position of the analog nub and the d-pad because I like the d-pad to be flush with the other four buttons.

Why would the d-pad be flush? Did one of the other buttons write it a romantic poem?

Your are thinking of the word "blush." I am refering to the d-pad being adjacent to the other four buttons.

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #639 on: June 15, 2010, 11:27:38 PM »
I didn't find anything on 3D movies and The Nintendo Conference Video wasn't available in the 3 places I went looking for it.

http://kotaku.com/5563466/the-nintendo-3ds-the-definitive-guide?skyline=true&s=i

• The ability to play 3D Hollywood movies, like Legends of the Guardians from Warner Brothers

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: June 15, 2010, 11:28:19 PM »

Your are thinking of the word "blush." I am refering to the d-pad being adjacent to the other four buttons.

Oh. But Wikipedia says that it means to become markedly red in the face and often other areas of the skin from various physiological conditions (such as Carcinoid Syndrome). Do you think 3DS could have Wikipedia built into it?
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #641 on: June 15, 2010, 11:33:13 PM »

Here is what I meant by the word flush: Having surfaces in the same plane; even.
 b. Arranged with adjacent sides, surfaces, or edges close together: a sofa flush against the wall. See      This is an old carpentry term. I hve used when I hung dry wall and we would say that the dry wall sheet was flush with the wall meaning it lined up properly with the studs in the wall and did not over lap into door frames, etc. The word has many meanings, sorry for the mix up.

Oh. But Wikipedia says that it means to become markedly red in the face and often other areas of the skin from various physiological conditions (such as Carcinoid Syndrome). Do you think 3DS could have Wikipedia built into it?

Here is what I meant by the word flush: Having surfaces in the same plane; even.
 b. Arranged with adjacent sides, surfaces, or edges close together: a sofa flush against the wall. See      This is an old carpentry term. I hve used when I hung dry wall and we would say that the dry wall sheet was flush with the wall meaning it lined up properly with the studs in the wall and did not over lap into door frames, etc. The word has many meanings, sorry for the mix up.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 11:39:57 PM by Kytim89 »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #642 on: June 15, 2010, 11:54:00 PM »

http://kotaku.com/5563466/the-nintendo-3ds-the-definitive-guide?skyline=true&s=i

• The ability to play 3D Hollywood movies, like Legends of the Guardians from Warner Brothers

I've never heard of that movie. But that movie is coming out this fall, and Avatar 3D is supposedly coming back to theaters this fall and Netflix3D should be ready to go around then too. So 3DS better have some bad ass UI and channels and all that stuff and Netflix (& Hulu3D) better be the one of the first 3rd party channels on the system.

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: June 15, 2010, 11:57:14 PM »
Has anyone actually seen a stylus yet? 

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #644 on: June 15, 2010, 11:59:01 PM »
Has anyone actually seen a stylus yet?

Nintendo might pull a wiimote on us and reveal the 3DS stylus at TGS 2010.

BnM, the 3DS would need a little bit of internal memory to play movies, right?

Offline Guitar Smasher

• View Profile
« Reply #645 on: June 16, 2010, 12:00:22 AM »

Not to be verbally anal, but what you mean is "vertically aligned".  Technically the dpad and the face buttons are already flush (or near), since they protrude from the body at the same height, meaning their surfaces reside in the same plane (your original definition).

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: June 16, 2010, 12:00:57 AM »
This is what I'm thinking.  Surely if it was a normal stylus we would have seen it in the photos.  There must be more to it. 

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #647 on: June 16, 2010, 12:03:56 AM »
obviously Nintendo has something else planned to finish the 3DS reveal with the final design and general internal specs, along with Pikmin 3 & Vitality sensor.

I would assume that the 3DS has atleast as much RAM as the Wii though which would mean that the 3DS would probably be as capable as a Wii at the very least.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: June 16, 2010, 12:08:38 AM »
3DS Stylus has internal memory that lets you transfer data from unit to unit by putting the stylus into it's holder.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #649 on: June 16, 2010, 12:10:22 AM »
obviously Nintendo has something else planned to finish the 3DS reveal with the final design and general internal specs, along with Pikmin 3 & Vitality sensor.

I would assume that the 3DS has atleast as much RAM as the Wii though which would mean that the 3DS would probably be as capable as a Wii at the very least.

They still have not talked about a virtual handheld service and I have a strong feeling that the 3DS will have this service once it releases. It seems like Nintendo is digging into the past with all these remakes of older titles and what better way to explore the past than with a virtual handheld service.