Author Topic: Nintendo 3DS Discussion  (Read 551963 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo 3DS Discussion
« Reply #475 on: June 11, 2010, 12:18:01 PM »
Ummm.... Factor 5 was/is working on Pilotwings Wii. Art assets were leaked.
They are also working on another Rogue Squadron according to other leaks at retail sources.

It's possible that one or both of those projects could have been moved to 3DS.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 12:19:39 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: June 11, 2010, 12:33:04 PM »
Nintendo has had enough time to develop a Starfox and F-Zero game for the 3DS. Both of these first party games I would love to see released on the 3DS.

A Mario Clash remake or enhanced port to the 3DS is a definite possibility.

Is this the 3DS?

http://kotaku.com/5561086/is-this-nintendos-3ds

« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 01:18:41 PM by Kytim89 »
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #477 on: June 11, 2010, 01:25:28 PM »
Ummm.... Factor 5 was/is working on Pilotwings Wii. Art assets were leaked.
They are also working on another Rogue Squadron according to other leaks at retail sources.

It's possible that one or both of those projects could have been moved to 3DS.

That was nothing more than a rumor. They were making an untitled flight game, which Internet posters ASSUMED was a Pilotwings game. Also, there has never been any confirmed that they are working on a new Star Wars game. They were (before their financial troubles) working on 2 untitled Wii games, that is all that's known.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #478 on: June 11, 2010, 01:49:42 PM »
We saw the Pilotwings artwork and the retail listing for Rogue Squadron was leaked.
We know that they were working on 2 games for Nintendo and that those are the only games they supposedly moved to the new studio since everything else was being funded by Brash Ent. and that company sinkholed.

I've linked and sourced everything in the Rumor thread, feel free to browse it.
I'm not saying it's 100% confirmed, but where there is smoke, there is usually fire, and Factor 5 had a lot of smoke, backed up with retail leaks and dev artwork.

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: June 11, 2010, 03:41:54 PM »
Is it Tuesday yet?

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #480 on: June 11, 2010, 04:45:03 PM »
Kotaku just reported that the 3DS will have an analog stick.

But will it be an analog STICK or an analog NUB? There's a (big) difference.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #481 on: June 11, 2010, 04:47:15 PM »
Kotaku just reported that the 3DS will have an analog stick.

But will it be an analog STICK or an analog NUB? There's a (big) difference.

Which is better?

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: June 11, 2010, 04:48:17 PM »
"It turns out that the white nub in the circuit board photo is an analog stick, one we're told is a real (short) stick, not a PSP-like nub", but I think we kind of already knew about that from the circuit board photo.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: June 11, 2010, 04:48:40 PM »
I would prefer a full stick. I can't imagine a nub being the most comfortable thing.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #484 on: June 11, 2010, 04:58:50 PM »
"It turns out that the white nub in the circuit board photo is an analog stick, one we're told is a real (short) stick, not a PSP-like nub", but I think we kind of already knew about that from the circuit board photo.

I was gonna say the same exact thing.
It's very clear in the circuit board photo from like 1-2 weeks ago.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #485 on: June 11, 2010, 05:41:42 PM »
Nintendo expected to announce 3DS app store at E3
The Nintendo 3DS may not be on store shelves for long, or at all, when the company launches an app store to go along with it. With portable gaming on the iPod, iPhone and iPad growing in popularity by the day, the Kyoto-based video game giant appears poised to combat their newest threat by taking a page from Apple’s book and using it against them.

Chief Operating Officer of Capcom, Haruhiro Tsujimoto, says that his company is greatly anticipating a downloadable software service for the most successful portable gaming device on the planet. Notes Tsujimoto, “What we’re looking forward to is the offering of a new business model. Nintendo has been in the hardware business for a long time and I believe they are looking closely at Apple’s recent success.”

And why wouldn’t they? As of March this year, Apple has claimed 5 percent of the market share of mobile gaming in just one year and only looks to be getting started. To fend off possibly their most intimidating competitor to date, Nintendo is expected to revamp their existing DSiWare service. DSiWare has not by any stretch been a failure for Nintendo, though a simpler means for developers to upload and distribute their apps is expected with a service that may have already been spotted weeks earlier.

Nintendo recently secured a trademark on the name “3DSWare”, and while there is no confirmation that this is in fact the very same app store concept that Tsujimoto was referring to, one must believe where there is smoke, there is fire. Nintendo often keeps things simple, and aren’t known for going out of their way to keep their intentions hidden from the public. What remains unclear is just what type of software Nintendo would make available and, as usual, a pricing model.

Speculation may be for a limited time only, with Nintendo expected to make announcements that cover any and all things 3DS at the upcoming Electronic Entertainment Expo. E3 is set to fire up on June 15 at the Los Angeles Convention Center.

Nothing really new, just recompiled and condensed info but this is what I fuel the HYPE TRAIN with!!!

ALL ABOARD!!!
Next Stop E3!!!

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: June 11, 2010, 05:48:05 PM »
3DS is actually going to have 3 screens. The 3rd screen is on the outside and takes up most of the top of the unit. You heard it here first, folks.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #487 on: June 11, 2010, 05:58:17 PM »
Is this the 3DS?

I'm sorry, I completely skipped over this earlier on accident. I blame this jumpy laptop. which could be replace today (final part of my project just showed up in the mail!!).

But no. No that is not the 3DS.

The screen are likely too far apart, the 3D camera would make more sense up on the flip part of the screen where it is adjustable for angle, there is no analog stick and the screen ratio looks off.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: June 11, 2010, 06:02:47 PM »
I expect both screens to be the same size.

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #489 on: June 11, 2010, 06:10:34 PM »
Is this the 3DS?

I'm sorry, I completely skipped over this earlier on accident. I blame this jumpy laptop. which could be replace today (final part of my project just showed up in the mail!!).

But no. No that is not the 3DS.

The screen are likely too far apart, the 3D camera would make more sense up on the flip part of the screen where it is adjustable for angle, there is no analog stick and the screen ratio looks off.

I actually meant for that question to be sarcastic. If the 3DS were to have GC style graphics, would a bigger or smaller screen accomodate that level of graphics? I am going with a bigger screen and 3DS top sceen will most likely be bigger than the lower screen and the top screen will be 3-D only as well.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: June 11, 2010, 06:14:06 PM »
I hope the real 3DS looks a lot better than that mock-up.

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: June 11, 2010, 06:41:54 PM »
I would love for someone to come up with a better mock up based on our findings here.  In fact, maybe a mock up of all the hype that BnM has come up with and speculated on.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #492 on: June 11, 2010, 07:27:02 PM »
I expect both screens to be the same size.

So do I, but going off the FCC board we've seen as a reference, that mock up has a theater wide screen on the top and a 4:3 screen on the bottom.

Both screens being widescreen touch screen that can be used as one large screen coupled with Netflix service support from Day 1 = Me Pre-Ordering in Full during the E3 announcement.

I would love for someone to come up with a better mock up based on our findings here.  In fact, maybe a mock up of all the hype that BnM has come up with and speculated on.

I wish I had the photoshop skillz, but if I have the time and motivation later, maybe I'll just draw one and we can compare that to whats shown at E3.

Offline Tanookisuit

• Score: -4
    • View Profile
    • jeremytinder.com
« Reply #493 on: June 11, 2010, 07:30:08 PM »
I'm so excited for this thing.  I mostly curious about the analog stick.

Offline kraken613

• tinyurl.com/2lrx46
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: June 11, 2010, 07:42:20 PM »
Why do we have to wait all the way till Tuesday too see this... At least I will be out of town this weekend to distract me.
~David~
3DS: 5214-9250-6646 - David
Playing Now: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #495 on: June 11, 2010, 07:45:05 PM »
3DS is actually going to have 3 screens. The 3rd screen is on the outside and takes up most of the top of the unit. You heard it here first, folks.

Wouldn't that make it a 3TS then?  And that doesn't even make sense!
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: June 11, 2010, 07:51:33 PM »
How about a 4th screen facing outward so people can see what you're playing? And a second set of speakers while we're at it.
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #497 on: June 11, 2010, 08:00:38 PM »
What sux is I start classes next week for some Ins related stuff and they don't have any other classes to replace those till next month. So I SOPE someone will be live blogging the thread complete with updates and pic and keep it all organize in a way that's easy & quick to read on short 10 minute breaks.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: June 11, 2010, 08:18:04 PM »
What sux is I start classes next week for some Ins related stuff and they don't have any other classes to replace those till next month. So I SOPE someone will be live blogging the thread complete with updates and pic and keep it all organize in a way that's easy & quick to read on short 10 minute breaks.

Twitter, man.  Last Nintendo Press Conference, I set Twitter to send updates from @Nintendo_NWR to my mobile and it was great.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #499 on: June 11, 2010, 08:29:30 PM »
Now I have a legitimate reason to kidnap my girls EVO 4G for the day week ;D