Author Topic: Games That Should be on Virtual Console  (Read 36422 times)

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
Re: Games That Should be on Virtual Console
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2010, 12:47:26 AM »
How about Lufia 1 and 2 and maybe some saturn games?
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 71
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2010, 01:32:41 AM »
Rock 'N Roll Racing.

Oh god, THIS.

Also, Cobra Triangle and the trifecta of oddball mid-90s SNES RPGs: Secret of the Stars, Paladin's Quest, and 7th Saga (guaranteed to sell Classic Controllers after you smash them in frustration).
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Nemo

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
    • Game Sprite Archives
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2010, 01:39:45 AM »
Rock 'N Roll Racing.

YES!

(I don't care if someone else posted something similar right before me. This game is that great.)
-the Game Sprite Archives-
http://www.gsarchives.net

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2010, 03:11:02 AM »
The only game I can think of which I would want to come to the Virtual Console is Blaster Master 2 for the Sega Genesis. Considering recent events of the original coming to VC and a sequel just released on WiiWare, it seems likely to be appearing soon.

This isn't to say that there aren't any other past games I want, but I'd rather track down the original cartridges for everything else.

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2010, 12:02:06 PM »
How about Duck Hunt for the virtual console, or maybe a Rebirth title for wiiware. I would love to see tht laughing hound on my screen again and the wii mote could be used as a zapper gun.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2010, 01:38:46 PM »
How about Duck Hunt for the virtual console, or maybe a Rebirth title for wiiware. I would love to see tht laughing hound on my screen again and the wii mote could be used as a zapper gun.
Well there is a game of Duck Hunt online somewhere. Back when I got the Internet Channel came out I used to play it alot.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2010, 10:57:28 PM »
The only game I can think of which I would want to come to the Virtual Console is Blaster Master 2 for the Sega Genesis. Considering recent events of the original coming to VC and a sequel just released on WiiWare, it seems likely to be appearing soon.

This isn't to say that there aren't any other past games I want, but I'd rather track down the original cartridges for everything else.

Blaster Master 2 will probably come to the VC because of the recent releases of the other games.

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2010, 01:03:28 PM »
I am surprised no one mentioned Sparkster. That game is awesome and should be on virtual console.

Offline NWR_DrewMG

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2010, 01:08:05 PM »
I would really kind of like to see the old WWF and WCW N64 games come to VC, but I know that is a licensing impossibility.
Your conversational partner has disconnected.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2010, 01:40:08 PM »
I would really kind of like to see the old WWF and WCW N64 games come to VC, but I know that is a licensing impossibility.
Those are some of the few "fighting" games that I enjoyed. The controls were fairly simple, but still allowed for a variety of moves to be used. My sister and I would play the four-player, 40-man Royal Rumble and would team up to knock all of the CPU players out of the ring.

Offline NWR_DrewMG

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2010, 02:12:47 PM »
I think that there's money to be made if they took the guts of one of those old games, replaced all the names with either legends or current wrestlers, and released it on WiiWare.   There was a "Legends of Wrestlemania" game released on HD consoles last year.  Taking Wrestlemania 2000 for N64, and retooling it as "Legends of Wrestlemania 2000" would be fantastic.
Your conversational partner has disconnected.

Offline Peachylala

• Bunk Pass Itch
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2010, 06:57:43 PM »
What glitches are keeping the Super FX games from coming to the VC? (not that I am overly worried, since I still have a working SNES)
Peachy got himself a 360 Slim. ...Yahoo?

Offline MoronSonOfBoron

• Little Black Rain Cloud
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
    • moronsonofboron @ deviantART
« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2010, 07:31:46 PM »
What about Pure White Lover Bizarre Jelly: Glastonbury on the N64?
Eat lightning and crap thunder.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2010, 09:01:38 PM »
What glitches are keeping the Super FX games from coming to the VC? (not that I am overly worried, since I still have a working SNES)

I thought that the FX Chip glitch/performance/emulation matter was only a rumor? Was it ever confirmed to be an issue by devs or even the homebrew community? I thought someone in HB managed to port Star Fox without an issue?
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2010, 09:12:48 PM »

I thought that the FX Chip glitch/performance/emulation matter was only a rumor? Was it ever confirmed to be an issue by devs or even the homebrew community? I thought someone in HB managed to port Star Fox without an issue?

As I say every time this is brought up, I have personally played Yoshi's Island and Star Fox in a homebrew emulator on my Wii and experienced no issues. I can't imagine Nintendo is less competent emulating hardware they made with hardware they made than some people working in their spare time without proper dev kits.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2010, 11:13:03 PM »
What about Hideo Kojima's Snatcher? That point and click adventure that came out in the late 80s. But what system would it be released for? Would it be better for it to be on the wii ware service? I would prefer a port to the DS.

Offline Sundoulos

• My mascot is a type of toxic algae
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2010, 09:24:02 AM »
NES
Clash at Demonhead
Faxanadu
Metal Gear
Dragon Quest/Warrior 2&3 (which I've never played)

SNES
Super Mario All-Stars (I think the likelihood of this is nil)
Star Fox
Mega Man X-X3
Castlevania: Rondo of Blood (since it was announced)

N64
Megaman 64
"A creature revolting against a creator is revolting against the source of his own powers--including even his power to revolt...It is like the scent of a flower trying to destroy the flower." - C.S. Lewis, in a preface to Milton's Paradise Lost

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2010, 04:49:24 PM »
But what system would it be released for? Would it be better for it to be on the wii ware service? I would prefer a port to the DS.

North America only got the Sega CD version. Japan got it on Sega CD, PC-8801 (a Japanese-only computer), MSX2, TurboGrafx-16, PlayStation, and Saturn. The only way we will get it on VC is if we get the TG16 version as an import title. I think a WiiWare version is more likely.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2010, 05:07:02 PM »
I am LOVING Stevey's new avatar.

*oggles*

That said, here's my list of missing VC games:

TMNT 2: The Arcade Game
TMNT 3: The Manhattan Project
TMNT Tournament Fighters (SNES version)
Turok: Dinosaur Hunter (the first one)
Tiny Toons Adventures (NES)
Chip 'n' Dale Rescue Rangers (NES)
Darkwing Duck (NES)
DUCKTALES (NES)
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #44 on: February 17, 2010, 05:23:38 PM »
Hmm, I really wish Capcom and Disney would reach a deal. Add in Goof Troop (SNES) to that list, the NES and SNES had some really great licensed games.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 17, 2010, 06:37:51 PM »
Don't forget Talespin on the NES and also Magical Quest Starring Mickey Mouse on the SNES.

I mostly got Disney games when I was young and thankfully Capcom made most of them and they rocked.
My Game Collection

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 18, 2010, 12:59:49 PM »
More import titles will have to be localized and released on the virtual console if Nintendo intends to allow the service to gain momentum again.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 18, 2010, 04:58:40 PM »
That's assuming Nintendo wants to allow the service to build steam again. Some argue that they just don't care a lot about it to begin with.
My Game Collection

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #48 on: February 18, 2010, 04:59:15 PM »
*slowly raises hand*
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 18, 2010, 05:12:15 PM »
*slowly raises hand*

Yes sir, what can I do for you? ;D  Why would Nintendo realese something and then walk away from it? Perhaps they believe that they have done all they can with it.