Author Topic: Report Suggests Wii Development Lagging Behind  (Read 22401 times)

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
Re: Report Suggests Wii Development Lagging Behind
« Reply #100 on: February 09, 2010, 11:53:51 PM »
I guess what I meant to say, if they are GOOD GAMES that sell better than their predecessors, then my point will be proven.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 09, 2010, 11:57:14 PM »
For years I complained about the third party support and was told to buy a second console.  This was seen as some sort of requirement for a core gamer.

Honestly, I've ALWAYS considered multiconsole ownership a requirement for the full hardcore gamer experience, even as far back the the 32/64-bit generation.

...which is ironic since I'm such a one-console sorta guy. But hey, that's what happens when your best friend has an XBox and PS2 as well as a GC. You quickly have to re-evaluate hypocritical internet hyperbole.
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Peachylala

• Bunk Pass Itch
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 10, 2010, 02:26:38 PM »
I guess what I meant to say, if they are GOOD GAMES that sell better than their predecessors, then my point will be proven.
Could Nintendo be relevent since their Wii entries of their franchises outsold their Gamecube entries, and in some extreme cases the total Gamecube sales?
Peachy got himself a 360 Slim. ...Yahoo?

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 10, 2010, 02:37:03 PM »
no no no, simply third parties only. There is no need to discuss how awesome Nintendo is. Unless you really want to :)
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Peachylala

• Bunk Pass Itch
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 10, 2010, 02:55:06 PM »
Did NSMBWii outsell Modern Warfare 2 yet?

no no no, simply third parties only.
RE4 Wii AND Umbrella Chronicles outsold Bionic Commando PS3/360. Has Dark Void flopped yet?
Peachy got himself a 360 Slim. ...Yahoo?

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: February 10, 2010, 07:53:47 PM »
Honestly, I've ALWAYS considered multiconsole ownership a requirement for the full hardcore gamer experience, even as far back the the 32/64-bit generation.
I've considered it a requirement ever since gaming first began. Each system has its own lineup of exclusive games that you're just not going to find anywhere else. There is not and has never been a system with a fully diverse library of games, each system lacked in at least one type or genre that another system excelled. To play all the best games, you've always needed more than a single system.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 11, 2010, 01:53:30 PM »
Oh yeah?  Well I've considered multiple console ownership a requirement since the days of Tennis For Two and Spacewar.  I'm the more foresightful one here.

Foresightful.  It's a word.  It means full of foresight.   :Q
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!