Author Topic: Pokemon Black and White  (Read 119747 times)

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
Re: Pokemon Black and White
« Reply #150 on: May 28, 2010, 12:29:02 PM »
NOA tweeted a "Spring 2011" release for Black & White.

EDIT: Serebii.net has info on the legendaries.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 12:34:08 PM by nickmitch »
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 28, 2010, 02:26:31 PM »
The new legendary Pokemon look pretty cool, that white one makes me wonder if we will see new a type like "light".  Let it be weakened to poison for some reason, poison doesn't get much offensive love on the typing chart. Poison corrupts the light... yeah that'l do just fine.
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #152 on: May 28, 2010, 03:45:48 PM »
They look pretty boring to me, I hope those are not the final images of them and that Nintendo will continue changing them.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 28, 2010, 04:03:09 PM »
They look pretty boring to me, I hope those are not the final images of them and that Nintendo will continue changing them.

Of course they are the final images. There has never been a time when a Pokemon was shown off and that wasn't the final design.
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #154 on: May 28, 2010, 07:13:14 PM »
I meant more like them being all white and all black.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 28, 2010, 09:32:58 PM »
The black one looks like a concept design for Palkia and the white one looks like a...very male pokemon...  :Q
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #156 on: May 29, 2010, 03:56:45 AM »
Well it has been confirmed that both are Dragon types.They might have a secondary type they might not.
Other than that both versions are going to be different that the other.That is that there will be more differences than just exclusive pokemon.

Anybody care to speculate on what those differences might be?
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 71
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #157 on: May 29, 2010, 10:16:02 AM »
As someone who plans to write a FAQ for this game, it'll probably be something like changing up the order badges can be obtained. They love screwing with us.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 29, 2010, 05:40:59 PM »
Betcha they'll change what pokemon gym leaders and other trainers have in the different versions.

Would be cool if they changed up more trainer lineups based on what starter you chose. Like each major trainer had a pokemon with the type best able to beat your starter. That could throw a wrench in a lot of trainers game since many people give experience preference to their starter and rely on it like a crutch to get through the game.

Having the available option to always fight trainers would be cool as well because I hate leveling up by grass walking. I always wished I could find more trainers to make leveling up happen faster.
My Game Collection

Offline Shaymin

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #159 on: May 29, 2010, 06:05:23 PM »
Just hope they keep the Vs Seeker item. Instant trainer rematches beats the phone call system every day of the week and twice on Sunday.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #160 on: May 29, 2010, 06:13:03 PM »
Yeah, I wish they had kept the Vs. Seeker in HG/SS, at least trainer battles are more often.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 29, 2010, 06:39:25 PM »
I have yet to get a rematch call. Or did they change how you could tell if they were ready to fight? I thought it would have a little sign by their name if they were ready.

I think they should remove the line of sight matches. Just let you walk up and each trainer gives you the option of a fight or not when you talk to them. You already want to fight them most of the time and it can get annoying when you don't want to fight. And then every 24-hours (or week maybe if you think a day would make it too easy) the trainers reactivate as fight-able.

Also it would be cool if each trainer gave you the option of how the fight would go. Choose doubles or singles, number of pokemon. Also, every trainer (or at least most) should have 6 fight-able pokemon all the time. Who doesn't walk around with less unless you just started or are running a special errand? If you don't want to go through the options menu for every battle you could select an option in the settings menu that pre-sets the same choices every time and lets you skip it.
My Game Collection

Offline Shaymin

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #162 on: May 29, 2010, 08:12:45 PM »
They only are available on a specific day of the week and you have to call them in HG/SS.
Tutorial box out.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #163 on: May 29, 2010, 08:35:28 PM »
Actually, you DON'T have to call them to get re-matches (the only ones you have to call to get re-matches are gym leaders), I get calls all the time asking for re-matches. If you register everyone you can, it's almost guaranteed that you will get called at least once or twice a day for re-matches (and they will level up their Pokemon over time).

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 29, 2010, 09:27:35 PM »
None of the calls seem to imply that they are ready to fight. I remember in the original that there were non-ready to fight messages and ready to fight messages.
My Game Collection

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #165 on: May 29, 2010, 10:29:25 PM »
If they want to fight they will specifically say something like "you up for a re-match? I'll be waiting on Route --".

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: May 30, 2010, 12:31:15 AM »
If they want to fight they will specifically say something like "you up for a re-match? I'll be waiting on Route --".

Same here.  I get calls all the time.  Although I think they should all be fighteable all the time (after a small delay anyway).  Also, have a look on your town map.  If there is a trainer waiting for you there will be an ! mark next to the route number. 

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: May 30, 2010, 03:01:50 PM »
Anybody care to speculate on what those differences might be?
I'm going to guess one game will be in colour, and the other in black and white.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #168 on: June 11, 2010, 01:33:30 PM »
Serebii has some scans of new pokemon up on its site. There are some interesting abilitys for the new pokemon. Even a few new types. A Dark/Ground type. I don't think that has been done yet.

Oh the White legendary is a Dragon/Fire type while the Black Legendary is a Dragon/Electric type.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 01:37:55 PM by Maxi »
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Shaymin

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #169 on: June 11, 2010, 11:56:44 PM »
Not only is Dark/Ground a new combo, but that new ability it has (translates to "Overconfidence", roughly) which gives it a 1-stage Attack boost EVERY TIME it KOs something... whoamg.
Tutorial box out.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #170 on: June 12, 2010, 11:52:58 AM »
I saw that info on Bulbapedia (which is much better than Serebii).

The "Overconfident" ability is pretty cool, hopefully Meguroko will be a good enough Pokemon that it can really use that ability.

Pretty interesting that it seems like the starting professor will be female this time, and that random online battles will actually happen.

Mamepato sorta looks like Starly. I guess that will be the standard early level bird Pokemon (like Pidgey, Hoothoot, Tailow, and Starly were).

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: June 12, 2010, 04:44:47 PM »
Pidgey/otto/ot is still the best early bird there is.
My Game Collection

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #172 on: June 12, 2010, 04:58:36 PM »
I wonder what new evolutions/pre-evolutions will be introduced. Every generation has introduced new evolutions/pre-evolutions for existing Pokemon (although generation III only had two: Azurill and Wynaut).

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: June 12, 2010, 05:01:47 PM »
I know Caterkiller has been wanting a Mankey/Primeape evo.

I wouldn't mind seeing some 4th stage evos come into play. Nothing has ever gone past three.
My Game Collection

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: June 12, 2010, 06:24:24 PM »
It gets too tedious with leveling and new attacks if there is too many evolutions.  I personally prefer pokemon than don't evolve or only evolve once.