Author Topic: Pokemon Black and White  (Read 119753 times)

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 71
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
Re: Pokemon Black and White
« Reply #250 on: December 30, 2010, 10:19:18 PM »
You'll have to migrate them to a prior DS game (I recommend Platinum) first, but it is possible to carry something from Fire Red/Leaf Green over.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Morari

• 46 DC EA D3 17 FE 45 D8 09 23 EB 97 E4 95 64 10 D4 CD B2 C2
  • Score: -7237
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: December 30, 2010, 11:33:45 PM »
Hm... That's going to be a lot of migrating from LeafGreen and Emerald then. :P
"This post has been censored for your protection."

--Bureau of Internet Morality

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #252 on: January 01, 2011, 10:38:07 AM »
Good news for those who want all the legendary Pokemon. It's been confirmed that you will be able to download Celebi to all Generation IV games at GameStop from February 27 through March 7. This is the first time it has been available in English since the 2006 Pokemon World Tour (which only went to a handful of cities). It will be at level 50 with the OT "GAMESTP" and the ID No. "22710". It will hold a Jaboca Berry and will know Leaf Storm, Recover, Nasty Plot and Healing Wish, be in a Cherish Ball and will hold a Classic Ribbon. It will be a fateful encounter Celebi, which will activate the special time-travel event in HeartGold and SoulSilver. If you transfer it to Black of White, you will get a Zorua.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2011, 10:41:26 AM by TJ Spyke »
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Morari

• View Profile
« Reply #253 on: January 02, 2011, 01:26:49 PM »
It looks like there is quite a lot of giveaways leading up to the release of Black/White.

January 3rd to February 9th will see Gamestop giving away the three Legendary Dogs, each occupying a different week during the promotion.

January 30th to February 5th will see Toys R Us giving away Ash's Pikachu.

And as mentioned above, you can get Celebi from GameStop between February 27th and March 7th. It also notes that trading Celebi up to Black/White will give you access to the new Pokemon, Zorua.

Oddly enough, I don't see anything listed on GameStop's website about these promotions. Perhaps the Celebi one is too far off, but the Legendary Dogs giveaway begins tomorrow! I'll have to call up to my local GameStop and check, I suppose. As much as I despise going into that place, it wouldn't be too bad for the sake of giving Entei some company on my game. ;)

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #254 on: January 03, 2011, 09:24:16 AM »
They are mentioning it in stores. I was just at a GameStop on Friday and they had a big poster in the store and a stack of flyers near the register advertising these 4 giveaways..
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Morari

• View Profile
« Reply #255 on: January 03, 2011, 10:45:08 AM »
Like I said, I simply didn't see anything on GameStop's website about it. I don't make a habit of going into the stores. Still, I'm going to call ahead to verify that my specific location is running the promo... no need to make the forty minute drive if they aren't.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #256 on: January 03, 2011, 10:46:45 AM »
40 minutes? Wow, if the closest GameStop to me was that far away I don't think I would bother.

Offline Morari

• View Profile
« Reply #257 on: January 03, 2011, 11:23:22 AM »
I live out in the boonies. ;)

I have to go grocery shopping this week anyway, so I'll already be out that way. Still, that particular GameStop is on the other side of town, and I'd rather not deal with the traffic if I don't have to.

Offline Shaymin

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #258 on: January 28, 2011, 08:24:32 PM »
So someone seems to have found an image showing the English names for all but the event Pokemon. Every name so far has matched, so it might be legit.

Here be spoilars
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #259 on: January 31, 2011, 03:50:51 PM »
Toys R Us have revealed that people who pre-order the game (at least through them) with get a Reshiram or Zekrom wall cling. This, to me, is lame compared to the Diamond and Pearl bonuses (which were Dialga or Palkia stylus that had a figure of them on top).

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #260 on: February 01, 2011, 12:49:22 PM »
Some more news:

The Dream World feature will be delayed until about a month after the game's release in order to avoid the same problems that plagued it in Japan.
NOA Treehouse will not be doing the translating like they usually do for Pokemon games, The Pokemon Company will do it instead.

Some translations:
Gym leaders Dent, Pod, and Corn (who battle as one) will be Cilan, Chili, and Cress
Sanyou City will be Striaton City
The item Live Caster will be Xtransceiver
High Link will be Entralink

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: February 03, 2011, 02:38:56 AM »
So if they aren't translating Pokemon that frees up room for them to work on something else. Good.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #262 on: February 03, 2011, 12:44:44 PM »
Nintendo of America has announced their plans for the Victini event. From the games launch on March 6 through April 10, Black and White owners will be able to download (over Wi-Fi) the Liberty Pass, which allows you to get Victini. Europe is the same thing, except they will have until April 22.

An odd thing about Victini is that apparently Black and White are programmed specifically to make it so you do NOT encounter a shiny one. This means that if you see somebody with one, you know it is hacked. It is also the only psychic/fire type (not counting stuff like forme changes).

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: February 03, 2011, 03:59:12 PM »
Why no shiny?

They saving that for a later event?
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #264 on: February 03, 2011, 04:52:35 PM »
The sprite is in the game (Bulbapedia even has the image), it's just impossible to get a legit one. Maybe it will be like Shaymin was where the version in Platinum was considered a Fateful Encounter one. That is my guess for what will happen here.

Offline Shaymin

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #265 on: February 03, 2011, 06:38:20 PM »
The same is true for the version mascots (Reshiram/Zekrom) as well, for some reason.
Tutorial box out.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: February 03, 2011, 10:39:34 PM »
But I believe there's a loophole with the version mascots, isn't there?  Something like if you defeat the version mascot when you first encounter it, it will appear somewhere else, and you can battle and try to capture it there.  This appearance, if I remember what I read correctly, can be shiny.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #267 on: February 03, 2011, 11:09:11 PM »
From what I have read, you can't. The games themselves are programmed so you can't encounter shiny versions of those two either. And you HAVE to capture them right away, defeating them or running away will appear as if nothing happened.

Offline Shaymin

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #268 on: February 03, 2011, 11:14:51 PM »
If you encounter the mascot with no room to catch it (full party + all 24 boxes full), it does create a second chance encounter - but even the 2nd chance encounter can't be shiny.
Tutorial box out.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #269 on: February 03, 2011, 11:25:27 PM »
I forgot about that, thanks for clearing that up Shaymin.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #270 on: February 11, 2011, 11:41:06 AM »
IGN is saying that the games will have some kind of enhanced features when played on a 3DS, although they don't say what they are: http://www.ign.com/system-guides/3ds/3ds-basics

It's not that surprising I guess, the games get worthless video chat when played on a DSi/DSi XL (worthless because it's local only, so you are video chatting with people within 30 feet of you). It's good news though and could help sell even more 3DS systems.

Offline MaryJane

• Ain't got nothing on Felica Hardy
  • Score: -13
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: February 11, 2011, 12:03:35 PM »
I wonder if it was possible for Nintendo do the cheap kind of overlay 3D movie studios have been guilty of using for these games? If that is the case and the smaller screen hides the crappiness of doing that if there is any, along with Wifi video chat (not until May presumably), it could really help move 3DSs, especially the Wifi video chat, if its done.
Silly monkeys; give them thumbs they make a club and beat their brother down. How they survive so misguided is a mystery. Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an a eye to heaven conscious of his fleeting time here.

Offline Shaymin

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #272 on: February 11, 2011, 04:56:27 PM »
It's not that surprising I guess, the games get worthless video chat when played on a DSi/DSi XL (worthless because it's local only, so you are video chatting with people within 30 feet of you). It's good news though and could help sell even more 3DS systems.

There's also wi-fi support for up to 4 people, so it's not entirely useless.
Tutorial box out.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: February 11, 2011, 08:01:39 PM »
IGN is saying that the games will have some kind of enhanced features when played on a 3DS, although they don't say what they are: http://www.ign.com/system-guides/3ds/3ds-basics

That link says nothing about enhanced features with Pokemon Black and White.  It shows images of a handful of DS games, Pokemon Black included, and says they'll work on a 3DS.  That's entirely different.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #274 on: February 11, 2011, 08:14:36 PM »
Huh, it was there this morning (it's the only reason I mentioned it). I suppose IGN could have edited the article earlier today (like maybe they weren't supposed to mention that yet).