Author Topic: ShadowPlay Arriving On WiiWare Next Monday  (Read 2078 times)

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
ShadowPlay Arriving On WiiWare Next Monday
« on: January 07, 2010, 08:17:59 AM »
The unique WiiWare puzzler will have MotionPlus Support.
 http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/newsArt.cfm?artid=20732

Deep Fried Entertainment Inc. has announced the release of their first WiiWare title, ShadowPlay. The puzzle title will be released on January 11.    

ShadowPlay has players moving objects such as balls and clothes pins in order to cast specific shadows. There will be over 100 transforming shadow puzzles. The Wii Remote is used to manipulate the objects in order to replicate a shadow on a wall. MotionPlus support is available for full 3D control of the objects, but the Nunchuk can also be used.    

Players can also create their own shadows in a bonus FreePlay mode. The game also offers co-op play, allowing others to jump in at any time to help a player complete a puzzle.    

Deep Fried Entertainment Inc., an independent video game developer, is proud to announce its first WiiWare™ title, ShadowPlay, an entertaining puzzle game that will have you thinking about common household objects in a different light! The game is available exclusively on WiiWare service for NintendoÂ’s Wii™ system, and will be released January 11th, 2010.    

ShadowPlay challenges players by transforming shadows into 100 exciting, unique puzzles. By using the Wii Remote™, players manipulate their given objects one by one to create a cumulative shadow that matches the goal. As more challenging puzzles are unlocked, players will have to find more creative ways to solve problems. You will never look at a slice of pizza the same way again! Winning a round will allow players to advance to the next level as well as score another item to use in the FreePlay Mode where you can unleash your imagination and create your own shadow art. Try creating a bike out of a pineapple or a dolphin out of the shadow of a pear. Family and friends can also jump in to help tackle a puzzle at any time using Local Co-op Mode! ShadowPlay will provide tons of brain-racking fun for players of all ages!    

What is even more awesome is that ShadowPlay is the first independent WiiWare game to take full advantage of the Wii MotionPlus™, which means you can experience full maneuverability of objects and have even more fun! Of course, the game still works with the Nunchuk™ controller and will provide loads of entertainment.    

“ShadowPlay is a unique game introducing a new way to solve puzzles. Playing with shadows is present in almost every culture in the world, in some form or another, and I think this game taps into a really creative way to express ourselves. I particularly love the FreePlay mode!” says Brenda Bailey Gershkovitch, DFEÂ’s C.O.O.    

Key Features:  

• 100 intriguing puzzles, lots of unique objects for manipulation and 10 themes with various challenging levels provide entertainment for all players of all ages!
  •  
  • Wii MotionPlus compatibility!
  •  
  • Local Co-op mode allows for collaborative fun
  •  
  • Full manipulation of 3-D objects for complete control
  •  
  • Bonus FreePlay Mode where you can create your own shadows!
  • Pedro Hernandez
    NWR Staff Writer

Offline ThomasO

• Score: 18
      • View Profile
      • deviantART account
    Re: ShadowPlay Arriving On WiiWare Next Monday
    « Reply #1 on: January 07, 2010, 05:39:30 PM »
    Some trailers for the game here.

Looks interesting (though a bit tedious), but I'd like to read some reviews before I fork over some Wii Points.

Offline Jonnyboy117

• Associate Editor
    • NWR Staff
    • Score: 37
      • View Profile
      • Nintendo World Report
    « Reply #2 on: January 07, 2010, 08:32:05 PM »
    What a great game concept! I am totally down for this, as long as the execution holds up. And it looks like MotionPlus would actually make it a lot easier and faster to set up the objects.
    THE LAMB IS WATCHING!

Offline Kairon

• T_T
    • NWR Staff Pro
    • Score: 48
      • View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: January 07, 2010, 11:55:12 PM »
    ...omg... this looks amazing. Everyone needs to watch those videos.
    Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
    The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
    Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
    Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
    For never was a story of more woe
    Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
    • NWR Junior Ranger
    • Score: -19
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: January 08, 2010, 01:38:24 PM »
    I love the concept, but I'm a bit worried about the controls.  It says that the Nunchuk can be used in lieu of the M+, but I think it would work better if both could be used--use the analog stick to control the camera and the remote w/ M+ to control the objects.  Anyone know if this is an option?
    Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!