Author Topic: Epic Mickey - Wii Exclusive  (Read 162779 times)

Offline Peachylala

• Bunk Pass Itch
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
Re: Epic Mickey - Wii Exclusive
« Reply #150 on: October 12, 2009, 07:25:15 PM »
Aren't Disney movies "teh kiddie" and therefore inherently terrible and you all should be ashamed to watch them?
You should be ashamed of yourself for saying that.

All D2V Disney sequels are pretty lame. Though Cinderella 3 was almost good. At least it had a bolder and more interesting plot twist than most Disney sequels.
The songs sucked, but the voice acting was amazing.  Also, Anastasia was voiced by BABS BUNNY. BABS BUNNY. (her VA, forgot her name)

Also, Cinderella might strike you with FoxDie (Jennifer Hale)
Peachy got himself a 360 Slim. ...Yahoo?

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: October 12, 2009, 07:27:57 PM »
Did you know that they are entertaining the idea of resurrecting the Roger Rabbit Sequel "Who Discovered Roger Rabbit"?

I can say with all confidence that that will never, ever happen.  Who Framed Roger Rabbit was a once-in-a-lifetime occurrence, because we will never see Warner Bros. and Disney cooperating again like we did back then.  And a Roger Rabbit sequel with only the Disney characters is an empty shell.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 12, 2009, 07:36:21 PM »
It's not Warner that they need to cooperate. It's Steven Speilberg and Amblin Ent.
The movie is about Roger before he was famous and was on Broadway looking for fame, how he met Jessica Rabbit, and all the things that went along with that adventure. I'm not sure it would even involve all the WB characters to begin with.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 12, 2009, 07:37:14 PM »
My comment was sarcasm. Or satire. I'm still not sure what the difference is there. But that's the same thing that people say about Nintendo games so I was just curious what the reaction would be.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #154 on: October 12, 2009, 07:51:23 PM »
The Disney nerds will jump on you like Black Friday Walmart.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 12, 2009, 11:37:56 PM »
Game Informer Update

October 12th
Sketching Mickey: The Time Lapse Video

Any day now, Game Informer subscribers will receive the November issue, which is filled with details about Epic Mickey, the Wii-exclusive game from Junction Point and Disney Interactive Studios. In the meantime, we’ve put together this short film for your enjoyment – a three-minute time-lapse video shortened from a half-hour of drawing by one of the character artists at Junction Point. As you watch Mickey come to life on the page, you’ll also get your first glimpse at a potential enemy in the game – one of the robotic Beetleworx. Keep your ears open as well to hear some of the great music from the upcoming game. For more Epic Mickey content, check out gameinformer.com/epicmickey Enjoy!

Bonus: MP3 of the music
http://www.sendspace.com/file/v42sv0
« Last Edit: October 13, 2009, 12:07:06 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Dirk Temporo

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: October 13, 2009, 12:27:26 AM »
I think they're more "teh kiddie" now than they used to be.

Eh. I think they're worried so you have to dig a little bit more to get at the darker stuff. And anytime anybody mentions Disney going downhill in any capacity, I just have to bring up Wall-E.
"You've had your dream old man. It's time to wake up!"
-Travis Touchdown

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: October 13, 2009, 05:08:40 AM »

Eh. I think they're worried so you have to dig a little bit more to get at the darker stuff. And anytime anybody mentions Disney going downhill in any capacity, I just have to bring up Wall-E.

And anytime you bring up Wall-E, I have to bring up that that was not only a Pixar project but I believe one that was completed prior to their acquisition by Disney.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: October 13, 2009, 12:53:09 PM »
But that's like saying Retro isn't Nintendo.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: October 13, 2009, 01:07:28 PM »

And anytime you bring up Wall-E, I have to bring up that that was not only a Pixar project but I believe one that was completed prior to their acquisition by Disney.

Exactly.

In regards to the comparison with Nintendo and Retro, that is a whole different situation, Nintendo took Retro under their wing and helped craft the first Metroid game with them. Nintendo still had their talent and insight, which helped Retro craft a brilliant game. Pixar on the other hand never needed Disney's insight, they were crafting movies far better then any animation Disney released for quite some time. Even now they are still quite independent from Disney in regards to the creative process.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline Peachylala

• Bunk Pass Itch
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: October 13, 2009, 01:16:58 PM »
Let it also be known that one of the former head honchos' of Pixar is the head of animation at Walt Disney Studios. He shoehorned them into making "The Princess and the Frog" and halting production on the DTV sequals, I can't thank him enough for it.

Seriously, who in their fucked up mind would think Cinderella would make a good TV series?

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #162 on: October 13, 2009, 01:21:52 PM »
You mean she powers up like POWER RANGER whenever she puts on her shoes?  Catch it every Sunday.

Offline Peachylala

• Bunk Pass Itch
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: October 13, 2009, 01:25:52 PM »
No, it's more possible she would power up like a Sailor Scout.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #164 on: October 13, 2009, 01:29:49 PM »
NAKED!

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: October 13, 2009, 01:35:58 PM »
Let it also be known that one of the former head honchos' of Pixar is the head of animation at Walt Disney Studios. He shoehorned them into making "The Princess and the Frog" and halting production on the DTV sequals, I can't thank him enough for it.

Seriously, who in their fucked up mind would think Cinderella would make a good TV series?

I forgot to mention that as well. If anything Pixar is making Disney a better company, not the other way around.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 13, 2009, 01:48:29 PM »
Cinderella 3 was interesting because it involved time travel where the evil step mother gets a hold of the fairy godmother's wand and turns back time and magically makes the glass slipper fit the evil stepsister. It's like an alternate reality. Rather bold material for a D2V Disney sequel in my opinion.

And, yes, Pixar saved Disney. If not for someone from Pixar coming over and scratching the Bolt movie and rebuilding it from the ground up, that would have been a disaster.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 13, 2009, 01:52:06 PM »
It is ironic that someone from a company that specializes in CG animation is helping to bring Disney back to its 2D animation roots with Princess and the Frog.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 13, 2009, 01:55:01 PM »
I am freaking pumped for Frog Princess. I missed the old Disney movies and I hope this is the start of a second Disney Golden Age.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 13, 2009, 02:05:31 PM »
For sure...It looks to have one of the coolest enemies yet.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #170 on: October 13, 2009, 02:53:09 PM »
I guess the Disney womens were sexier in 2D.

Offline Peachylala

• Bunk Pass Itch
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 13, 2009, 03:23:32 PM »
Cinderella 3 was interesting because it involved time travel where the evil step mother gets a hold of the fairy godmother's wand and turns back time and magically makes the glass slipper fit the evil stepsister. It's like an alternate reality. Rather bold material for a D2V Disney sequel in my opinion.
That reality for it was that it had a higher budget then the other DTV sequels. The animators were given extensive model sheets and live-action references. The guy who directed it also did the Tinkerbell movie, which I heard was pretty good for a DTV release.

Go Tink Go!
It is ironic that someone from a company that specializes in CG animation is helping to bring Disney back to its 2D animation roots with Princess and the Frog.
I read somewhere, when the movie was still in pre-production phase, that the Pixar President asked the directors from the Little Mermaid and Aladdin to help direct the movie. From what I've seen in the trailers, it looks great. They basically take the original fairy tale and flip it on it's head, which isn't new.

BTW, Maleficent is the best Disney villain, ever.

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 13, 2009, 03:34:00 PM »
"BTW, Maleficent is the best Disney villain, ever."

Pssh...Says YOU!

Scar would literally rip her head off.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #173 on: October 13, 2009, 07:16:39 PM »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #174 on: October 13, 2009, 07:36:10 PM »
I hope he's more than just a "shadow Mickey"...

Is that a Sunshine reference? Like Miyamoto's worse nightmare finally came true and someone finally kinda copied that game(only I'm sure we will all like this one much much better).