Author Topic: Sony's Motion in the Blue Ocean  (Read 176948 times)

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
Re: Sony's Motion in the Blue Ocean
« Reply #450 on: March 14, 2010, 08:44:39 AM »
This resulted in a baseball bat tracking some guy's crotch in an unfortunate manner.

He must've been packin'. Black guy?

Here I thought you were the only one with a PhD in Penis Fencing!

I know, but I wasn't at the event, so it couldn't have been me.

Maybe it was Reggie?
is your sanity...

Offline Invincible Donkey Kong

• DK Crew. HUH!
  • Score: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: March 15, 2010, 06:47:14 PM »
Nope, was too busy laughing at Move from the background.  :reggie:
Buy Zap's perler bead art!
https://www.etsy.com/shop/NewDonkCityVending

Operation: Get Zap a Switch GoFundMe:
https://www.gofundme.com/get-zap-a-switch

Summer of Donk ~ 2017 Twitch meetups! ~ DKC2
https://www.twitch.tv/zapr2k

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: March 17, 2010, 12:53:02 PM »
Reggie comments on Move and other stuff
IG: I was going to ask you about PlayStation Move, because it's sort of like Wii in HD. The controls are pretty similar but the graphics are much better. And I guess Sony is hoping that people will upgrade from Wii because of those motion controls. Sony wants Wii consumers to say now, 'Hey let's go get a PS3.'

Reggie: And why would they say that? That's the piece that to me is very interesting. So I'm a consumer and I'm having a great experience with my Wii. And we know that's the case – we look at the software that's being purchased. Consumers love the Wii. What's going to motivate them to spend minimally $300 for a new [PS3] system, plus minimally $100 for the Move motion bundle? So [as a consumer] now I'm into this for $400 and I still have to spend money on software. What's going to motivate me to do that?
Reggie sure has been quite vocal about Move. I guess Nintendo is feeling a little bit of pressure from Move as it moves into Wii territory. I hope that translate into some pro-active behavior from Nintendo which results in more games with bigger budgets from more developers that matter.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #453 on: March 17, 2010, 01:46:45 PM »
Reggie isn't vocal about Move.  I'm vocal about move, hell, the "new $400 game system" idea puts us on the same wavelength of justice.  It's the interviewers and interviews that are just terrible, discussing the same questions/topics over and over again.

Will SMove (new pricey peripheral combo) attract the existing nicheStation3 customers?  Will SMove (whole new platform package) attract existing "pointed there, waggled that" Wii customers?  Will SMove attract the unknown NON-CUSTOMERS?  Why isn't Kaz around to answer these questions?  Why aren't the press asking these?

If the press can only ask the constantly pathetic "I hope I win against teh Reggie" type questions, and Reggie's the only big industry guy available to answer this stuff, who's playing who?
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #454 on: March 17, 2010, 02:17:28 PM »
NinGurl is right, how is it being vocal about something when he is just answering the question the reporter asked him? Especially when it's one that he has probably been asked many times already. It's like when movie actors do the standard round of interviews to promote it, they get sick of answering the same question 15, 20 times.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #455 on: March 17, 2010, 02:18:03 PM »
He is being vocal because he could keep recycling the same answers over and over again, but he is expressing some of the same concerns that lots of us have had. I've made a post already detailing what it would cost to play PS3 w/ Move vs Wii, and he doesn't seem to be holding back and deflecting questions like most PR heads would do.

would you guys really prefer the ususal "I have not seen Move, but I think what we offer on Wii is blah blah blah blah" or "We don't see ourselves in the same competitive space as blah blah blah" response over and over again.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 02:20:41 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: March 17, 2010, 02:28:07 PM »
I think Reggie has been pretty fair regarding Move.  He isn't being as hostile as he could be.  He's bringing up very legitimate concerns.

In the IGN interview he pointed out that if Sony's goal was to provide something new for existing PS3 owners that $100 for Move is a perfectly acceptable price.  That's something that no one really has talked about.  But he also mentioned that if it's $400 for a new customer and that's what Sony is focusing on there needs to be an incentive.  And that's dead-on.  Reggie could be all politician and just crap on Sony's negatives in a biased manner.  But he isn't.  I think he might do that to look more credible, but that's working.

It's a hot topic and he's answering questions.  If he was bringing it up in conversation then I would say that maybe Nintendo is worried about it but that's not the case.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: March 17, 2010, 06:36:19 PM »
They really have nothing to worry about, as long as the paychecks from the Wii and Ds are still coming in. Actually, if they made no money from this point, they could operate for another 6 years.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #458 on: March 17, 2010, 08:42:28 PM »
LOLx2

Sony Mocks Natal and Insults the Wii
The PlayStation Move was just announced, but Sony is wasting no time before going on the attack. The newest—not to mention first—advertisement for the peripheral makes fun of the Nintendo Wii, attacks Microsoft's Project Natal, and basically buries the entire message under a thick layer of smarm with a side order of smug.

Yeah, this commercial is pretty much awesome.
direct link: Kevin Butler "Moves" from the Future

I lol'd twice.

"Total control over your gaming experience.....because real boxers don't hit like this..."

"It also has what we in the future call buttons...Which are pretty important..... for doing anything that doesn't involve catching a big red ball"

"C'mon, Who wants to use their hand is a gun.... what is this third grade!?

Pew...Pew....Pew...Pew (laughs)"
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 09:27:50 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Guitar Smasher

• Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: March 17, 2010, 09:28:36 PM »
So if I'm following this commercial correctly, Move has as much chance at being successful as the KC Royals?

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: March 17, 2010, 09:39:20 PM »
I have to give it to Sony: that commercial's hilarious.   ;D
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #461 on: March 17, 2010, 09:46:43 PM »
So if I'm following this commercial correctly, Move has as much chance at being successful as the KC Royals?
more like, get ready for the unexpected.

Since I assume you meant that the KC Royals have a very low chance of making to the World Series.

Offline mac<censored>

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: March 17, 2010, 09:49:52 PM »
I'm not sure mocking the opponent as childish is the best choice, given the Move's Nerf-controller / clown-nose appearance...

[Actually it looks even more silly in his video than the previous shots I've seen... man, that really is a giant glowing yellow ball on the end of it...]

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #463 on: March 17, 2010, 09:53:35 PM »
You also would think that they would have used a color other than pink during the fighting scene.

Offline Guitar Smasher

• View Profile
« Reply #464 on: March 17, 2010, 10:15:10 PM »
more like, get ready for the unexpected.

Since I assume you meant that the KC Royals have a very low chance of making to the World Series.
I'm just saying he claims to be from the future, and says that Move is incredibly successful and that the Royals win the World Series.  Given that both events have occurred (according to him) that means they both have a probability of 100%.  So it's possible to say that both events are equally as likely, at least in the 'sony-make-believe' paradigm.  And I find this funny.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #465 on: March 17, 2010, 10:15:38 PM »
You would think they would use two people that don't look like dueche bags demonstrating their games.

Funny vid though
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Guitar Smasher

• View Profile
« Reply #466 on: March 17, 2010, 10:20:26 PM »
They do look very uncomfortable playing those games.  Get them a chair.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #467 on: March 17, 2010, 10:29:35 PM »
I thought HD players have trouble standing up and lifting controllers.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #468 on: March 17, 2010, 10:32:05 PM »
Did no one notice that the on-screen character is punching with the wrong hand?

Guy with the 3iimote is punching with his left, onscreen character is punching with his right.

Not something you would notice on the 1st or 2nd time seeing the commercial, but I've seen it about 4 times already, and it really sticks out now that I noticed it.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: March 17, 2010, 10:46:38 PM »
Did no one notice that the on-screen character is punching with the wrong hand?

My guess is that this is something that was intentionally done by the director of the commercial to avoid confusing the viewer just casually watching by having a character punching with his right=a character on the TV (from our perspective) punching from the left.  That you (and I) didn't notice this up till now seems to indicate this.  Of course, they could have avoided the issue entirely by just not having the video footage show a character attacking from the front.   ::)
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline mac<censored>

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: March 17, 2010, 11:35:11 PM »
You would think they would use two people that don't look like dueche bags demonstrating their games.

They wanted to accurately represent the "hardcore gamer" audience I guess.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: March 18, 2010, 01:18:49 AM »
Why doesn't Nintendo get "vocal" via its lawyers by suing Sony for ripping off their intellectual property?
is your sanity...

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: March 18, 2010, 01:32:10 AM »
cus it works slightly differently
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #473 on: March 19, 2010, 05:25:43 PM »
Jack Tretton is talking(?)/demonstrating(?) Move tonite on GTTV (SpikeTV 12:30am)
http://www.gametrailers.com/images/skyscaper_GTT

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #474 on: March 19, 2010, 05:42:00 PM »
Move has a 404 error on Gametrailers.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.