Poll

New Mutants has been DELAYED yet again. When will it come out? Will it ever come out?

It'll get delayed till Summer time
They'll drop it in the October slot for Halloween
Streaming Rental on Disney+ for double the ticket price
It's cursed.... it's never coming out.
Make it a double feature with Black Widow in the Drive Thru's
Right after they do the reshoots... they have time now. lol

Author Topic: (NEW Poll Added!!) New Movies/TV Shows we should keep an eye out for!  (Read 1232209 times)

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
Re: New Movies/TV Shows we should keep an eye out for!
« Reply #1725 on: August 24, 2013, 05:15:06 PM »
That's a lot of Batman.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #1726 on: August 24, 2013, 05:48:33 PM »
Given Samuel L Jackson had a nine(i think?) appearance contract he will only pop up for like a few minutes at a time across quite a few movies.

So Hollywood reporter is that Affleck is has been going to the gym two hours a day. Also dude is signed for mutiple films and has the possability to direct the Batman or Justice League films.

He hasn't made a big budget movie yet so i'd hope he'd gain some experience first before directing a Batman/Justice League movie (like what Christopher Nolan did before attempting to make Inception).
« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 05:54:51 PM by Plugabugz »

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #1727 on: August 25, 2013, 10:42:09 AM »
But Nick Fury can bounce in and out of other characters' stories because that's how he rolls. Unless they're doing a JLI movie too, I don't why you need that much Batman.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: August 25, 2013, 11:07:47 AM »
I could see Batman doing a Fury-esque thing where he has studied the various heroes and meta-humans that have started popping up to determine who would be best to form a team to face some threat that he knows is coming.

Also, Martian Manhunter Film Noir movie, please.  Do it on the down low, fairly low budget, no-name actors, don't even reveal the fact that its a Martian Manhunter movie until a post-credits tease.  Just have the main character do seemingly weird stuff that, while you're watching the movie you don't really give a lot of thought to, but once you figure out he's the Martian Manhunter, you re-watch the movie and have a whole different understanding of what just happened and why the main character seems so distant and strange.

Post-credits tease is the detective we've been following enters his apartment.  Takes off his hat, sits it down on a small table, then reaches up towards the light switch.... but pauses.  He turns towards the shadows and says "You might as well come out now." and BAMN the dark silhouette of BATMAN appears, flowing forth seamlessly from the shadows.  His gravely voice... "We need to talk."  Cut back to the detective, we see him walking from the right side of the frame, to the left.  "I suppose we do," he says.  His shadow grows behind him, as he walks off-frame.... then shifts from the shadow of the detective to the shadow of the pointy-headed Martian Manhunter.  End

Stealth release movie of the century.  Make it happen, Warner Bros.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: August 25, 2013, 12:37:57 PM »
This site states that Affleck only agreed if he has some control over the script.
so according to this, Affleck is now part of the Snyder/Goyer think tank at WB

http://blogs.indiewire.com/thompsononhollywood/be-affleck-is-the-new-batman-in-snyders-superman-batman

Snyder approached Affleck months ago, reports THR. Affleck would not take on this role unless he had some say in how this script turns out. He will have a strong hand at Warner Bros., which backed him on "The Town" and the Oscar-winning "Argo" and is invested in telling the town he's sticking around the studio. Affleck signed for multiple pictures. If this works out he'll have a major franchise to play with for years ahead. And a major studio where he can hang his hat, as his hero Clint Eastwood has done for decades.
According to Warner Bros.:

"Affleck and filmmaker Zack Snyder will create an entirely new incarnation of the character in Snyder’s as-yet-untitled project—bringing Batman and Superman together for the first time on the big screen and continuing the director’s vision of their universe, which he established in 'Man of Steel.'"

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #1730 on: August 25, 2013, 03:04:04 PM »
I didn't really care for Snyder's Superman. That worries me more about this whole thing than Affleck being Batman. In 'Man of Steel' the character whose name is the title had the least amount of personality. I worry about how the rest of the characters will be interpreted and integrated in to his universe.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: August 25, 2013, 03:11:12 PM »
People more opinionated than me seem to think that Davis Goyer is more the problem.
People seem hopeful that Affleck will be able to fix the dialog at the very least going forward even if they don't think he was the best choice for Batman, they hope he was a good choice for improving this film over what it likely would have been.

edit:
Personally, even though I though MoS was entertaining, it really wasn't all that great and I expect Supes vs Bats to be a glorious mess of a film, a let down of epic proportions, but hopefully successful enough to greenlight the total hot mess that will be Justice League.
But then again, I really doubt DC's ability to create a universe as Marvel has, as their approach doesn't seem to be nearly as well thought out and planned as Marvel's, but I also don't really know of or like many DC characters outside of Batman and maybe 1 or 2 others. I've been a Man of Marvel since I knew what comics were, so I'm biased and not afraid to admit it.

On the other hand, I would love to see the DCCU be successful and actual pull this feat off in a similar fashion to Marvel. I would love nothing more than to eat crow on the next Supes and the future JL movie, but I don't think that's likely at this point. We'll have to wait for the first trailer, or at least a script review.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 08:02:52 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: August 25, 2013, 06:55:53 PM »
Jackass Presents: Bad Grandpa

starring Johnny Knoxville
- a hidden camera style movie putting real people in fucked up scenarios (ala Borat) not knowing it's all staged.

I don't usually support Jackass, but this trailer got a laugh out of me. so I thought I would share.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #1733 on: August 25, 2013, 07:24:56 PM »
Yeah, the whole JL thing just feels forced. It's like, they were waist deep in this Nolan Trilogy, and Marvel Movie Universe just blew the **** up. DC had to follow suit, but Nolan's thing seems like was only meant to be self-contained. So, now we have a half-assed franchise building on top of a bad movie after having one of the best trilogies ever.

Offline toddra

• You dirty RAT
  • Score: -9
    • View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: August 25, 2013, 08:17:53 PM »
Well in the 90's the fourth Batman was a train wreck so maybe they are trying to repeat that?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: August 25, 2013, 08:19:33 PM »
The Nolanverse Batman was definitely self-contained.

can you imagine that Batman standing up to the likes of Superman or Green Latern?

He would have needed to get a whole lot more clever/smarter/intellectual and have a whole new set of toys based on tech they hadn't even thought of yet. He also would need to learn how to fight....

I liked the Dark Knight Trilogy, but I don't hold it in high regards like others, it was good, but it certainly isn't the Batman we need for a Bat/Supes team-up movie.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #1736 on: August 25, 2013, 08:25:56 PM »
Especially if Batman is supposed to fight him and win. They need to play up the fact that Batman is a genius. Movie goers see him as just a rich guy in a rubber suit, but he's so much more than that. And Superman is over-powered. The film had him in an environment that was supposed to null his powers and he just overcame it because he's Superman. How do you establish a Batman capable of beating that in a Superman movie? Especially when you haven't even developed Superman.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: September 07, 2013, 05:29:44 PM »
So, RoboCop trailer.

Looks better than I thought it would, but I still have to hate it because RoboCop is one of my favorite movies of all time.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: September 07, 2013, 05:55:03 PM »
Don't like how he was more Human and honestly I like the NES game more then Robocop.  In fact I like most things derived and the concept of Robocop more then the actual movies.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #1739 on: September 07, 2013, 09:17:52 PM »
Makes me wanna re-watch the original. Haven't seen it in a while.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #1741 on: September 11, 2013, 06:18:53 PM »

I am so excited. You can say Korra was weaker than ATLA so far, and you'd be right, but it's still Avatar which means it's heads above everything in any media in my eyes.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 06:20:43 PM by azeke »
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #1742 on: September 11, 2013, 06:29:06 PM »
The first avatar?!
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #1743 on: September 11, 2013, 11:36:29 PM »
look out for agents of S.H.I.E.L.D looks epic and hawkeye, black widow, luke cage and iron fist are in it!
Made you look ****.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1744 on: September 15, 2013, 01:23:09 PM »
Yahoo gives praise to Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Official Website: http://www.agentsofshield.com/

Yahoo's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Preview
"Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D."

Tuesdays at 8 p.m. on ABC; premieres Sept. 24

You've assumed it was going to be awesome, right? Well then, breathe a sigh of relief, because indeed it is. With brothers Whedon (Joss and Jed, along with Jed's wife Maurissa Tancharoen) behind the series, this first Marvel foray into live-action TV is, well, action-packed, full of great Whedon-y dialogue (they even poke fun at the organization's name), and features the return of Agent Coulson (Clark Gregg), who was killed off in "The Avengers." So, what is the org in this "Avengers" spinoff? A group of smart, but not super-powered, heroes who help thwart the evildoing of Marvel universe baddies. In other words, TV land may be safe from uber-villains, but not from wise-cracking, tech-savvy geeks. Thank goodness.

edit: and the trailer one more time for those that haven't seen it yet

« Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 01:28:02 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #1745 on: September 15, 2013, 11:33:19 PM »
So looking forward for it coming out on channel seven!
Made you look ****.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1746 on: September 25, 2013, 02:40:55 AM »
Fox orders 13 episodes of Commissioner Gordon

It's a Gotham City origin story before there was a Batman.
Maybe they will do with this show what they didn't with Smallville and convert it to the superhero show when the time is right.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/09/commissioner-gordon-fox-tv-series-drama/

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #1747 on: September 25, 2013, 02:51:42 AM »
Cranston should be Commisioner Gordon again:

He was pitch perfect.
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1748 on: September 25, 2013, 03:26:53 AM »
I'm sure they would want to find someone younger, maybe mid-to late 30's to play a younger more active Gordon still on the beat trying to clean up the streets.
Probably taking on Crime Bosses/Families during a point in time when Bruce was still going to opera's with his parents.

But it would be nice if a plot point, or flashback was the murder of the Waynes about 13 years ago and how that pushed Gordon to get out there and clean the streets up for good before all of Gotham was taken over by gutter trash and corruption.
We will probably see an up and coming Harvey Dent just starting his political career and references to all sorts of characters from the Modern day Batman gallery of evil before they were so evil.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1749 on: September 25, 2013, 10:52:56 PM »
Season Preview Trailer for Marvel's Agents of SHIELD

edit: and a Teaser Trailer for Avengers: Age of Ultron

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=528433807236756
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 10:59:31 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »