Author Topic: I did the motion capture for this awesome video game scene!  (Read 1789 times)

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
Hello again guys! Now this is about Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic. I know there is a thread on the game already but no one seems to look at it much.

This thread is about how I was hired for this scene to do martial arts, and help choriograph the scene.

And seeing as you guys are gamers, and i've been posting with you all for years now I would love to read your impressions of the video. It would mean allot to me, as I am trying to buiild my career off of things like this.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-09-star-wars/49937#comments_top

I do Wushu, its chinese martial arts, and my head coach Eric Chen, was hired because Lucas always intended to have the Sith and Jedi be somewhat of a Samarai VS Shaolin type of deal. But for every movie a western choriographer was hired like a fencer and it never came out exactly how Lucas imagined.

Episode 1 had the first intro duction to Wushu which was Darth Maul, Ray Park. He did the double sided light saber, which was all 100% wushu, by the way, I train with him at my school! Though not in a while since he is working on GI Joe now.

Hopefully George Lucas will see this and know that real wushu martial artists who are actual fans are able to make epic fighting sequences.

This was done at Blur Studios(they do amazing work) and at the house of moves in Los Angeles! Yeah we all got done up with the wet suits and balls every where, it was a blast! They showed me allot of things while I was there behind the scenes, but I wasnt supposed to talk about it.

Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
Re: I did the motion capture for this awesome video game scene!
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2009, 03:52:17 AM »
As part of the socal/martial arts/motion capture/coreography/video game scene, I wonder if you happen to know this guy.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2009, 04:03:04 AM »
its funny how crappy and gimpy game stuff made in America is, but if its based off of a movie universe like star wars it looks badass. That was fucking cool.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline UltimatePartyBear

• Voice of Reason
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2009, 03:08:36 PM »
This thread is about how I was hired for this scene to do martial arts, and help choriograph the scene.

And seeing as you guys are gamers, and i've been posting with you all for years now I would love to read your impressions of the video. It would mean allot to me, as I am trying to buiild my career off of things like this.

I'm a huge Star Wars geek, and that was completely awesome.  Which characters were you?

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2009, 03:13:35 PM »
perm, i've seen him but i dont know him personaly. i'm both lady characters flying and shooting. and allot of the jedi in the back ground and the main jedi towards the end where he and the sith clash and have a stand off. but i dont do the really aweseom fight at the very end.
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn