Author Topic: "Official" Metroid Prime Trilogy discussion thread ;)  (Read 72551 times)

Offline JayBayBay

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Re: "Official" Metroid Prime Trilogy discussion thread ;)
« Reply #175 on: August 24, 2009, 05:58:05 PM »
What I meant by that comment was the ridiculousness that occured during the marathon, not the actual game itself. I actually loved the game as much as the other two parts of the series.
Elderly Man: In the church, they say to forgive.

Creasy: Forgiveness is between them and God. It's my job to arrange the meeting.

***Nintendo Wii Friend Code****Xbox 360 Gamertag***
*****3795 4378 1629 9029*******c00kie m0wnster*****

Offline AV

• Score: -4
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: August 24, 2009, 07:28:19 PM »
You can still pre-order the game and get the T-shirt and Poster at Gamestop.
I dropped by today and bought the game. They said to pick it up TOMORROW. They actually had the goodies and I took them home after I pre-ordered.

The shirt is XL   ;D which is perfect.

Offline Nick DiMola

• Staff Alumnus
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
    • PixlBit
« Reply #177 on: August 24, 2009, 09:04:50 PM »
So did anyone get this today?

Also, if they did from GS, what does the poster look like?
Check out PixlBit!

Offline AV

• View Profile
« Reply #178 on: August 24, 2009, 10:26:54 PM »

i'm going to take a shower and i'll use my webcam to show you after.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #179 on: August 24, 2009, 10:37:52 PM »
OH DEAR
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline AV

• View Profile
« Reply #180 on: August 24, 2009, 11:00:11 PM »

http://s126.photobucket.com/albums/p110/adv2k1/?action=view&current=Photo1-1.jpg

and

http://s126.photobucket.com/albums/p110/adv2k1/?action=view&current=Photo2-1.jpg

I like the horizontal one.

See the Wiimote that's for scale.

also here is the horizontal one. this isn't an actual picture but the actual art

http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/videogames/promos/metroid_limited_poster_600w.jpg

the poster is Double sided. So you pick what side you want to show and what you want to hide

« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 11:03:52 PM by Mr. Adolph Vega »

Offline Nick DiMola

• Staff Alumnus
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
    • PixlBit
« Reply #181 on: August 25, 2009, 12:27:21 AM »
Hotness
Check out PixlBit!

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #182 on: August 25, 2009, 01:56:57 PM »
With my luck I'll probably get 2 posters and 3 t-shirts.  This series is so niche, I can't imagine anyone in California being aware of this release.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 25, 2009, 02:46:06 PM »
I just picked up my copy about an hour ago.  Ooh, shiny.   :)  I'm almost tempted to fire up my Wii and actually play it, but Arkham Asylum is calling me back...

The shirt's just as ugly as it looked in pictures months ago, though.  I'm also more than a little annoyed that Nintendo didn't do what they seem to usually do and ship it out over the weekend.  Then I could have just picked up my copy last night during the Arkham Asylum midnight release.  Still, the set looks awesome and I'm sure I'll get to it eventually.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 25, 2009, 02:50:50 PM »
I just picked up my copy about an hour ago.  Ooh, shiny.   :)  I'm almost tempted to fire up my Wii and actually play it, but Arkham Asylum is calling me back...

The shirt's just as ugly as it looked in pictures months ago, though.  I'm also more than a little annoyed that Nintendo didn't do what they seem to usually do and ship it out over the weekend.  Then I could have just picked up my copy last night during the Arkham Asylum midnight release.  Still, the set looks awesome and I'm sure I'll get to it eventually.

Nintendo doesn't do that often though. Usually just for big games like Wii Sports Resort. Most games I've bought from Nintendo ship out Monday and I get them Tuesday.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #185 on: August 25, 2009, 03:07:18 PM »
I'm actually surprised the Trilogy wasn't at E3, now that I think about it.

I'm picking up my copy in an hour, and man am I excited! I fully intend to get through Prime's Veteran mode in less time than it took Nick. LOL
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 25, 2009, 08:34:26 PM »
I'm actually surprised the Trilogy wasn't at E3, now that I think about it.

I'm picking up my copy in an hour, and man am I excited! I fully intend to get through Prime's Veteran mode in less time than it took Nick. LOL

Didn't they have some private event dedicated to it pre-E3?
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline Elixir

• View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 25, 2009, 09:35:47 PM »
Well Gamestop decided to tell me a day after the game's release that they canceled my order.  I am in a whole new realm of angry right now!

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #188 on: August 25, 2009, 10:05:06 PM »
Wow, this pack is so nice, I'm not going to open it.

Offline Peachylala

• Bunk Pass Itch
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 26, 2009, 12:39:57 AM »
Already defiled the hawt packaging, just finished the Derelict Space Station.

Retro added more hawtness to the game with medals kids. MEDALS. RE4 port job to Wii just lost it's crown to this three pack of sex in a Wii box.
Peachy got himself a 360 Slim. ...Yahoo?

Offline TheFleece

• K.K. Slider Vinyl Collector
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #190 on: August 26, 2009, 12:54:02 AM »
I got my copy earlier today and my Wii won't play the disc- I have to send my system in for repairs :S I started playing through Super Metroid to take some of the edge off.
Handhelds at Heart
---
It's like a finger pointing away to the moon....
You don't want no part of this ***!
Animal Crossing New Leaf Pics

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 26, 2009, 12:52:06 PM »
Already defiled the hawt packaging, just finished the Derelict Space Station.

Retro added more hawtness to the game with medals kids. MEDALS. RE4 port job to Wii just lost it's crown to this HAWT SAMUS ON DARK SAMUS ON SAMUS threesome in a Wii box.

fixed
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Halbred

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #192 on: August 26, 2009, 01:57:43 PM »
Got it last night, played up to Flagraah's front door. LUV IT SO MUCH.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline NWR_DrewMG

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 26, 2009, 03:56:14 PM »
The place I reserved through (only becuase I had a $5 credit there) still hasn't gotten the game in yet.  Annoying.
Your conversational partner has disconnected.

Offline AV

• View Profile
« Reply #194 on: August 26, 2009, 09:02:09 PM »
i like some subtle things they did to the game.

important scans are dark red so you can avoid the stuff you don't care about.

I also like the little female voice ' added to logbook'. pretty neat. I wish it came from the wii speaker instead of the tv speakers it gets drowned out majority of the time.  having it come from wiispeaker would have been nice to make you feel more like your samus.

The widescreen display is very nice. I wonder how I played this game before .

Offline Yankee

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: August 26, 2009, 09:21:12 PM »
I got my copy earlier today and my Wii won't play the disc- I have to send my system in for repairs :S I started playing through Super Metroid to take some of the edge off.

Try orienting the wii horizontally. My wii occasionally has trouble reading discs when it is vertical, one day i tried it the other way and it worked like a charm.
Itsa me! Yankee!

Offline Halbred

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #196 on: August 26, 2009, 11:26:15 PM »
Vega, most things you need for the logbook are orange. Lore is red, and important structures are red. Enemies, pickups, etc. are generally orange.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #197 on: August 27, 2009, 12:40:35 AM »
With Arkham Asylum done, it seemed as good a time to plug the Wii back in, dust it off, and actually play something.  So I've been replaying Metroid Prime 1, and I'm a little surprised just how much faster the game moves with the Wiimote controls.  Although I've kept the lock-on feature enabled for things like boss battles and whatnot, I've been doing a lot of freehand shooting...a lot more than I did in Corruption, actually.  I'm about 4-5 hours in and just acquired the Spiderball, so I think that puts me around 40-50% of the way through the game?  It's been pretty fun so far, though even with the far more comfortable gunplay in the Metroid Prime games I've had to rest my wrist every once in a while to prevent massive carpal tunnel.  Scanning's a lot more obnoxius than I remember, though.  I had to restart the battle with the plant boss because I forgot he had 2 scans, and if I replay Prime 1 again I don't want to be focusing on scans that time.  Is it just me or are the Space Pirates a lot more aggressive now?  I'll enter a room and suddenly two of them will be right there in my face instead of running around trying to gun me down.

After I complete Prime 1 I don't know how much more of the trilogy I'm going to play for a while. I don't like Echoes, but Corruption might get a replay.

Offline Snipper64

• View Profile
    • Snipper64
« Reply #198 on: August 27, 2009, 11:07:25 AM »
I picked it up. I was afriad because I played 1-2 allready, but I don't own them, number 3 I never played. I picked it up, and was very happy with the layout, the games, even the shirt, poster and box was awsome. I am glad I got it, better then what I expected. So far I am loving number 3
I am matter...I am antimatter...I can see your past...I can see your future...I consume time...and I will consume you!

VOTE FOR CHOANIKI! you know you want too...

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #199 on: August 27, 2009, 09:49:07 PM »
Just a heads-up, guys: if you're trying to use a GCN guide to get all the scans and whatnot, be warned that Retro changed the names of at least a couple Pirate Data.  Most of the name changes seem to be removing references to Metroid Prime in general, which is a little odd.  I can't find the data that's supposed to be specifically about Metroid Prime, in fact, going by the old guides.  It's supposed to be in the Elite Control, but I've scoured that room for close to 20 minutes, scanned everything, and I can't find it so maybe they moved it?

EDIT: OK, it turns out the problem is that Retro used the PAL version for the Trilogy, so several scans have new names and the Metroid Prime scan doesn't exist at all (*makes a rude gesture in Retro's general direction for the 20 minutes of wasted time looking for it*) and there are several new Research scans.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2009, 10:32:28 PM by broodwars »