Author Topic: Who owns a racing wheel for cube?  (Read 2515 times)

Offline NIN10D0

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Who owns a racing wheel for cube?
« on: April 14, 2003, 10:52:49 PM »
I just got Burnout 2 and it's great, and it made me look into buying a wheel to add more fun.

But I don't want to spend $70 on a Logitech<wheel($45) and pedal($25)>
so, I found this "V-Thunder Racing Wheel" made by Interact($15)

http://ebgames.com/ebx/categories/products/product.asp?pf_id=224873

Anyone own this wheel?
how is it? is it responsive enough not to ruin the gameplay?

Offline Johnny

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2003, 06:14:09 PM »
personally i won't want to get a racing wheel because they break easily and i love using analog for racing. You are lucky that I am the only one to care to reply back to u!
Johnny Taing

Offline dafunkk12

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2003, 06:35:15 PM »
Actually, I haven't replied because I don't own a wheel.  Since I decided against its purchase, I'll let you in on something...  Up on eBay is a used Mad Catz Universal (Cube, PS1/2, Xbox) MC2 steering wheel.  Very well rated by many sites, just head to madcatz.com to read the reviews.  Anyway, unless someone else has made a bid already, you're looking at $15 for the wheel and $5 for shipping.  Auction ends tomorrow (sometime in the very early evening).  The Logitech one can be had for a hefty discount.  Just search PriceGrabber.com for the Speed Force and get a $1 (don't remember how much was shipping) accessory pack (pedals and lap mount) from eBay.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2003, 07:50:52 PM »
I'm a 2nd prize winner in Nintendo Power's February (?) sweepstakes, so I'll be receiving the Logitech Force Feedback wheel, the pedals, and NASCAR Thunder 2003.  I don't know how soon they'll send it tho, they said something like "we'll reply with the prize in 8 weeks" or something (friggin long time, considering I got Burnout 2 today).

But the reviews I've read for the Logitech wheel were very positive.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2003, 08:31:12 PM »
I have the PS2 version of the Logitech Wheel (also works on the PC), and it's a very good wheel. I got it when GT3 came out for $100 (camw with some free speakers)...it's worth the price for both parts.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2003, 07:29:31 AM »
I have the Logitech wheel, and it is very high quality and worth the money if you play a lot of racing games.  Since it's officially licensed, it should see a lot of support, but keep in mind that since it's a force feedback wheel, the game MUST support it for it to work.  I'll have a review up soon.
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline Berbs42

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2003, 08:16:48 AM »
I had been holding out on buying the Logitech Speed Force just waiting for word on newer titles that support it. I read a lot of the previews for B:2 and was hoping like hell that it would offer support.

After seeing the mention in the review at PGC my decision was made.

Now I just need that IRS return....

LaterDays
- Berbs