Author Topic: In the dreamtime  (Read 105221 times)

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
Re: In the dreamtime
« Reply #200 on: May 29, 2014, 01:21:04 PM »
So I had a dream where I died. I "woke" up in an empty apartment. It was tiny but nice, like those found in Tokyo. It was dark but I could clearly see a group of shadows sliding towards me. At first I was frightened; they were sweeping around me, bellowing a bass octave that vibrated my being. But then I realized I enjoyed it and let it go on for a while until I tried tickling one of the shadows. It gave out a giggle and immediately became human, or human-like. It was a woman, but her skin shimmered like a fish. The other shadows popped into existence and it was clearly more men and women. They started to laugh at me as if it were some prank.

"What's...what's going on?" I said.
"You're dead, man." One spoke. "Well either dead or dying."
"Wait...I'm dead?"
"Yeah. We watched it all. It was pretty. Damn. Funny." They all began to laugh again.

Something told me it was a lie, but I also felt it was the truth. It was confusing. I wanted to ask more questions but these apparitions seemed to be having a celebration. The room that was at first dark began to light up and expand, with more people-things filling it. Little flying worms of light began to swim all around us to an epic disco track. That's when I felt myself being pulled.

"Time to go." One of the women said.
"Where?"
"You'll see. Here take this cup for the line."
"The line...the line for what?"
"The line into *burp-squeeker fart*. It's a long wait."

Then one of them handed me a wine glass full of some sort of libation that looked like the sparks of fireworks. The pulling intensified. The room, that at first expanded, became smaller and smaller and it was then that I realized I wasn't being pulled, I was growing larger. I grew as large as a building, then a city, then a planet, then a star....so big that the entire universe was like a snowflake and I stood upon an endless field of them.

In front of me was a city resting on a few immense sleeping sea turtles that burped and farted universes. There were millions upon millions of ghosts or souls or shimmering beings like myself standing in a line, just as confused as I was. I looked at my glass full of sparks and took a sip. It filled me with the essence of a specific time in human history. All the knowledge and emotion of that day came rushing into me. It was spicy with jealousy, sweet with love, and intoxicating with information. This particular vintage was of the renaissance, specifically Leonardo Da Vinci's 25th birthday. I was living it.

I noticed another entrance into the city of *burp-squeeker fart*. The ghosts or souls or apparitions of shimmering skinned beings were jovial as they made their way with ease into the city. And they all had a cup. So I decided to join that line and try to sneak in. I tried to blend in, striking up conversations with fellow beings and clinking glasses whenever we'd laugh. But just as I was about to enter this lion-headed giant stopped me.

"I haven't seen you before." He roared.
"It was my first time out of the city." I tried to push past him but he stopped me.
"I haven't" he bent down "seen you before." And started to growl.
"That's because it was my first time out of the city! Look, if I haven't been here before, how did I get this cup?" He looked at me for a while...Just staring into me.
"Good point." He then stood up and moved to let me through, but that's when I woke up.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: May 29, 2014, 02:02:17 PM »
You almost died in your sleep.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: May 29, 2014, 02:10:57 PM »
Worst ways to go out I guess.

But honestly, that's bullshit. Dying in your dream doesn't mean you die in real life. If anything, it's spiritually enlightening.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 02:15:08 PM by Stogi »
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: May 30, 2014, 04:26:31 PM »
Can't say my dreams are that interesting.  I rarely dream (Max a couple per year if not vastly less) and when I do its in a continuity.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #204 on: May 30, 2014, 05:46:27 PM »
I seem to dream every night or every other night recently. Crazy stuff like playing Let's Make A Deal on the set of The Golden Girls, with all four ladies picking between a limousine and some other prize I don't remember. It was actually all IN the living room. I felt like I was watching an episode.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

« Reply #205 on: May 31, 2014, 11:46:03 AM »
I usually have pretty crazy and intense dreams but I don't have any need to share them with strangers. I might draw on them for inspiration in my writing, movies, music, etc, but really dreams are pretty personal they reveal a lot about you as a person. Dreams are honest, you can't really lie to yourself no matter how hard you might want to believe you can.
Trying to be a better person, honest.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: November 25, 2019, 07:58:33 PM »
I had a dream that I was working in an arcade and I was playing the submarine game. And like I was playing the game, but it's like when I looked through the submarine games periscope I witnessed a real battleship get torpedoed. So, I end up in jail.

At this point the perspective switched to third person and now the main character of the story is Jason Mamoa as Aquaman. Now that Aquaman is in prison. Aquaman has to join a gang. The only way he can get into this gang is if he passes a test. The test is a bravery test. He has to put his hand in fish tank with a piranha type creature and not flinch. This is a crazy test because it cant be for real. If someone really put their hand in the tank their hand would surely be bitten off. But this is Aquaman and he can control fish. So, he does it no problem. He uses his fish powers to calm the fish. The set in this dream is this dramatic futuristic prison that looks like its out of Chronicles of Riddick. He passes the test and what's weird is there was a crowd of people watching on bleachers that all cheered. It was a weird dream. Really cool looking. I give it an 8/10. The story didn't make sense, but visually it was solid.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: November 27, 2019, 01:01:14 AM »
Did I ever share the short story I wrote that combined several of my dreams? https://theinstallation.neocities.org/fiveyeardepression.html

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: June 20, 2020, 06:11:11 AM »
wow this thread is a trip

I had another tiger in the backyard dream like the one in 2010.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #209 on: June 22, 2020, 01:57:17 PM »
So, you know that dream people have when they're sitting for an exam in a class they've never been to?  I used to get that dream a lot.  But now, I'm back in school.  So, the new dream I keep having is that all my classes are going fine, except this one I haven't been to.  And the dream is either in a building like my old highschool or on my old college campus.  It usually involves me thinking I could wing it, but then seeing the number of assignments I haven't done or just the regular looking a test and having no idea what's going on.  There's parts where I beg for some kind of way to fix it and even one where I try to just drop the class and see if I can get by without it.  There was one version where I sat in the class and everyone was just like "who the hell are you?". 

Usually the dream starts with me realizing I've been blowing the class off for weeks and then realizing the semester is almost over.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: June 22, 2020, 08:08:01 PM »
I've had that dream many times too. I may have listed one like that earlier in the thread. I've been out of school since 2008. I still have dreams every once in a while where I'm in school and I've just realized I've been not taking a class I was supposed to be in and now I'm fucked.

In real life it actually happened to me too. There was this class I missed the first week of. It was a philosophy class. I was at the college during the time and hanging out in the library. Reading my book for my philosophy class that I thought was a week later. I read the whole book. One of the few classes where I actually read the book. I told the professor what happened. I ended up getting an A in the class because the professor was super cool. It could have been a real **** up too because it was a summer class.

The reverse happened too. There was a class I had that I only attended it every once in a while. I failed that class hard. That was a Greek Art and Architecture class. I ended up taking the class again with a less boring teacher. The first teacher was boring as **** with a thick ass Greek accent. The second teacher was one of the most entertaining teachers.

I also used to work at a call center. That place frustrated me hard and I eventually just stopped going.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: June 23, 2020, 12:29:45 AM »
I haven't been to school since 2003 or 04?  Can't quite remember.  But I still get that exam dream.  Mine is never really the exam, it's more of a halfway though the semester thing where I suddenly realize I should have going to class.  It's always tied to my job as well, where my employer requires me to take this class and I forgot about it.  Some alternate scenarios are that I've been forgetting specifically about a class project I should have been working on (usually more stressful for me than an exam) or the dream implies that I had started going to this class but then forgot over the last few weeks.  The key is for me to wake up in a panic before I realize there was no class I was missing.  Way back in high school I had a dream about a project and had to confirm with my friends multiple times that it didn't exist.

And the oddest school dream is that I'm going but my teacher is a huge jerk and I end just not taking that.  I call him out and tell him off and sometimes get into a physical fight with him.  This of course ensures that I fail.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: June 23, 2020, 01:08:04 AM »
I also have these weird dreams where I'm pretending to be a teenager in a high school. I can only assume I get these because I watched Hiding Out as a kid. There's also those weird news stories on tv where this has actually happened.

I would never want to go back to school. When I graduated from University I thought to myself "no more of this ****"

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #213 on: June 23, 2020, 04:23:44 PM »
Lately, when I wake up from that dream I have to remind myself of which classes I'm taking, that I've been going to all of them, and that it's currently summer, so there's no class right now.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: June 25, 2020, 06:57:14 PM »
Well, there it happened again. I just had a dream I was walking around a college campus looking for my class which happens to be a t-shirt making class. I can't find it. I end up in the wrong class, and it happens to be a patch making/embroidery class ran by Rastafarians. I figure this class looks cool so I sit down and start making patches. Then I wake up.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: June 25, 2020, 07:10:32 PM »
Well, there it happened again. I just had a dream I was walking around a college campus looking for my class which happens to be a t-shirt making class. I can't find it. I end up in the wrong class, and it happens to be a patch making/embroidery class ran by Rastafarians. I figure this class looks cool so I sit down and start making patches. Then I wake up.

I'm amused by how it is specifically a t-shirt making class.  "Well I guess I could use these skills to sew lots of different clothing."  "NO! ONLY T-SHIRTS!!  And you need these credits as a prerequisite for the long-sleeve shirt class next semester!"

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: June 25, 2020, 08:49:25 PM »
I usually have 2 types of school dreams, High School and College.

Most of my College dreams usually take place at the end of the semester and I have a big project I haven't even done yet.  That's because I was a huge procrastinator that pretty much always got the big project done literally the day before they were do, usually staying up late to do so.

My High Schools dreams involve me usually having superpowers like flight, super strength and telekinesis.  I usually use these powers to show off to my classmates.  These dreams also involve me talking to people I haven't seen in over a decade now about current events.  Some times it's like time travel where I'm telling them what will happen in the future while other times, it's the current year and we all just so happen to be in High School again.

It's always interesting how the College dreams are usually so realistic and stressful, while the High School dreams are so fantastical and fun.  Probably has to do with the fact in High School I had friends that we'd play videogames and watch anime after school, and talk about that kind of stuff while in school.  In College I never really made any close friends, so my memories for that are more about the work I did, while High School was more about the fun after school.  That would certainly explain the dreams involving them are so different.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: June 26, 2020, 03:50:25 AM »

I'm amused by how it is specifically a t-shirt making class.  "Well I guess I could use these skills to sew lots of different clothing."  "NO! ONLY T-SHIRTS!!  And you need these credits as a prerequisite for the long-sleeve shirt class next semester!"

It's kind of a dream class to take. I went to art school and I remember there would always be these very specific classes that you never heard of until they weren't offered anymore.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2020, 03:53:11 AM by ThePerm »

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: July 17, 2020, 02:51:50 PM »
I'm walking around this retail toy store.  At first it kind of seems small like the size of a dollar store. I'm looking on the shelves and I see a bunch of vintage toys like Krang and his robot. I'm looking for something else. I want something very space-invadery like Krang though. I keep walking through the store and I realize I work here . It's a Spirit Halloween. I look around thinking maybe I have a costume in mind. Like Ghostbusters. Then I start wondering if I've been looking at my schedule and I've been missing days of work or not. I start to head to my schedule. But then I see that they put on an instructional video to watch.

The video is weird. It is some old hag masturbating. On the floor. I'm sitting on a chair next to an attractive young female co-worker. We talk about how weird this instructional video is. We're sitting on some sort of bench couch thing. I look to my left in the crack between the wall and I notice a dead rat with maggots crawling over it. I'm repulsed. I look over at the female co-worker and She's like "I know it's pretty gross, but we can't get rid of it ourselves, we have to call the exterminator"

I get up and I start looking around the store. I start to head to the back area when a frog jumps in my hand. I take a look at the frog and it's missing a leg. I head towards the front of the store and it jumps out of my hand. There is a lizard on the floor and another frog. The new frog is attacking the lizard. The old frog has found its leg and is picking it up. This is happening by the feet of some customer.

I turn around and I head back again and there is this couch. Bobby Lee(the comedian) is sitting there with some different attractive girl and he offers her drug needles. She's not into it. I notice a bag of lifesaver candy and I hand it to her and she seems quite pleased. I feel like I made a connection with her.

I head over to the right of the store and I try to look like I'm busy. I move around some fuzzy sweaters and start straightening out shelves and putting things back in their place. My manager comes in and she tells me that some special order prizes have come in the mail for me.  She's holding up flier with some cool toys. But then she hands me a baby seal. The seal is really cute, but WTF? I never wanted a baby seal. My manager tells me that we can take it and donate it to the zoo when she gets back from going to the bathroom. I hold the pup like a baby trying to keep it's head comfortable. I rub its neck. It bites my hand a little. But it's ok because it is an adorable baby seal. It does feel kinda heavy though. I put it on the ground and adjust the blanket to keep it comfortable.

Then some rich lady in high heels comes by and steps on it. She's an instagram model type. She's not apologetic. She doesn't care. The baby seal struggles for air having its insides crushed. It dies. I'm horrified. I wake up.

« Last Edit: July 17, 2020, 03:06:33 PM by ThePerm »

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: October 10, 2020, 03:28:30 AM »
« Last Edit: September 14, 2021, 09:32:25 PM by ThePerm »