Author Topic: So nobody likes GameStop?  (Read 245689 times)

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
Re: So nobody likes GameStop?
« Reply #600 on: December 28, 2011, 04:33:04 PM »
Did you ever try bringing the printed receipt to GameStop? Most stores won't let you just return things without proof that you bought it there. Yeah, the store's policy of selling opened copies of brand new games is stupid, but a removed activation code is the fault of bad employees and (hopefully) not bad company policy.

Just playing devil's advocate.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: December 28, 2011, 05:10:06 PM »
Gamestop could at least have the decency to reshrink wrap those opened games. Its not like its difficult or expensive to buy the equipment to do that. Not saying that would make it right, but at least the games would then have the outward appearance of being new.
is your sanity...

Offline Morari

• 46 DC EA D3 17 FE 45 D8 09 23 EB 97 E4 95 64 10 D4 CD B2 C2
  • Score: -7237
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: December 28, 2011, 10:42:45 PM »
Did you ever try bringing the printed receipt to GameStop? Most stores won't let you just return things without proof that you bought it there. Yeah, the store's policy of selling opened copies of brand new games is stupid, but a removed activation code is the fault of bad employees and (hopefully) not bad company policy.

Just playing devil's advocate.

I didn't try anything. This wasn't directly my problem. My brother is an adult and can handle his own hangups. He didn't initially have the receipt though. It was apparently a bit of a hassle to get it. Even then, I have a hard time seeing the employees at GameStop simply swapping the title out. They don't care about customer satisfaction. They probably would have just accused him of being the code thief at that point. Their attitude is really just that bad, and their company culture promotes it.

Worse still, had they swapped it out, they probably would have then just turned around and sold it again as "new" to another unsuspecting customer. :P
"This post has been censored for your protection."

--Bureau of Internet Morality

Offline jorgea

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: January 15, 2012, 09:21:20 PM »
I don't think all the employees working at Gamestop all are bad.  Just read the replies from other members here at http://www.nintendoworldreport.com  

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #604 on: January 15, 2012, 09:41:00 PM »
The only thing worse than Gamestop is Spambots.
is your sanity...

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #605 on: January 15, 2012, 11:56:48 PM »
It'd probably the funniest comment in the thread though.

Offline Morari

• View Profile
« Reply #606 on: February 21, 2012, 05:54:22 PM »
Even their pizza is a rip-off.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: February 21, 2012, 06:03:02 PM »
I am sure that photo is completely out of context...
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #608 on: February 21, 2012, 06:03:58 PM »
I'm under the assumption that it's purely for the lolz.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #609 on: February 21, 2012, 07:12:28 PM »
If Gamestop got into the business of making pizza (or any kind of food for that matter), their employees would probably do horrible things to it that I don't even want to think about.
is your sanity...

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 71
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #610 on: February 21, 2012, 07:35:43 PM »
So in other words, they'd be like every other major pizza chain on the... planet?
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: February 21, 2012, 07:43:26 PM »
We already do some pretty questionable things to the games discs. Or, at least the people with smalls dicks do so.

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: February 21, 2012, 11:58:45 PM »
To be honest, you kinda need the pizza to play Yo Noid, and honestly where else are you going to find a used on that looks that good?
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: February 22, 2012, 05:38:51 PM »
I reserved Xenoblade today at Gamestop though I'm still hoping I can get it from straight from Nintendo's website.

The guy who was ringing me up said he never heard of Xenoblade and asked me about it but then his coworker interrupted and said Xenoblade is a sequel to Xenosaga. So, that happened. /facepalm

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #614 on: February 22, 2012, 06:25:45 PM »
I reserved Xenoblade today at Gamestop though I'm still hoping I can get it from straight from Nintendo's website.

The guy who was ringing me up said he never heard of Xenoblade and asked me about it but then his coworker interrupted and said Xenoblade is a sequel to Xenosaga. So, that happened. /facepalm

Did you correct them? We all must do our part to help educate these highschool rejects.
is your sanity...

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #615 on: February 22, 2012, 06:53:00 PM »
Why are you all getting complete retards? Every single employee I've encountered (including current co-workers) are quite knowledgeable with video games. Granted, they may not know every single game out there, but who does? It seems like the employees in your area should not have been hired. Hell, your knowledge of video games is actually one of the things they look for on the resume!

Offline Morari

• View Profile
« Reply #616 on: February 22, 2012, 11:59:59 PM »
Why are you all getting complete retards?

Because that's the kind of people all mall inlet stores hire? :P

Offline noname2200

• Not a douche. Seriously.
  • Score: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: February 23, 2012, 12:47:25 AM »
Hell, your knowledge of video games is actually one of the things they look for on the resume!

I don't mean this to be snarky or funny, but I question how true this actually is, or at least what brands of knowledge they're looking for. I suspect, from experience, that even casual knowledge of Nintendo systems, at the least, is not really necessary.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: February 23, 2012, 07:04:09 AM »
I wish there was a game store that let me play any game I wanted to. I'd ask them..."Hey! I'm interested in  _____. You think I could try it out for a bit?" And they'd respond happily and tell me to take a seat on the couch over there and wait for them to bring the game.

Like going to a winery, they'd let me sample all that I wanted until I made my decision and left with what I thought was the best game of all.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: February 23, 2012, 08:43:47 AM »
I wish there was a game store that let me play any game I wanted to. I'd ask them..."Hey! I'm interested in  _____. You think I could try it out for a bit?" And they'd respond happily and tell me to take a seat on the couch over there and wait for them to bring the game.

Like going to a winery, they'd let me sample all that I wanted until I made my decision and left with what I thought was the best game of all.

That was Funcoland back when they were still around. We had gaming stations setup, and if we had a used or store copy, then we would let you play it.
That was my first and only retail job. I miss that place, had alot of fun there.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #620 on: February 23, 2012, 04:28:45 PM »
There used to be a used CD store I went to that let you listen to any of the CDs you wanted before you decided whether or not to buy them. I'm sure something like that could be done with used video games as well, but the problem is Gamestop just isn't cool enough to think of that.
is your sanity...

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #621 on: February 23, 2012, 05:24:02 PM »
If it's anything like demo stations at other stores (at least around here), you will just have people playing the game for like 10-15 minutes and not buying it. It also requires you to have a store copy of every single game, which leads to more likely situation of someone bitching that they have to buy a "open" copy of the game (especially if it's something like a Atlus game, which the store will already get only a few copies anyways).
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Morari

• View Profile
« Reply #622 on: February 23, 2012, 05:47:25 PM »
GameStop already rips open enough of their games to sell as "new"... they might as well put some of them to use in demo stations.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #623 on: February 23, 2012, 06:38:06 PM »
Why would it require them to have every copy of every game in existence? The used CD store I went to only let you listen to the CDs they had available. They don't need to let you be able to demo every game in existence, because if its not something they have and are selling then what is the point of letting people demo it anyway? And I am talking about them letting you play used video games, so if they are used that means they are already opened so they don't need to open them up.
is your sanity...

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: March 08, 2013, 08:32:21 PM »
MEGA BUMP.

While I won't take back everything bad I've ever said about GameStop, I have to give credit where credit is due.

I used their online tracker to call about 10 different stores that claimed they had the 3DS version of the Collector's Edition version of Adventure Time in stock.  Finally found a store in Michigan that has it! And they're shipping it to a local store just for lil' ol' me.  Thanks, GameStop!

($10 says it's an open copy that no one bothered to tell me about... but, whatever... beggars can't be choosers, eh?)
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.