Author Topic: Mafia XXXI: Day 4.  (Read 18126 times)

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Mafia XXXI: Day 4.
« on: February 19, 2009, 02:41:27 AM »
Ian "Mr. Resetti" Sane aka Death was still stewing over the failed murder attempts. He decided to strike early instead of waiting late at night.

Death wandered through the village, he was looking for a soul to steal.
He was in a bind 'cos he was way behind so he was willin' to make a deal.
When he came across this young man with some bongos, playin' em hot.
And then Death jumped upon a hickory stump and said: "Boy let me tell you what:
"I bet you didn't know it, but I'm a fiddle player too.
"And if you'd care to take a dare, I'll make a bet with you.
"Now you play a pretty good fiddle, boy, but give the devil his due:
"I'll bet my axe of gold against your soul, 'cos I think I'm better than you."
The boy said: "My name's Vudu and it might be a sin,
"But I'll take your bet, your gonna regret, 'cos I'm the best that's ever been."

Vudu you tighten up your drums and play your bongos hard.
'Cos hells broke loose in Beanerville and the devil deals it hard.
And if you win, you get this shiny axe made of gold.
But if you lose, the devil gets your soul.

The devil opened up his case and he said: "I'll start this show."
And fire flew from his fingertips as he resined up his bow.
And he pulled the bow across his strings and it made an evil hiss.
Then a band of demons joined in and it sounded something like this.
When the devil finished, Vudu said: "Well you're pretty good ol' son.
"But if you'll sit down in that chair, right there, I'll show you how its done."

Sea of the North, now run, man, run.
The devil doesn't see you with that gun.
Shoot him in the head quick, before he know,
"Devil, did you turn white?"
"Go, North, go."

Then Death bowed his head because he knew that he'd been beat.
He laid that golden axe on the ground at Vudu's feet.
Vudu said: "Death just come on back if you ever want to try again.
"I told you once, you son of a bitch, I'm the best that's ever been."

With that, TheNorthSea and Vudu took Death's bullet riddled carcass to the gathering at Town Hall and put it on display. The towns people cheered at this turn of good fortune. Finally, things were starting to go right.

After hearing about the end of Death, Spak-Spang quickly left to take care of his other duties.  He checked his notebook and found the name DAaaMan64.  "Ahhh, I haven't even seen this chap around. I heard he was experiencing high levels of stress and considering what is happening around the village these days, that would be normal. I think I'll go check his house."  When Spak-Spang tried the front door of DAaaMan64's but found it was locked. He tried ringing the doorbell but was greeted with silence. Finally, after making sure no one was around, he raced with all his might to the door. "Raptor Rescue!," he cried, as he did a flying karate kick to the front door.  After bursting through into the main room, he found it empty.  On the second floor he was met with a gruesome sight.  The fact that DAaaMan64 was found dead drowned in his own bathtub wasn't it.  It was the fact that DAaaMan64 was wearing womens' lingerie while holding pictures of himself.  Apparently he had been dancing in the full bathtub, lost his balance, cracked his head on the bathroom wall, and was left to drown in his self-indulgence..."But I can't let this lingerie just go to waste," Spak-Spang giggled. He ran off to his home, leaving the naked Villager's corpse behind...

Later that same night, Spak-Spang had woken up for a late-night snack.  He fumbled around in the dark for the light switch, and he eventually caught hold of it causing light to flood the room.  As his eyes adjusted to the light, he noticed something was wrong.  In the place where his refrigerator used to stand was a big empty space.  "Hey, someone stole my refrigerator!," he cried, "And all my coffee tea that was in it!"  He heard a noise behind her.  "Oh, you can have it back."  Tom Nook pulled a leaf from his coat and threw it above Spak-Spang's head.  It then transformed into his refrigerator, which fell crushing him to death. "Don't you ever try to muscle in on my coffee racket," he yelled at the corpse. Now what should I do with this villager, he wondered.

The next day, Mayor Khushrenada awoke feeling a bit relieved. He didn't have the Resetti nonsense to worry about any more. Now he could focus on the whereabouts of Tom Nook and Crazy Redd. He headed off to the police station to make sure no one had slipped in or out and to see what events were coming up. They were supposed to have a firework display in a couple of days. And he should check out the lost and found bin. Entering the police station, Khushrenada saw Spak-Spang's dead body lying over the bin. "We, uh, found him last night," Copper said, "We, uu, also found your, uh, delicate property." Copper then proceeded to hand over the womens' lingerie that had been stolen. "Uh, yes, uh, well, *cough*, good work on finding, uh, so many things, uh, officer," Khushrenada said, quickly snatching the lingerie and stuffing it under his hat, "Now let's try and find some mafia." "Yes sir," replied Copper.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2009, 12:45:21 AM by Khushrenada »
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXXI: Day 4.
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2009, 02:41:45 AM »
Announcement Post.

Results:

Ian Sane - Death/Mr. Resetti (Killed by Vote)
DAaaMan64 - Villager - (Death by Inactivity)
Spak-Spang - Villager (Killed by Coons)

Voting Deadline is the usual - Midnight EST.

Today is a Crazy Redd hit night. My favorite kind of night.

The following people must vote or die:

Plugabugz

That is all.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 10:20:02 AM by Khushrenada »

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2009, 06:40:26 AM »
Hey guys, Khush has this thread locked so I'm technically breaking a rule, but I won't be able to play today as I'm leaving for Disney and won't be back until after midnight. According to the post I don't have to vote, so i guess that's cool.  See you all tomorrow.
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2009, 10:08:36 AM »
And we're off. Let the day begin.

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2009, 10:12:04 AM »
Well I'm voting for vudu.

Changed from EasyCure, he's just being too quiet this game.

Also I think we should put a limit on the amount of times Maxi can ask for a vote tally, we don't need one everytime a single vote has been made!! Also I'm sure he can count and he doesn't need others to do it for him everytime.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 10:36:21 PM by Dasmos »
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline decoyman

• is a raging alcoholic (and Moppy's #1 fan)
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2009, 10:30:20 AM »
Umm, maybe we should like have some sort of strategy or something, instead of randomly picking out people to vote for, and such?

Death could have helped whittle down the mafia numbers if he were still around... as such, we're gonna have to use our brains, I suppose.

I'm a broken record, but... Vote NovaQ.

P.S. - DISNEY WORLD (LAND?)? *looks around boring office which is NOT Disney World, is jealous*
« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 10:32:54 AM by decoyman »
Twitter
3DS Friend Code: 3067-7420-5671 (Aaronaut)

Offline NWR_DrewMG

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2009, 10:44:21 AM »
Umm, maybe we should like have some sort of strategy or something, instead of randomly picking out people to vote for, and such?

We haven't (or at least, *I* haven't) heard anyone claiming to be Copper, and that's generally where the strategy starts.   It'd be nice to get some confirmed mafia members by an unconfirmed detective, so we have people to look at.

So will the real Copper please stand up?
Your conversational partner has disconnected.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2009, 10:48:45 AM »
I'm not gonna sleep through this day.  I promise.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2009, 11:07:00 AM »
vote nickmitch.

I been away the past few days coz of stress/benjamin button.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 07:07:52 PM by Plugabugz »

Offline NWR_DrewMG

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2009, 11:07:46 AM »
vote drewmg. I will change this later.

I hope you do. 

Offline decoyman

• is a raging alcoholic (and Moppy's #1 fan)
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2009, 12:17:11 PM »
Danger Mouse walked up to the town message board warily, eyes scanning the area, ears perked for the slightest footfall. You could never be too careful in a place like this. Luckily, the coast was clear, which was none too surprising... the townsfolk were staying inside for fear of the warring mafias and to keep from arousing suspicions. As was usually the case, the brave few who dared to venture out of their homes instead of hiding away, were being targeted for elimination.

Glancing around one last time, DM began to write on the board.

"The ones who hide away are the ones you should fear..."

He paused, thought, then continued quickly.

"I know who you are."

With that, he darted off, heading for Nook's. Nook's guilt or innocence at this point was irrelevant – DM needed a watering can for the new patch of tulips he'd planted the day before.

"What?" DM said, turning to the camera. "I need some semblance of normalcy, ok?"
Twitter
3DS Friend Code: 3067-7420-5671 (Aaronaut)

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2009, 12:44:24 PM »
I was looking through my lists and Crimm was pretty active after the vote in the first 2 days.He also voted for Gylldas on Day 2. That night Gylldas was killed.
For now I am going to un Vote Crimm.
Vote NovaQ
« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 09:49:45 PM by Maxi »
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2009, 02:13:52 PM »
HOLY CRAP I AM STILL ALIVE HELLO EVERYBODY ITS GOOD TO BE ALIVE

Offline TofuFury

• Made you look!
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2009, 03:11:10 PM »
I'm going to Vote NickMitch because there's something I don't trust about him. He only voted on day two, and he only voted for someone who voted for him.
TheNorthSea/TofuFury

"So, Mike, no skydiving Grandma, huh? Man, they lead you up to something great, and then they just shoot it down. Stupid grandma-leaver-outers" - Tom Servo

Offline NWR_DrewMG

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2009, 03:50:00 PM »
I'm going to stick with Maxi.

Vote Crimm

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2009, 04:01:37 PM »
Ok I have to go to school.I will be back before the vote ends.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline NovaQ

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
    • dudeldopp
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2009, 04:51:11 PM »
Wow, I must have not messed up as badly this time! Finally, one of the frightening animal-people reached out to me. He didn't try to kill me or anything! And you know, these talking animals don't seem as scary in the daytime as they do at night. Maybe it's because there aren't as many of them out during the day, but who knows - things around here may not be as bad as I thought.

Although, the town message board has me a little spooked. How could someone around here know who I am? And why are they putting it up for everyone to see? Hasn't anyone else ever tried to turn a new leaf and start over again? And did I just see someone spying on me from behind a tree?! Maybe it was just the bark, but whoever it was looked a little brown and lumpy. Was it that toad-thing, vudu? He seems a little suspicious to me, so before I lock myself away in toad-tinted fear, I vote vudu.
I like to do drawings.
Blaarg
Wii: 7332 2646 9948 9927

Hello new job, goodbye life...

Offline NuclearSpeed

• Cocaine is a hell of a drug
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2009, 05:28:42 PM »
Just checking from the road to see what is going on.
We took out both killers with the vote early? That must be a record or something, now if only we could get that bomber than we could really gang up on the mafias with no fear.

I'll be back on in a few maybe someone will drop off some letters for me.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2009, 05:45:26 PM »
What's up with all this VOTE VUDU crap?  Screw you guys.  Can I at least get a reason why?

[vudu's] just being too quiet this game.

I'm being quite because there's honestly not a lot to say.  The bomber is making people afraid to bandwagon.  We almost wound up with a 14-way tie on day 2!  That's nuts!

Since we haven't killed any mafia members yet I'm having trouble finding someone who stands out as overly suspicious.  I can't say "so-and-so voted with a known mafia member to kill such-and-such on day two!" because it hasn't happened yet.  These days where we spread out the votes to pretty much everyone make it very easy for mafia members to hide in the crowd.  As long as one of their own isn't going to die why should they care who gets voted out?  There's no need to stick out their neck and try to start a bandwagon.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2009, 05:53:06 PM »
I'm going to Vote NickMitch because there's something I don't trust about him. He only voted on day two, and he only voted for someone who voted for him.

Correction:  I voted for someone randomly.  That someone then voted for me in response.  I believe you're misinterpreting what happened there.

In any case, Vote TheNorthSea, but only in self-defense.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2009, 06:27:41 PM »
Just checking from the road to see what is going on.
We took out both killers with the vote early? That must be a record or something, now if only we could get that bomber than we could really gang up on the mafias with no fear.

I'll be back on in a few maybe someone will drop off some letters for me.

Stevey was a good guy. K.K. Slider could only kill bad guys without dying himself. There was nothing positive, from a townie perspective, about his death.

Also what has happened with Copper? Why haven't they made any discoveries mafia-wise?

Also with Death out the way there's no reason why Copper can't just stand up up announce who they are, because there will be protection from the mafia hits from Sable.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 06:39:02 PM by Dasmos »
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline TheFleece

• K.K. Slider Vinyl Collector
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2009, 06:52:59 PM »
I'm going to trust Maxi and DrewMG on this one

Vote Crimm

Unvote for Crimm!
« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 10:15:33 PM by TheFleece »
Handhelds at Heart
---
It's like a finger pointing away to the moon....
You don't want no part of this ***!
Animal Crossing New Leaf Pics

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2009, 06:53:34 PM »
Also with Death out the way there's no reason why Copper can't just stand up up announce who they are, because there will be protection from the mafia hits from Sable.

This is key, but there are a couple minor problems with it.  First, Blanca is still in the game.  She can kill the Copper and take his role if she chooses to.  Second, if Cube tries to take out the copper Sable dies.  (Right?  This is from memory, so I may be wrong about how the role works.)  Either way, once Sable's dead the Copper is as good as gone.

If the Copper hasn't found out anything worthwhile it's best to keep his mouth shut for the time being.  However, if he knows of a couple mafia identities I agree that it's probably best for him to come forward.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2009, 06:55:45 PM »
The following people must vote or die:

Plugabugz

Why isn't Crimm included in this list?  He didn't vote yesterday and the rules state that you have to vote every other day.

I don't like that Crimm isn't actively playing the game so I'm all for voting him out, but if he's going to die from inactivity anyway what's the point?  Let's focus our attention on someone who's a threat.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2009, 07:12:35 PM »
Vudu it is every 3 days.Go check the Day 1 thread.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 07:19:07 PM by Maxi »
Alexis, she/her/Miss