Author Topic: Official Club Nintendo Thread  (Read 504722 times)

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
Re: Official Club Nintendo Thread
« Reply #1325 on: May 29, 2012, 08:45:27 AM »
Well, with all the sad changes to Club Nintendo surveys, I'm thrilled to report there's been a new change that, while very minor, is awesomely helpful.

Surveys in your To-Do List are now in order of when they expire!  Knowing this, you should be able to come up with a pretty decent estimate of what year they expire.  Worst case, you know what order to do them in.

Very helpful indeed.  Thanks for the heads-up!
NNID: ejamer

Offline MisterE13

• Student of the NWR Forums
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: May 29, 2012, 01:05:26 PM »
Whew, just read this entire thread while bored XD

Did I see something about software downloaded before linking the account with your console not counting? Because that kinda sucks and seems to work against the way they present it in their FAQs.

[...]

To return to my original point, I downloaded PokéDex 3D, SwapNote, Four Swords, and Nintendo Video before linking (or even creating) my account.  Were any of those worth coins that are lost to me? Can I get them be re-downloading the games? Will I have to restart Four Swords or my PokéDex?

So if anyone was wondering if I got any of this fixed, I finally sent a little email to Nintendo customer service the other day:

Quote from: MisterE13
[...] Club Nintendo and 3DS username MisterE13. I have not purchased any DSiWare or 3DS exclusive software. As a result, I was not aware that I may have missed the opportunity to earn Club Nintendo coins by owning and completing surveys coins for the software that I have downloaded for free. While completing other surveys, I noticed information about coins available for those who downloaded Nintendo Video. The option to fill out a survey for that software was never available to me on Club Nintendo, nor were any coins awarded to me for downloading it or any other software. This has caused me to question whether I've missed this opportunity, and perhaps others, to let my voice be heard and help improve the Nintendo games of the future. Of note, I have also downloaded The Legend of Zelda Four Swords-Anniversary Edition, Pokédex 3D, and SwapNote, as well as all the e-Shop demos (though I doubt the demos are applicable for surveys).

I would be very grateful for any help you could provide with retrieving any surveys/coins which are due to me (if such a thing would even be possible). I would be able to provide receipt numbers upon request for anything that would be of use.

Thank you in advance

Quote from: NoA
Thanks for contacting us. Using the information you provided, I was able to locate your Club Nintendo account and add all of the apps and games that are eligible to be added to your list of registered products. You will see the updated data when you log in to your Club Nintendo account.

Please note that eligible applications or Virtual Console games will generate only a Post-Play Survey, which will appear on your To-Do list seven days after the game is registered. When registering the Netflix application, a Product Registration Survey will appear right away. Post Play Surveys expire 120 days after the game's original registration. Product Registration surveys expire seven days after the registration date. Please review the date listed next to the survey in your To-Do list to ensure that you take the survey before it expires.

So 10 coins each for Nintendo Video and Pokédex 3D get! :D

Offline noname2200

• Not a douche. Seriously.
  • Score: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: May 29, 2012, 03:22:25 PM »
Well, with all the sad changes to Club Nintendo surveys, I'm thrilled to report there's been a new change that, while very minor, is awesomely helpful.

Surveys in your To-Do List are now in order of when they expire!  Knowing this, you should be able to come up with a pretty decent estimate of what year they expire.  Worst case, you know what order to do them in.

I tip my hat to you, sir.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 71
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #1328 on: May 29, 2012, 06:28:48 PM »
Pokemon Conquest is up for Intend to Buy, for those of you who love strategic use of Bidoof.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: June 01, 2012, 11:28:34 AM »
Huge news: https://club.nintendo.com/coin-values.do

Club Nintendo coin values are changing for a bunch of games, starting next month (7/1).  Many games are worth fewer points to closer match up with their current retail values, some games have actually increased in point value though.  Check out the charts to see if any game codes you've been hanging onto are going to be adjusted.

(Source: I didn't find this myself, but it was posted via www.nintendolife.com.)

Also, the new Club Nintendo rewards are posted:
  • Maboshi Arcade (WiiWare) - 150 points
  • Donkey Kong (3DS VC) - 100 points
  • Brain Age Express: Sudoko (DSiWare, 3DS required) - 150 points
  • Kirby Super Star (Wii VC) - 150 points
Donkey Kong is the best of the lot in my opinion, offering a great game for a relatively small number of points.  But all of the options are solid entries depending on what you like to play.  The biggest detractor to Kirby Super Star is that it might be on the upcoming Anniversary compilation disc.

Yesterday I was wondering if Nintendo was going to make a real effort to get people to burn their points and register any games they might have been "saving" for Platinum Status next year.  Seems like both the new games and changes to point values have this in mind.  Well, worked for me.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: June 01, 2012, 10:57:20 PM »
Well, I already bought Kirby Super Star when it originally came out, so once again there was nothing for me this month.  Because I had 350 coins expiring at the end of the month, I decided to redeem 800 of my coins in for the Hanafuda card set, which is what I said last year I'd get if Nintendo put nothing worth buying out this last year.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline MisterE13

• Student of the NWR Forums
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: June 01, 2012, 11:56:03 PM »
Huge news

So the Wii games that I didn't register are dropping dramatically in value while the handful of DS games that I have registered are mostly increasing!  :@

And I already have 520 points...  :'(

Moral of the story kids, don't do in January what can be put off till June, Big Business can and will screw you over... in two seperate ways... in one fell swoop...

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: June 02, 2012, 12:28:26 AM »
I'm sitting on 47 surveys (Some registration, some post-play), 22 games to register and 570 coins in the bank.

And now get to figure out the best way to do these surveys.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 12:48:56 AM by UncleBob »
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline TheFleece

• K.K. Slider Vinyl Collector
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #1333 on: June 02, 2012, 01:22:17 AM »
I'm sitting on 47 surveys (Some registration, some post-play), 22 games to register and 570 coins in the bank.

I've got 45 surveys to do, several for this month and I've saved 640 coins. I'm sort of holding out for the Hanafuda Cards, but I also like the towels- I have the blue one and I wouldn't mind getting the other two. I also want the t shirt, but I feel like I can hold out on it.
Thanks to the shake up I've got to set time aside to do surveys. I think I'm just going to do them in chunks per month and try to stay a month ahead of the expiration date.
Handhelds at Heart
---
It's like a finger pointing away to the moon....
You don't want no part of this ***!
Animal Crossing New Leaf Pics

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: June 02, 2012, 01:33:01 AM »
The Hanafuda cards are pretty sweet.  I'd talk about them, but you can probably find various reviews that do a better job and have all kinds of photos all over the net at this point. :D
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline noname2200

• Not a douche. Seriously.
  • Score: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #1335 on: June 03, 2012, 04:37:38 PM »

Put up the 22 games for bidding!

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: June 03, 2012, 05:11:00 PM »
Too late.  Already figured everything out. Registered 11, have 11 left to register, then bought another. ;)

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: June 16, 2012, 11:39:43 AM »
Hopefully everyone who wanted one of the cool 18 card game cases for your DS/3DS ordered already.  They are sold out again, but apparently for good this time!  I wonder what the next good reward will be?

Too bad, after just receiving one I was very impressed and would've loved to order another. Oh well - having one is certainly better than none.

NWR Review: http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/blog/30204
News that it's gone: http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=179419

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: June 16, 2012, 03:34:15 PM »
I've got 1300 coins (not expiring yet) and no idea what to spend it on. Is there anything I should be interested in as a Nintendo fan / collector? Hanafuda cards? BOTH Game & Watch DS games? Game & Watch Ball? (Man, if they had Game & Watch Donkey Kong Jr. I'd buy TEN!!!)
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Shaymin

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #1339 on: June 16, 2012, 05:13:59 PM »
If it's not expiring, I'd hold off for now or use it on downloads that catch your eye.

Or if you're a Goozex user, grab G&W Collection 2 (950 points!)
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: June 16, 2012, 07:08:54 PM »
Does anyone know the coin value of Pikmin 2? It isn't on the list of games with changing coin values, so I don't know if it's 50 now and going down to 20 or if it's already 20 right now. I'm trying to figure it out if I should register it now or next month.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 07:11:30 PM by Mop it up »

Offline Shaymin

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #1341 on: June 16, 2012, 08:14:16 PM »
Right now it's 60 (50+10 for the first month bonus) as per the bottom of the Club Nintendo homepage.
Tutorial box out.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: June 18, 2012, 02:02:14 PM »
Well, I logged into my account and did a bunch of registrations and surveys. More to do but I actually hit gold status this year. Might fall short of Platinum by a bit.

Got a lot of expiring coins. Might get the messenger bag or one of the Game & Watch items. 510 expiring out of about 1200 total.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: June 18, 2012, 03:56:38 PM »
The messenger bag is pretty nice. I got mine specifically to carry with me around the show at at E3, and it worked great.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: June 18, 2012, 04:17:09 PM »
Well, I logged into my account and did a bunch of registrations and surveys. More to do but I actually hit gold status this year. Might fall short of Platinum by a bit.

Got a lot of expiring coins. Might get the messenger bag or one of the Game & Watch items. 510 expiring out of about 1200 total.

I might have a couple extra 3DS codes if you're really that close to Platinum Stratos. Be a shame to miss it by something as small as 30 or 40 points.

Offline TheFleece

• K.K. Slider Vinyl Collector
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #1345 on: June 18, 2012, 06:36:37 PM »
I just got a Club Nintendo email offering me a chance to play the Wii U later this month. Of course I lunged at the opportunity because the last time I got this type of email was for a Super Mario anniversary event, but there was a system error and my rsvp was lost. This time  I got in, I'm excited to play it because I'm not totally sold on the Wii U system. Hopefully this will help me make a decision.
Handhelds at Heart
---
It's like a finger pointing away to the moon....
You don't want no part of this ***!
Animal Crossing New Leaf Pics

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: June 18, 2012, 06:51:01 PM »
Does anyone happen to have a spare code for Mario Kart DS or Tetris DS they'd like to trade? I bought these games used and they didn't come with a Club Nintendo insert. I can offer to trade it for a code from New Super Mario Bros., Super Mario 64 DS, or The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: June 18, 2012, 08:33:35 PM »

I might have a couple extra 3DS codes if you're really that close to Platinum Stratos. Be a shame to miss it by something as small as 30 or 40 points.

Well, shucks, I would appreciate that a lot. By my calculations I will be 10 points short for platinum. Though I also noticed that my Wii is no longer connected to the Club for some reason (might net me a lot more coins from WiiWare games). Give me a week to straighten that out and clear out the rest of my surveys to make sure my math was right and I'll hit you up for one.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: June 26, 2012, 12:36:14 AM »

Well, shucks, I would appreciate that a lot. By my calculations I will be 10 points short for platinum. Though I also noticed that my Wii is no longer connected to the Club for some reason (might net me a lot more coins from WiiWare games). Give me a week to straighten that out and clear out the rest of my surveys to make sure my math was right and I'll hit you up for one.

Any updates Stratos?

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: June 27, 2012, 03:26:07 PM »
If not Startos, then is anyone out there just like 30-40 coins away from Platinum and want to see if my spare 3DS game codes for Pilot Wings Resort, Steel Diver, or Mario 3D Land, or maybe some other games, can help them out?