Author Topic: know or met anyone famous??  (Read 10812 times)

Offline djb1986

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
know or met anyone famous??
« on: April 07, 2003, 06:46:08 AM »
i haven't, what about any one else?  

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
do you know or have you met anyone famous??
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2003, 07:28:29 AM »
I saw Chad Kroeger from Nickleback at a restaurant in Langley BC (my hometown) once.  He was talking on a cel phone the whole time and laughed at me when I walked by him "on the way to the washroom".  Considering he laughed when my friend did the same thing I don't think we fooled him.  The coolest thing about it was that usually any celeb will be in Vancouver.  The odds of seeing one in Langley (which is like the furthest suburb from downtown) is very rare.

Aside from that I've only encountered famous people in situations where I'm supposed to see them like at an autograph signing or something.

Offline nolimit19

• The Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2003, 08:44:04 AM »
i saw ross from friends eating with this hot chick in hollywood once.....and i have seen a few others, but he is the one that stands out the most in my mind, cuz it was close up, and everyone knows who he is......i dont know anyone famous personally though. and i have never talked to anyone famous.
A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be. Moderation in temper is always a virtue; but moderation in principle is always a vice.

Thomas Paine

Offline nitsu niflheim

• Eye-Candy Andy
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2003, 09:35:10 AM »
I met Tom Clancy once, he's a stuck up, pompous ass.  

I also met Brookes Robinson when I was little, I have a baseball and glove both autographed by him as well from when I met him.
Currently Reading:  Odd Apocalypse ~ Dean Koontz
Currently Watching:  ?

Offline thecubedcanuck

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2003, 10:09:09 AM »
I played a round of golf with Phil Mickelson and Tom Lehman a few years ago.
I have also spoken to Chris Pronger on several occasions as he and my wife are old school friends.
Also once when getting groceries we saw Kim Bassinger in the store (she was in town filming a movie), we never approached her however.
Having sex when your 90 is like shooting pool with a piece of rope

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2003, 10:17:07 AM »
this wont mean much to americans, but i met Ian Healy at work, i gave him ham! beat that! the day after that i walked past him on the way home

Offline Joshums

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2003, 10:23:18 AM »
I talked to Kenny Chesney on the phone once.
Ph33r teh Joshums!!!11

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2003, 11:21:17 AM »
My uncle is Jeff Foxworthy. He married my mom's sister, has two kids, and lvies in Alpharetta, Georgia. Through him, I've met Jay Leno, Paula Abdul, John Smoltz (when shark fishing with his son and him), and Bill Engval.
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline rpglover

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2003, 11:53:11 AM »
well i have met donovan mcnabb and allen iverson (i do live in pa) along with most of the other sports people in philly
oh yeah- larry bowa- the greatest person!
other than those teams and stuff not really but i feel good about seeing them and getting their autographs
i call the big one bitey.

Offline manunited4eva22

• Got 1337?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2003, 12:03:32 PM »
I have only met the guys from Queens of the Stone Age, damn.

Offline Chasefox

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2003, 12:58:16 PM »
Anyone seen the Legend of Bagger Vance?  Well the kid caddy in it was my roommate at tennis camp.  His name was James Michael Moncreif, and he was relly cool.  I guess he's not that famous.  But I haven't met anyone other than that.
Wii #: 5265 0575 1339 3836<BR><BR>Guitar Hero #:  <BR>4553-8748-6319<BR><BR>PM me if you add my #

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2003, 01:40:23 PM »
  I met Kevin Smith at a lecture. and Jason Mewes at their comic book store here in jersey.(Clerks,Mall Rats, Chasing Amy, Dogma, Jay amd Silent Bob, Jersey Girl)  Kevin Smith is real down to earth, and Jay, is, well Jay...

I also met Michael Keaton years ago, during the making of 'Clean and sober'.  The house in the movie was in my development in southern Jersey.  He was real cool, and signed a bunch of stuff.

Also, Allen Iverson hangs at TGIF in Philly, so I walked up to him once, ..once.  He had alot of big dudes with him, but he too, was extremely cool.  Thats about it for me.  Oh wait, I was on the 'Al Albert show'(if anyone knows what that is) when I was like, 4.  I lost the joke contest, so i hate mr. Albert.
"If a man comes to the door of poetry untouched by the madness of the muses, believing that technique alone will make him a great poet, he and his sane compositions never reach perfection, but are utterly eclipsed by the inspired madman." Socrates

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2003, 04:04:27 PM »
I met Mandy Moore when she was in Bankstown Square, even got a kiss off her! No kidding!
She is VERY tall though.
I actually saw Natalie Portman and Hayden Christensen at Bondi. I was on the bus though. So it would have been really something to put on my website!
He's not really famous, but Tim Bailey, the weather man (when he was still a presenter for Totally Wild) came to our school when I was in year 5, cause my teacher's son was a magician who worked with animals (Totally Wild is a show about wildlife and such).

Oh, and let's not forget me, Mario and Infernal Monkey with Jade Gatt and Ryan Lapp from Cheez TV a couple of weeks back!
Comin at ya with High Level Course Language and Violence

Offline GoldShadow1

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2003, 05:01:00 PM »
God called me once - it was the wrong number.

The only famous person I've ever met is Susan Fletcher, who nobody has heard of anyway - I have a signed copy of her book, Dragon's Milk.

Offline dafunkk12

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2003, 05:25:54 PM »
The past two year, my school's Beta Club and golf team members got to carry the score signs during a Legends of the PGA (Senior PGA...) tourney at the nearby World Golf Village in historic St. Augustine, FL.  I'm sure everyone else who I went with was famous, but my best match up was with Arnold Palmer and Jack Nicklaus (who also designed this particular golf course they played on).  I got autographed golf balls from all of 'em.  Every so often the golfers would make a little small talk with me.

I think the photographer/camera men make an effort not to get us score-sign-holders in the shot because I watched the tourney on TV and looked at pics in the newspaper and didn't see any of the other people.  However, people tell me that I did manage to make it in to a shot on ESPN.

Offline Tman

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2003, 12:34:11 AM »
I've met Vinny Lecavalier and Khabibulin. but i doubt anyone here knows who they are.

Offline Uncle Rich AiAi

• Abandoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2003, 01:50:47 AM »
i've met plenty of famous aussie

i saw Allen Border at my school once.  even footballers worked there as teachers.  and i've met heaps, including Wayne Carey (years ago, it wasn't hard to know he was a jerk!)

i saw michael klim once.  heck, he went to my school (i think, better ask my sister)

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2003, 04:56:36 AM »
I met Peter Main back at Space World 2001. Nice guy. really Knows how to communicate. Damn thing was I was acting like a school girl.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline Artimus

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2003, 05:12:01 AM »
I've met Alan Rickman. After a play he was doing in New York. And I also met Kathleen Turner and saw Alicia Silverstone, the same way.

Offline Gamer1982

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2003, 05:44:54 AM »
I was sitting right behind Alan Rickman at the Royal Court Theatre in Sloane Square a few weeks ago.  I guess he likes hitting up the theatre.  Everyone kept saying "look!  Its the professor!".  I'm sure he was annoyed.

Offline aoi tsuki

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2003, 11:25:51 AM »
i...

...sold Joe Dumars (ex Detroit Pistons player) a computer.
...ran into Jeff Bridges. He looked like a bum (not meaning to be an insult), but he seemed to be a nice guy.
...almost sold Snoop Doggy Dogg some Dreamcast games. One of his bodyguards tried to get some free (and unreleaed) games off of me.
...actually sold some games to an NSYNC member. i didn't know who he was until one of my coworkers told me.
...talked to Tim Allen about some games. He hand't shaved and looked pretty rough. i guess i was expecting the "Tim" from Home Improvement...
...saw Eminem in our store (then Babbages) back in 98 (?). i didn't know who he was, and when someone told me, i still didn't know.
"Snake felt a hunger for Meryl blossom within his loins."

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2003, 11:35:21 AM »
I'm close friends with "Crazy" Billy Berghammer.  :-D
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline DevilishDude

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2003, 11:46:40 AM »
Wow Aoi, where do you work? I wanna get a job there too
:: My name Smeedle
:: Tingle, Tingle... Koolah Limpah! These are the magic words Tingle created himself. Don't steal them!

:: Homestar Runner Quote Of The Week:
:: Ow! My Stomach Lining

Offline thecubedcanuck

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2003, 12:04:47 PM »

I've met Vinny Lecavalier and Khabibulin. but i doubt anyone here knows who they are.

As a former Winnipeger and huge Jets fan I saw Khabibulin get his first NHL shut out. Reminds me, I was drunk at a party with Keith Tkchuck (he has totaled btw)
Having sex when your 90 is like shooting pool with a piece of rope

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2003, 01:49:17 PM »
Oh yeah, and John Brogden, now the NSW State Opposition Leader, came to my school during assembly to talk about his upcoming election campaign.
Thats cause he went to my school.
Comin at ya with High Level Course Language and Violence