Author Topic: Summer Drought Time! What will keep you busy?  (Read 18010 times)

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
Summer Drought Time! What will keep you busy?
« on: June 11, 2008, 03:54:40 PM »
With the classic Summer drought coming into effect (outside random garbage games like MGS4 and Soul Calibur 4 *tee hee*), what will keep you busy as we wait for E3?  Will you be playing those garbage games I mentioned?  Will you just sit around on your computer counting down the time?  Will you...GO OUTSIDE!? =O

As for myself, I have my own backlog I need to catch up on...

(All unopened...I feel sorry for them! :()

I'm also replaying Half-Life 2 (PC version) and Mass Effect at the moment, though I'll be quitting those so I can play my unopened ones...
« Last Edit: June 11, 2008, 03:56:31 PM by Bill Aurion »
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
Re: Summer Drought Time! What will keep you busy?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2008, 03:56:59 PM »
A backlog 2 years in the making.
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Maverick

• Internet newbie :-)
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2008, 03:57:58 PM »
(outside random garbage games like MGS4 and Soul Calibur 4 *tee hee*)

HAHAHAAHAHAHAAHhahahahahahahahaahgahahaI HATE YOU SO MUCH.
Come play with my Twitter.

Offline Nick DiMola

• Staff Alumnus
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
    • PixlBit
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2008, 04:02:19 PM »
A backlog 2 years in the making.

Sounds familiar...

Most immediate, I have to finish Drone Tactics for review. After that, Metal Gear Solid 4 has precedence. Once I finish that Okami still needs to be finished as does No More Heroes and Assassin's Creed. From there I will check out the 10 game backlog I already built up for myself with PS3 and PSP games.
Check out PixlBit!

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2008, 04:03:12 PM »
Tons of **** I need to catch up on. I'm about 90% through Boom Blox, I'm less than 50% through Fire Emblem, I need to start Okami, I need to start Final Fantasy: My Title's to Long (Thanks Crimm), need to play some Winback PS2, get Wii Fit, get a hold of the old DDRs, and tons o' other k-rap I need to play.

I'm also honing my guitar skills and am learning how to ride motorcyles.  Kinda cool
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2008, 04:50:09 PM »
I have so many backlogged games I most likely won't even get through all of them before the summer ends.

Okami, NMH, and Boom Blox haven't even been touched yet.  I still need to finish Z&W.

On the DS side, I'm currently making my way through The World Ends With You.  And once FF IV hits in July I'm in trouble.

EDIT:  Oh ****!  And I haven't even bought Mario Kart yet.  I need to quit my job.

EDIT #2:  Damnit!  And I haven't even touched WiiWare yet.  I have about 3 games on there I want to play.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2008, 04:55:52 PM by vudu »
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline animecyberrat

• Official NWR Lindsay Lohan Fan
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2008, 04:53:58 PM »
I am thinking about fixing my car and making the big move up north, in the mean time I am gonna unveil some new projects related to my website, gaming related, and go back and finish up Dragon Blade.
"You can call me THE RAT, thank you very much"

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2008, 05:56:48 PM »
My to do list:

Lost Winds
Try the Penny-Arcade demo
Bully
Okami
Phoenix Wright 3
Ace Attorney 4 (?)
Boom Blox (maybe)

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2008, 06:59:21 PM »
I have a lot of Wii and DS games and because of that I have a lot of half-finished Wii and DS games so I'm planning to finish a bunch of stuff, basically every game I have because I haven't beaten anything on the Wii and I've only beaten a handful of games on the DS.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2008, 07:18:06 PM »
I'm almost thru with FFCC Loli-Shota-WiiWare and Mario Galaxy.

Brawnline and Mario Kart WFC are major interruptions.

Gotta work on Boom Blox, BWii, Aria of Sorrow, Rabbids 2, Tales of Phantasia, Trauma Centers, Rebel Strike.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2008, 07:51:05 PM »
Personally not sure.  Also Bill Gunstar Hereos and the GBA Version are pretty much the same game.  I was so disappointed by that.  Rune Factory is good but it takes way way to long to get to the courting portion and where you can upgrade tools etc.  Folklore is also good if a little annoying on the "Over World" and there isn't enough quests.

For 30 bucks I have all the Devil May Cry's for PS2 and I'll try to play through them.  Do some WiiFit.  Finally beat Wind Waker. I might go back to Boom Blox but I'm annoyed by the game because the part I won't to play is still locked and I've literally beaten everything unlocked except two items and one is the last Cat one and I totally despice that mission because I feel like I'm fighting the camera more then playing the game.

PS3 Owners 3 words Pixel Junk Monsters... If you haven't yet.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Smoke39

• Smoking is only bad for you if you're not made of smoke already
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2008, 07:55:12 PM »
I've been playing with my N64.  Turok is awesome.
GOREGASM!

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2008, 08:23:01 PM »
Personally not sure.  Also Bill Gunstar Hereos and the GBA Version are pretty much the same game.  I was so disappointed by that.  Rune Factory is good but it takes way way to long to get to the courting portion and where you can upgrade tools etc.  Folklore is also good if a little annoying on the "Over World" and there isn't enough quests.

I have no problem with Gunstar Heroes being the same...In fact, I probably prefer it considering the original is perfect... :cool;

I got Folklore because I'm an ARPG-whore, but it being a decent game is good to hear... ='D
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2008, 09:13:52 PM »
There is no summer drought.
Bill is purposedly ignoring Too Human.
There will also be games like: Operation Darkness (360), Tales of Vesperia(360), Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway(360), Infinite Undiscovery(360), Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo's Dungeon(Wii), Etrian Odyssey II: Heroes of Lagaard(DS), Space Invaders Extreme(DS), Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift(DS), etc. I used the IGN release dates.
... Holy crap! Most of those games are RPGs. Mint! More games I buy that I will put on my already big backlog collection.

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2008, 11:08:13 PM »
My to do list:

Lost Winds
Try the Penny-Arcade demo
Bully
Okami
Phoenix Wright 3
Ace Attorney 4 (?)
Boom Blox (maybe)

ShyGuy, it costs like 2.00 bucks to ship something to your house. We should start renting stuff to each other :P
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2008, 11:12:31 PM »
There is no summer drought.
Bill is purposedly ignoring Too Human.
There will also be games like: Operation Darkness (360), Tales of Vesperia(360), Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway(360), Infinite Undiscovery(360), Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo's Dungeon(Wii), Etrian Odyssey II: Heroes of Lagaard(DS), Space Invaders Extreme(DS), Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift(DS), etc. I used the IGN release dates.
... Holy crap! Most of those games are RPGs. Mint! More games I buy that I will put on my already big backlog collection.

Well to be fair we have no idea how any of them will turn out, they could be crap (Heck I haven't even heard of half of them).
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2008, 11:15:14 PM »
Hmmmm.... what Wii and DS titles would you be willing to "rent"?

« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2008, 01:24:33 AM »
I'm currently playing through Baroque and Boom Blox for the Wii, and Universe at War for the Xbox.  I plan on picking up one of the newest Mystery Dungeon Pokemon games for the DS, too. 
Not just flowers,I love them all like weeds and     veget
able.

I want to do garden forever.

Offline wandering

• BABY DAISY IS FREAKIN HAWT
    • View Profile
    • XXX FREE HOT WADAISY PICS
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2008, 01:34:46 AM »
Hopefully, I won't play any video games during the drought. This is a bit weird, but, this summer, I'm trying to abstain from fiction. (I haven't been doing a very good job - I've seen several summer blockbusters, and several plays. And There She Is!! Step 3.)
“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2008, 02:06:17 AM »
Abstain from fiction? has it became a problem?

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2008, 04:07:55 AM »
I'm unsure. I'm hyped up for Blastworks and Bangai-O Spirits but I don't think either of them will come out before the end of the summer so I'm thinking about importing (does Bangai-O come out in the US soon? It's set for August here). Does online work with a freeloadered Wii? Rune Factory might be worth a try if it gets released. Soul Bubbles gets a lot of attention lately, any thoughts on that?

Other upcoming games are Brawl and Ninja Gaiden DS but I don't feel very interested in either. Maybe I could get Boom Blox but I'm theoretically still playing Zack & Wiki (stopped at the stupid ship vs octopus level) so I'm not sure I should get another puzzler. Baroque sounds like garbage and I haven't seen a release date for it either. Etrian Oddyssey came out but I doubt I'd like that. I really have no idea what's upcoming but I have a feeling that nothing will really happen until the end of the summer. Mario Kart is right out due to the whole blue shell issue. DQ Swords sucked, right? I might try MoHH2 if that ever comes out. Was also thinking about getting Geometry Wars for the Wii now that it's down to 20 Euros though I have played the DS version pretty much until I got sick of it...

Another thing I've been considering was getting a Wii points card (if I can find one for a decent price, ideally no more than 1-2 Euros more than MSRP) and using some star points to get 100 points in addition to my current 400 so I can get Lost Winds and FFCCMLAK.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2008, 11:44:01 AM »
Are you gonna finish Zack & Wiki or not?

the fish, not as a fish, is the key
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline D_Average

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2008, 12:47:00 PM »
Probably Mario Sunshine and perhaps Super Paper Mario if I find a cheap copy.
Don't hate me, hate the money I see, clothes that I buy
Ice that I wear, clothes that I try....

« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2008, 03:50:00 PM »
Baroque sounds like garbage and I haven't seen a release date for it either.

Baroque is great, but you should probably stay away from it.  It's not for most people.  Roguelikes are niche enough, but Baroque takes the concept and manages to make it even MORE quirky.
Not just flowers,I love them all like weeds and     veget
able.

I want to do garden forever.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2008, 04:55:52 PM »
I have so many backlogged games I most likely won't even get through all of them before the summer ends.

Okami, NMH, and Boom Blox haven't even been touched yet.  I still need to finish Z&W.

On the DS side, I'm currently making my way through The World Ends With You.  And once FF IV hits in July I'm in trouble.

EDIT:  Oh ****!  And I haven't even bought Mario Kart yet.  I need to quit my job.

EDIT #2:  Damnit!  And I haven't even touched WiiWare yet.  I have about 3 games on there I want to play.

EDIT #3: Sh*tballs! I almost forgot I have to put more of my time into playing Easycure's EarthBound. I love it so much so far, I can't believe i haven't given it the attention it deserves. I should quit drinking in celebration, I've been out of school for a while now.

thats more like it.

I have a ton of used GC games i have to finish:

REmake
SF Adventures
Killer 7
MegaMan X: Command Mission (want to kill off some of the bonus bosses, already beat the game)
Donkey Konga 1 & 2 (would like to beat all songs on expert)
F-Zero GX (stupid story mode)

and i have some wii games i need to finish to 100% as well.
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.