Author Topic: Mature MAFIA - Evening 4: Mafia Kombat  (Read 4787 times)

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
Mature MAFIA - Evening 4: Mafia Kombat
« on: June 05, 2008, 10:06:23 PM »
So... Dasmos is dead, by votes.

There's another body that's turned up as well.  Who's is it?  Looks like the folks in the lab are still checking it out...

I wonder how this will all end?
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Re: Mature MAFIA - Evening 4: Mafia Kombat
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2008, 10:54:22 PM »
Well, as some of you figured out, yes, pretty much every player had the power to kill another player off overnight.

Ideally, someone should have realized, there was no real teams in this game.  After all, there was a prize.  I can't really award the prize to an entire team - thus it was every man for himself.

The trick was, however, in vudu's role in the game.  As vudu was killed off on Day 0, he got screwed.  Before the game started (and I handed out the roles), I designed the serial killer role (which Pale got) to be handed out early and to kill someone off before the game started.  This was designed to keep everyone from being afraid to be "the first one out" - and thus afraid to act on the first day.  I knew this Mafia would be short, so I wanted to try to get everyone involved from the beginning.

Additionally, it sucks to be the first one out.  I know, it's happened to me.  Thus, I created the "ghost" role.  The idea of this role was that the ghost (i.e.: the first one killed) got to really screw with the game - While this person wasn't supposed to post in any threads or really interact with other players, he did get to kill off one player every evening without fear of being killed (again) or voted out.  The trick was, however, is that he had to kill every single other player - no one could survive.

So, fast forward to today.  Dasmos was voted out, leaving only Bustin and EasyCure left.  Obviously, they were both online, waiting for the second I ended voting to send me a PM with their hit.  Whomever was too slow died.

But that doesn't mean whomever got through first won.  This is where vudu came in.

If vudu chose the already-dead person, the living person would survive the evening. vudu loses.
If vudu chose the still-living person, everyone would be dead. vudu wins.

So... who got their PM in first?

And who did vudu try to kill?
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2008, 10:56:39 PM »
Fun Fact: Each Day/Evening's title is a play on a "Mature" rated title - with the exception of "Fight Night", although I did use an R rated movie there, so I let it slide. ;)

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
    • Web Design Web Hosting Computer Sales and Service
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2008, 11:04:59 PM »
Oh, I was wondering what was going on. Easycure said he didn't know what you were talking about with the 'night actions', yet enough people were dying for everyone to have sent something in.

This has been a crazy game. I was consoling myself that since I don't get to play the next game that this ending was making up for it. Looks like I could be wrong. Or I could be wrong even sooner than that if Easycure was stringing me along by making up stories of not doing any night actions... At least I got to kill a bunch of people and make it this far.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2008, 11:30:15 PM »
OK UncleBob...your twist to this mafia was absolutely brilliant...and actually I LOVE the ghost role...and I will use it for a future Mafia game I host...not this next one...but definitely will use that role it is brilliant.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2008, 11:39:24 PM »
As I said at the beginning, I created roles for every player.  Each player had their own goal - which was to kill everyone off.  However, as with many Mature titles, there wasn't a whole lot of originality in my creations...

---
Welcome to the Mature Mafia.
Pale:
You have been selected to carry a special role in this round of Mafia.  As with previous mafia games, this round has a serial killer.  You get to be that serial killer.  Each night, you get to select one other member of the game to kill.  Your goal is to be the last one standing.  The game will start out with you having had killed one member of the game before it officially starts - please send me the name of the player you want to kill.  Note, this player will not even get a chance to win the game, so pick wisely.
---
vudu
You have been killed.  The serial killer murdered you in your sleep last night.  You have lost the game.

Do not worry though - you can still get your revenge.  Due to your untimely death, you have become restricted to roaming the town as a spirit.  Each night, you get to come out and kill one member of the game.  While you can't win, you do get to really screw with the game.

A few things you should know:
You cannot vote daily.  You are dead.
You cannot communicate with other players.  You are dead.
You cannot win.  You are dead.
---
NOTE: For this role, I decided it was a bit unfair to say this person could not actually win - thus the change where vudu did have a shot to win.
---
Stevey
You have been selected to carry a special role in this round of Mafia.  You are the Mad Bomber that Bombs at Midnight.  Each night, you get to blow up one other member of the game.  Additionally, if you're voted out of the game, every single person who voted for you will be killed by a mass explosion.

With this role, there are a few special notes you should… err…  note:

You win when everyone except you is dead.

At the end of the daily voting period, I will tally up the votes and end voting.  At this point, you need to send me a PM with your choice of person to kill.

Send the PM as soon as possible, but not before I declare voting over.  If you send a PM before then, your PM will simply be ignored.

Don’t give up your role to anyone - even the dead may be working against you.

I’d say good luck, but it doesn’t matter - you will die.
---
NOTE:I kinda messed up in my narrative.  For some reason, on my own list, I had rat as the bomber, where it should have been assigned to stevey.  This is why rat died in a large explosion... whoops. Plot hole?
---
Dasmos
You have been selected to carry a special role in this round of Mafia.  You are a the copy-cat serial killer.  Each night, you get to select one other player in the game to kill.  Your goal is to be the last one standing - your greatest achievement will be to kill your unknown mentor.

At the end of the daily voting period, I will tally up the votes and end voting.  At this point, you need to send me a PM with your choice of person to kill.

Send the PM as soon as possible, but not before I declare voting over.  If you send a PM before then, your PM will simply be ignored.

---
RABicle
You have been selected to carry a special role in this round of Mafia.  You are Satoru Iwata, President of Nintendo.  Your plans to kill off Hardcore gaming in favor of casual gaming isn't working as quickly as you had hoped - so you have escalated your plan... Each night, you will kill off a hardcore gamer, represented by another player in the game.  You win by killing off all the other players in the game and being the last player standing.

---
blackfootsteps
You have been selected to carry a special role in this round of Mafia.  You are the forum moderator.  Each night, you get to pick another player in the game to ban - and by ban, I mean kill.  While a forum with only one poster isn't very fun, it is important that you assert your authority and make sure everyone respects you - therefore, you must kill every other forum member and be the only one left standing at the end of the game.  You also wear a bucket hat.

---
WindyMan
You have been selected to carry a special role in this round of Mafia.  You are the head of the "Church of the Sacred Man Nipple" - as head of the church, you must destroy all non-believers by selecting one member of the game to kill each night.  Unfortunately for you, you are the only member of this church, and thus must kill every other member of the game in order to win.

---
NOTE: I'm sad I didn't get to use this role more.  WindyMan probably isn't.
---
Athrun Zala
You have been selected to carry a special role in this round of Mafia.  You are the Megaton Countdown expert.  You celebrate every day closer to the megaton announcement by killing another member of the game every night.  Your goal is to kill every other player in the game - bringing you *that* much closer to the Megaton Announcement.

---
decoyman
You have been selected to carry a special role in this round of Mafia.  You are the creepy Anime guy.  You're running low on screen caps to use to reply to posts, so your only option is to stop all new posts - by killing everyone else in the game.  Each night, you will pick one other member of the game to kill - and win by killing everyone so you won't have to worry about not having any new Anime screen caps to post.

---
DAaaMan64
You have been selected to carry a special role in this round of Mafia.  You are Pyramid Head - each night, you get to pick one other member of the game to rape and kill.  You win by raping and killing every other member of the game.

---
NuclearSpeed
You have been selected to carry a special role in this round of Mafia.  You are R.O.B.  Tired of everyone making fun of you for being so absolutely crappy, you have decided to take things into your own claws and kill everyone.  Each night, you get to kill one other member in the game.

---
Khushrenada
You have been selected to carry a special role in this round of Mafia.  You are the forum drunk.  Each night, you get drunk and randomly hit another player of the game.  As you are drunk, you don't get to pick who you hit, but you have to send me a three digit number.  Using this number, I will select the member of the game who you hit and kill.  Of course, you want to be alive at the end of the game.

At the end of the daily voting period, I will tally up the votes and end voting.  At this point, you need to send me a PM with your three digit number so I can determine who will die.

---
NOTE: One of two similar twists, on one hand, this role can't select who they want to kill, thus they couldn't choose to hit more involved members of the game.  However, they never had to worry about missing - sending a PM to kill someone who was already killed.
---
nickmitch
You have been selected to carry a special role in this round of Mafia.  You have a vendetta against every other player in the game and thus want to kill them all.  Each night, you will select one other member of the game to kill - until they're all dead except you.

---
Pryopizm
You have been selected to carry a special role in this round of Mafia.  You are "Buttered Camels".  I'm not sure what this is, but let's just say you get to pick another player every night to kill.  You win by being the last one standing.

---
Spak-Spang
You have been selected to carry a special role in this round of Mafia.   You are The Queen.  Upset that everyone thinks your a crazy-psycho-stalker and ignored your PMs, you decided to become a crazy-psycho-stalker and kill every other player in the game.  Each night, you get to pick another forum member to kill until you are the last one standing.

---
Plugabugz
You have been selected to carry a special role in this round of Mafia.  You are the disgruntled forum member who believed the site staff when they said that Wiis would be easy to get and not to bother pre-ordering.  Since you still haven't gotten a Wii, you've decided to kill everyone (one person a night) and steal their Wiis.  You win when you've killed everyone and stolen their Wiis and are the last player alive.

---
Bill Aurion
You have been selected to carry a special role in this round of Mafia.  You are the NinjaBreadMan.  Upset that your game didn't sell well, you intend to kill everyone who didn't buy your game.  Thus, you must kill every other player to win, since no one bought your game.  Each night, you get to kill someone.

---
Darkheart
You have been selected to carry a special role in this round of Mafia.  You are cattank.  Each night, you randomly roll over some other member of the game.  Since you're a cat, you don't really care who you run over, so you don't get to pick who you hit, but you have to send me a three digit number.  Using this number, I will select the member of the game who you hit and kill.  Of course, you want to be alive at the end of the game.

At the end of the daily voting period, I will tally up the votes and end voting.  At this point, you need to send me a PM with your three digit number so I can select who gets killed.

---
animecyberrat
You have been selected to carry a special role in this round of Mafia.  You are a space marine recently returned to Earth after defeating aliens who intended to control the Earth.  Unfortunately for you, this has left you severely drain bamaged and now you think everyone is an alien.  You must kill everyone using stealth at night, one at a time in order to save the human race - which, in your sick, twisted mind, consists only of you.  To win, you must be the only one left standing.

---
EasyCure
You have been selected to carry a special role in this round of Mafia.  You are a Special Sergeant in the Anti-Terrorist Special Division Tactical Force branch of the US Army.  You have been deployed to stop the terrorists by any means necessary.  As you subscribe to the George W. Bush theory of terrorism, everyone is a terrorist until proven otherwise.  Also, the only means necessary to stop the terrorists is by killing them.  Therefore, each night, you must kill one other player in the game until everyone else is dead and America is free from the terrorists.

---
Crimm
You have been selected to carry a special role in this round of Mafia.  You are Mr. Brown.  Left for dead by your comrades after being shot by the cops during a botched jewel heist, your body was taken to a military research facility where you were implanted with several technological "upgrades" to your human body.  Unfortunately for you, these upgrades drove you mostly insane and now you roam the earth, killing people after dark.  Each night, you get to kill one person until you are the only one left.

---
bustin98
You have been selected to carry a special role in this round of Mafia.  You are an anthropomorphic squirrel with a taste for alcohol.  Now, you've gone nuts (HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!) and have decided that everyone must die - each night, you will kill one other player until you are the only one alive.

With this role, there are a few special notes you should... err...  note:

---
insanolord
You have been selected to carry a special role in this round of Mafia.  You have recently escaped from an insane asylum and made your way to this small community - where you hope to make yourself king by killing everyone and forming yourself a crown from their teeth.  Each night, you sneak out from your hiding spot from under the bridge and kill one townsfolk and take their teeth.

---
MysticSpike
You have been selected to carry a special role in this round of Mafia.  During the day, you are a normal, everyday person.  At night, you transform into ManBearPig.  Hell-bent on destroying the entire human race, your plan at creating a new Ice Age by using Global Warming isn’t working so well, so, instead, you select one person each night to kill.

---

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2008, 11:41:57 PM »
The comment about "the dead working against you" was mostly an empty threat.  I didn't want everyone to work together and figure out that everyone's role was to kill everyone too soon.  Since everyone thought their role was extra special, I hoped they wouldn't work together too much.  Basically, my plan was to screw you all over, having you all working against each other from the beginning while I sat back and watched.

Be sure to post amusing stores you have for my amusement. ;)

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2008, 11:54:22 PM »

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2008, 11:57:12 PM »
Well, to conclude this round of Mafia, I suppose I should announce the winner.  I received Bustin and EasyCure's PMs 4 seconds apart.

And Bustin's came through first.  Therefore, Bustin was the last surviving member of the game...

...But did he make it through the night, or did he have a visitor from beyond the grave?

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2008, 12:00:47 AM »
...no, he didn't.  The spirit of vudu arrived at EasyCure's place, only to find him dead.

And thus, Bustin survives the evening...

...only to find his pet bunny beheaded and demons, recently escaped from a portal to Hell roaming the earth.  Looks like it's up to Bustin to save us all...

...Do demons have nuts?

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2008, 12:18:55 AM »
Depends. 

Some Believe Demons are fallen angels and therefore don't have sexual organs.

Others believe Demons are separate/different than fallen angels, and do in fact have sexual identities. 

Of course this is very catholic doctrine and I do not know a whole lot about other religions.

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
    • Web Design Web Hosting Computer Sales and Service
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2008, 12:38:15 AM »
This is even funnier with the post I made about making a 'yourballs' profile. Easycure said I need to stop messing with his balls. So true, so true.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2008, 03:33:29 AM »
Plugabugz
You have been selected to carry a special role in this round of Mafia.  You are the disgruntled forum member who believed the site staff when they said that Wiis would be easy to get and not to bother pre-ordering.  Since you still haven't gotten a Wii, you've decided to kill everyone (one person a night) and steal their Wiis.  You win when you've killed everyone and stolen their Wiis and are the last player alive.

QFT.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2008, 11:31:50 AM »
This is even funnier with the post I made about making a 'yourballs' profile. Easycure said I need to stop messing with his balls. So true, so true.

So it looks like you one. my balls got in the way so you got a 4 second lead on me, bastard. i told you to stop messin wit em!
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Crimm

• Get your unfiltered Bowsette here!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 1147
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2008, 12:58:31 PM »
Be sure to post amusing stores you have for my amusement. ;)

Done.
James Jones
Mondo Editor
Nintendo World Report

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2008, 01:59:28 PM »
Oh dear.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2008, 04:41:17 PM »
And I actually thought I was being mega mean by offing vudu.
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline animecyberrat

• Official NWR Lindsay Lohan Fan
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2008, 06:18:59 PM »
Hmm... I am still trying to decide if this mafia was more fun than mine or not. I will get back to you in about  a week ok.
"You can call me THE RAT, thank you very much"

Offline decoyman

• is a raging alcoholic (and Moppy's #1 fan)
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2008, 10:50:41 PM »
UB, I just wanted to say, even though I died on the first day, and there was virtually no strategy involved (ok, there was a very different sort of strategy involved, I should say), you held true to your word: there would be blood, and nearly everyone would die horrible deaths. Oh, and your news posts at the beginning were pure win, btw.

So, thanks for organizing this really bizarre game of mafia. And nice job to Bustin for survivin' and killin' and survivin' and killin' some more.
Twitter
3DS Friend Code: 3067-7420-5671 (Aaronaut)