Author Topic: Some real Guitar Hero IV info  (Read 19383 times)

Offline Deep-Six

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Some real Guitar Hero IV info
« on: May 12, 2008, 10:07:11 PM »
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=294354

Guitar Hero 4 (PS3, 360, Wii, PS2)
- Create a song. Although these exclude vocals due to storage and possible copyright issues.
- You'll be able to name your song as well as creating album art. After you've done all that you can upload it to GH Tunes where anyone can download it.
- You'll be limited to 5 songs at first. But depending on the ratings you get you'll possibly be able to upload 10 or more.
- The song sharing mode will be in the Wii and PS2 versions also, but GI says it's unlikely that it'll be as robust as the PS3 and 360 versions.
- Drums, bass, vocals guitar
- Create a rocker
- Create a guitar and drums
- All songs will be master tracks
- They don't want to discuss specifics on track listing out of fear of being scooped by the competition. However they confirmed 4 bands: Van Halen, The Eagles, Linkin Park and Sublime.
- A new guitar designed by Red Octane that includes a new input mechanic that'll "impact the way you play GH in the future".
- GI saw see through notes while playing that Neversoft said was the new input mechanic and that they were trying to patent.

To be honest, with how Gimped the Rock Band Version of Wii is, I'm glad Guitar Hero 4 is going with the whole Drums and Vocal thing.

Offline Shift Key

• MISTER HAPPY-GO-LUCKY
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
Re: Some real Guitar Hero IV info
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2008, 06:02:32 AM »

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2008, 01:27:26 PM »
Wait a second, vocals? KARAOKE TIME?!?!?! Wii better get some DLC now.
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Nick DiMola

• Staff Alumnus
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
    • PixlBit
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2008, 02:45:27 PM »
Guitar Hero == Rock Band
Check out PixlBit!

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2008, 02:49:14 PM »
Hm, now I'm not sure what to do.  I was planning on sending back my copy of GH3 for a refund, but it might be better to hang onto it for a second guitar in GH4.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2008, 04:06:17 PM »
Hm, now I'm not sure what to do.  I was planning on sending back my copy of GH3 for a refund, but it might be better to hang onto it for a second guitar in GH4.

i keep gettting tempted to buy GH3 but now hearing this news i want to hold off. It'd be nice to have the second controller though (if i buy GH3 now) but i won't get the multiplayer going on too often so i might as well just wait and buy GH3 (disc only) for cheap...
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2008, 09:46:03 AM »
This is going to be more of a trainwreck than previous installments.
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2008, 02:01:53 PM »

I wonder how long those cymbal pads will last.
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

Offline UltimatePartyBear

• Voice of Reason
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2008, 02:16:26 PM »
Needs more cowbell pads.

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2008, 02:22:02 PM »
Needs more cowbell pads.

that'd be so awesome.
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline Deep-Six

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2008, 02:51:32 PM »

I wonder how long those cymbal pads will last.
You can actually read the article in this pic:

Seriously now, with how gimped the Wii Rock Band is, Guitar Hero > Rock Band when it comes to Wii.  (Or every system if this works out well)

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2008, 02:57:06 PM »
Needs more cowbell pads.

F*ck why didnt i think of that :(
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2008, 03:27:43 PM »
Seriously now, with how gimped the Wii Rock Band is, Guitar Hero > Rock Band when it comes to Wii.  (Or every system if this works out well)

To me it depends on a few things: Neversoft's note charting which in some songs are flat out retarded, track list (if GH:On Tour is any indication I'll just wait for Rock Band 2 on 360). At this point why doesn't Activision call this Band Hero.

I also don't buy the hardware reliability Red Octane had issues with the explorers and the Les Pauls.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2008, 10:40:09 PM by Flames_of_chaos »

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2008, 10:55:39 PM »
When Activision and EA became the two giants everyone talked about all the negative things that could come from it. This, in my opinion, is a good thing that's coming from it: two superpowers in an arms race, both making games in the same genre trying to one-up each other. This kind of competition could lead to higher quality games from both publishers, and I hope it continues.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2008, 11:21:40 PM »
When Activision and EA became the two giants everyone talked about all the negative things that could come from it. This, in my opinion, is a good thing that's coming from it: two superpowers in an arms race, both making games in the same genre trying to one-up each other. This kind of competition could lead to higher quality games from both publishers, and I hope it continues.

BUT IT'S MONOPOLIES!!
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2008, 12:40:14 AM »
Meh. The drums need to include double kick pedals. It's very easy to add double bass in Rock Band's drums (and probably in this too), but of course no songs actually support it. It would be nice to have the option...oh and Linkin Park and Sublime = fail, unless it's Smoke 2 Joints.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2008, 01:29:40 AM »

So... where's the higher quality?  The gimped version of RockBand we're getting on the Wii?  Or the buggy version of Guitar Hero III we got?

Meanwhile, we've got $50+ controllers we can't use with each other's games...
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2008, 02:01:54 AM »

So... where's the higher quality?  The gimped version of RockBand we're getting on the Wii?  Or the buggy version of Guitar Hero III we got?

I was more talking about the future, but you're right, it does kind of fall apart when you just look at the Wii, though I doubt GH IV will have such a bug, so far it's looking pretty good.

J.P. Corbran

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2008, 09:30:14 AM »

I was more talking about the future, but you're right, it does kind of fall apart when you just look at the Wii, though I doubt GH IV will have such a bug, so far it's looking pretty good.

It damn well better not. Isn't GH3 (wii version) the highest selling of them all? Even with the sound issies??? GH4 better be a from the ground-up affair, and let ps2 owners get a gimped, downgraded wii-port.

Offline Morari

• 46 DC EA D3 17 FE 45 D8 09 23 EB 97 E4 95 64 10 D4 CD B2 C2
  • Score: -7237
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2008, 01:49:36 PM »
It sure would be nice if they just abandoned the PS2 already and instead focused on making the Wii version as good as possible. Granted, we won't be getting quite as horrible PS2-to-Wii treatment that Rock Band is handing out, but the game still won't take full advantage of the Wii. Why can't we get Xbox or GameCube ports instead? Heck, a Dreamcast port would probably show more technical prowess.
"This post has been censored for your protection."

--Bureau of Internet Morality

Offline shammack

• "This space intentionally left blank."
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2008, 07:24:23 AM »
I thought they were going to add keyboards.  Did I dream that?

I don't care if it's Guitar Hero, Rock Band, or a new game altogether, but I want a music game with keyboards!  Sell me the peripheral!

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2008, 11:33:05 AM »
Well I'm not getting either Rock Revolution or GHIV because theres simply no space for those instruments in my room and I am more than confident that Harmonix will deliver with Rock Band 2.

Offline Morari

• 46 DC EA D3 17 FE 45 D8 09 23 EB 97 E4 95 64 10 D4 CD B2 C2
  • Score: -7237
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2008, 11:41:48 AM »
Harmonix can't even deliver with Rock Band 1. Besides, what makes you think that they'll be a sequel anytime soon? They seem pretty adamant about just releasing patches and DLC. Mind you, that is the way that genre should be. At least with a sequel like Guitar Hero IV you have plenty of reasons for its existence.
"This post has been censored for your protection."

--Bureau of Internet Morality

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2008, 11:45:41 AM »
Harmonix can't even deliver with Rock Band 1. Besides, what makes you think that they'll be a sequel anytime soon? They seem pretty adamant about just releasing patches and DLC. Mind you, that is the way that genre should be. At least with a sequel like Guitar Hero IV you have plenty of reasons for its existence.

MTV games sending out a survey about what people feel about possible features for Rock Band 2?? Also Describe how they didn't deliver with rock band 1?

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2008, 06:11:40 PM »
I think he's talking about them not delivering with their overpriced, underfeatured Wii version of Rock Band. If you're going to buy a rock-based rhythm game on the Wii this year, Activision seems to be the horse to bet on.

J.P. Corbran