Author Topic: Thursday  (Read 7080 times)

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
Thursday
« on: April 08, 2008, 12:12:44 AM »
It's a movie, anyone seen it? It's pretty hard to find.

Thomas Jane has a really bad day. Aaron Eckhart plays his brother (I always thought they looked alike)

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
    • Web Design Web Hosting Computer Sales and Service
Re: Thursday
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2008, 02:11:42 AM »
I saw Stardust this weekend. I thought it was very entertaining. Every film needs a group of dead brothers acting as the peanut gallery.

Offline RABicle

• Used to be The Finisher
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2008, 03:10:26 AM »
It's also a subpar emo band.
Pietriots  - Post ironic gaming log.

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2008, 08:40:20 AM »
It's also Mario Kart day

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2008, 11:25:55 AM »
Stardust was pretty good, It seemed to get overlooked when it came out, but I found it enjoyable when I finally watched the DVD.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2008, 02:05:54 PM »
Thursday is awesome.  I saw it on HBO years ago and then spent several years trying to find a copy on DVD for a halfway reasonable price.  No such luck.  BitTorrent to the rescue!
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2008, 04:24:50 PM »
It's also a subpar emo band.

A sucky one to boot
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2008, 05:01:14 PM »
Aren't all emo bands subpar?

Offline Maverick

• Internet newbie :-)
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2008, 06:50:19 PM »
Prequel to Friday?

*Slaps knee.
Come play with my Twitter.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2008, 07:56:45 PM »
Aren't all emo bands subpar?

NO! their not good enough to be sub-par (unless you're one of the people that calls Weezer an Emo band, cuz their awesome..... well their 1st album was)

Prequel to Friday?

*Slaps knee.

Awesome!
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline animecyberrat

• Official NWR Lindsay Lohan Fan
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2008, 08:08:10 PM »
so what are examples of emo bands so I can better form an opinion of this stuff. You talking about crap like Green Day? I tried google search and everything is all cluttered and nothing makes sense. Like nobody has a clear definition of the term.
"You can call me THE RAT, thank you very much"

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2008, 08:35:20 PM »
NO! their not good enough to be sub-par (unless you're one of the people that calls Weezer an Emo band, cuz their awesome..... well their 1st album was)

Pinkerton is better.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline wandering

• BABY DAISY IS FREAKIN HAWT
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • XXX FREE HOT WADAISY PICS
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2008, 04:12:01 AM »
Regarding Stardust, the film's decent but the climax is annoying. (spoilers) The hero shouldn't have hid with his mother while his ally fought the villains. Also, I don't like it when filmmakers have the good guys kill the bad guy with a magic love ray. (Fifth Element is another film that does this.) If you don't want your hero to pick up a sword or gun and kill, have the guts to keep the bad guy alive.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2008, 05:55:42 AM by Wandering »
“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2008, 09:07:48 AM »
so what are examples of emo bands so I can better form an opinion of this stuff. You talking about crap like Green Day? I tried google search and everything is all cluttered and nothing makes sense. Like nobody has a clear definition of the term.

eh.. greenday isnt such a good example. they have the look going but not the music. Think of bands like My Chemicle Romance, Panic At The Disco, Fall Out Boy. all these popular bands that get listed under "rock" but do anything but. High pitches whiney singers who sing about girls all the time, pants that are waaaaay too tight and some eyeliner.. thats emo right there.

Though the tight pants, bright colors and some other of those "rock" accessories are making their way into the hip-hop scene... i find it funny cuz around here you would of gotten beat up a few years ago if you were a guy wearing SUPER TIGHT pants with a leather studdd belt, eyeliner, and a pink and blue shirt or hoody... now its a trend. Sad

Oh if you wanna check out a good funny song about the subject, download "Signing Emo" by MC Lars. Its a hilarious tale about a fake band that makes it big, but when Industrial music starts getting trendy they re-format their sound and end up losing it all.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2008, 09:09:53 AM by EasyCure »

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
    • Web Design Web Hosting Computer Sales and Service
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2008, 12:15:29 PM »
Regarding Stardust, the film's decent but the climax is annoying. (spoilers) The hero shouldn't have hid with his mother while his ally fought the villains. Also, I don't like it when filmmakers have the good guys kill the bad guy with a magic love ray. (Fifth Element is another film that does this.) If you don't want your hero to pick up a sword or gun and kill, have the guts to keep the bad guy alive.

I never thought of the similarity of 5th Element and Stardust. That's another one of my favorite films.

Yes, the magic love ray at the end seems like a cheap way out. Hell, I would've hacked the witches head off when she turned around seemingly in mourning. I would have been very surprised if the movie ended with them just leaving and the witch not doing anything. Then later show her at their crowning ceremony all prettied up but still old and wrinkled... That's too 'Princess Bride' though.

Offline animecyberrat

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2008, 12:31:08 PM »
And I hate all of the bands you listed. That was what I always pictured when people say Emo but when I google bands I never heard of always come up.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2008, 02:12:31 PM »
th
And I hate all of the bands you listed. That was what I always pictured when people say Emo but when I google bands I never heard of always come up.

There's a million of them i never would of heard about if i didnt work in a trendy mall store that sold their stupid merchandise. I wouldnt of known what Spacers are for your ears either (the most disgusting thing i have ever seen is SUPER stretched ears) and all this other stuff i've learned to hate

Offline animecyberrat

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2008, 02:18:39 PM »
would that be Hot Topic?

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2008, 02:29:28 PM »
Correctamundo. The only reason i stayed there for as long as i did was because it was easy as hell, espeically when i made a manager position. I hung out with my friends from there (who equally dislike everything there) and hit on cute girls (and hoped they werent 16)

also discounts on nintendo merch was SUPER

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2008, 02:33:53 PM »
No girls who shop at Hot Topic are over the age of sixteen.  You should know better.

Offline animecyberrat

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2008, 02:35:31 PM »
so you lie about your age and pretend it's ok.

Offline UltimatePartyBear

• Voice of Reason
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2008, 02:35:57 PM »
So what are spacers for your ears?

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2008, 03:06:10 PM »
No girls who shop at Hot Topic are over the age of sixteen.  You should know better.

Not true, many a slutty college girl go in to get "cute" jewelry for their belly peircings. Or tattoo magazines. Actually this one time a chick came in and bought four of the same tatoo mag and her friend said to me "i know you probably think she's weird for buying for of the same issue but heres why!" and flashed me a 4-page article they wrote up about her tattoos, and she was wearing a very skimpy bikini for the photos. Every time she'd come in after that i could ONLY picture her in that bikini.. it was awesome.

so you lie about your age and pretend it's ok.

*DING DING DING* You are a winna!!! Actually i'd only suck it up if they looked ATLEAST 17 (and there are waves to prove it) cuz i was only 18 when i started there and 20 by the time i left so 17 didnt seem too bad..

So what are spacers for your ears?

You know when they show some African tribes and they have those lip-disc places in their mouths? imagine that in someones ear. Small ones werent bad but some people stretched their ears out to disgusting lengths..

Edit: Picture. Don't know who those ears belong too but its the only picture i could find since i'm at work and afraid to type in "flesh plugs" into a goodle search..

Oh and i'll stop derailing the thread now.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2008, 03:27:54 PM by EasyCure »

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2008, 03:13:38 PM »
It's a movie, anyone seen it? It's pretty hard to find.

So I guess ShyGuy and I are the only people here who have seen it.  What a shame.

Offline animecyberrat

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2008, 04:59:35 PM »
well I need to know what it's about and who plays in it before I will watch it.