Author Topic: Real Men die first...  (Read 3794 times)

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
Real Men die first...
« on: March 18, 2008, 11:37:59 PM »
Oh yeah...
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
Re: Real Men die first...
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2008, 11:39:47 PM »
It's not my fault; I'm bad at Pokeman Trainer.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Svevan

• Not Afraid of Being Afraid
  • Score: -9
    • View Profile
    • Continuity
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2008, 12:03:36 AM »
I hate how uneven Pokemon Trainer is. I'm alright with Venusaur who has some awesome and powerful attacks, but I don't think Charizard is all that great. Squirtle has movement advantages but isn't very powerful.
Evan T. Burchfield, aka Svevan
NWR Message Board Artist

My Blog

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2008, 12:08:04 AM »
Real Men don't use excuses. :)
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2008, 12:35:47 AM »
Real Men don't use excuses. :)

LOL BAN TEH POKEMON CHARACTER
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline mastro

• I less than three U
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2008, 12:53:52 AM »
The thing about Pokemon trainer is you have to use 3 different characters and learn 3 different strategies. Charizard is very good especially in boss battles if you get to know how to use him. He is actually my boss battle character. I haven;lt used pokemon trainer that much yet but I imagine I will eventually spend some time with him.
If you add any of my WiiC or any FC please PM me.

Wii #                   
4871 4170 1627 4831

Endless Ocean #       
7415 7735 7984

Smash Bros Brawl #   
1032 0904 4453

Offline decoyman

• is a raging alcoholic (and Moppy's #1 fan)
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2008, 03:17:10 PM »
The thing about Pokemon trainer is you have to use 3 different characters and learn 3 different strategies. Charizard is very good especially in boss battles if you get to know how to use him. He is actually my boss battle character. I haven;lt used pokemon trainer that much yet but I imagine I will eventually spend some time with him.

Actually, I agree 100% with this. I was just getting ready to respond similarly: in going through SSE, I used Charizard in a boss bottle, and tore that mother a new one. This is having never used Charizard, either. He's just a good weight, has good enough range/speed in his attacks, and enough heft in them to do some good damage. That rock attack, while stupid looking, showed its true use in that first battle against a boss.

Charizard, aka Boss Buster.
Twitter
3DS Friend Code: 3067-7420-5671 (Aaronaut)

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2008, 02:53:40 PM »
I agree with what mastro and decoy said. I haven't played Brawl yet, but I thought the point of the Pokemon trainer having 3 characters was that you had three characters with different abilities and stats and that you had to effectively use them in battle. After all, the game forces you to switch characters if you spam them for too long.

So if PT is uneven that's the point.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer