Author Topic: Gamecube games were harder than Wii games.  (Read 12485 times)

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Gamecube games were harder than Wii games.
« Reply #50 on: March 20, 2008, 07:47:02 PM »

Guess I figured Veteran was the same as Hard in previous Metroid games which used to be a bit harder than I could handle, I'd usually get stuck on one of the later bosses (Ridley or the final boss)

Actually you're kind of right.  Veteran mode is pretty close in difficulty to Prime 1's Hard Mode, where some of the enemies take a huge amount of hits just to kill.  Of course it's not as bad as Prime 2's Hard mode when some of the boss fights in that game become extremly cheap when the enemies required twice as many hits to beat.

Of course in a way then Prime 3's difficulty is kind of unbalanced when I think about it.  Normal Mode in Prime 3 was made extremly easy so anyone could beat it, while Veteran Mode was made to be about as hard as Prime 1 and 2's Hard Modes.  So for people that couldn't beat Prime 1 and 2's Normal modes only because of the later bosses, but could play the rest of the game, what are their choices then?  They can play Normal mode but it'd be too easy or they could play Veteran mode which would be too hard.

It seems then that maybe Prime 3 needed 4 difficulty settings then to really appeal to everyone.  They should have renamed Normal, Easy mode since that's what it was.  Had a Normal mode which was around Prime 1's Normal mode and then called Veteran, Hard mode since it's closer to Prime 1's Hard.

Of course Hyper could be left the same since as the name says, it's a Hyper ****ing difficulty that takes forever to beat.  Having to fight a boss for over close to 2 hours only to die at the last second because your hands are starting too hurt is NOT fun.  Seriously, I want to punch whoever designed the Mogenar boss fight right in the face.  He was annoying enough in Veteran but on Hyper, the fight makes you want to throw your TV right through the damn window.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2008, 07:48:37 PM by Luigi Dude »
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 20, 2008, 09:32:03 PM »
Epona seems to be like 1 of 3 horses in the entire game.

Nintendo should have included a herd of wild horses.  The world would feel more alive with some non-hostile wildlife wandering around, and if you thought angering a flock of chickens was dangerous....

This is a beautiful idea.
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline animecyberrat

• Official NWR Lindsay Lohan Fan
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 21, 2008, 02:31:22 AM »
god no, I hate horses.
"You can call me THE RAT, thank you very much"

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 21, 2008, 08:38:25 AM »
I do to wish there was more going on out there.  But man it was awesome right your horse and kick the **** out of enemies on it.
I hated those parts of the game with a passion because it was just an exercise in frustration for me.  I could have lived without them.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 21, 2008, 11:49:49 AM »
I do to wish there was more going on out there.  But man it was awesome right your horse and kick the **** out of enemies on it.
I hated those parts of the game with a passion because it was just an exercise in frustration for me.  I could have lived without them.

Really?  That is a definite to each his own then, love those parts, they are sort of GTA-ish. 
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #55 on: March 21, 2008, 01:46:26 PM »
Nothing tops the Bunny Hood.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #56 on: March 29, 2008, 07:20:31 PM »

Guess I figured Veteran was the same as Hard in previous Metroid games which used to be a bit harder than I could handle, I'd usually get stuck on one of the later bosses (Ridley or the final boss)

Actually you're kind of right.  Veteran mode is pretty close in difficulty to Prime 1's Hard Mode, where some of the enemies take a huge amount of hits just to kill.  Of course it's not as bad as Prime 2's Hard mode when some of the boss fights in that game become extremly cheap when the enemies required twice as many hits to beat.

Of course in a way then Prime 3's difficulty is kind of unbalanced when I think about it.  Normal Mode in Prime 3 was made extremly easy so anyone could beat it, while Veteran Mode was made to be about as hard as Prime 1 and 2's Hard Modes.  So for people that couldn't beat Prime 1 and 2's Normal modes only because of the later bosses, but could play the rest of the game, what are their choices then?  They can play Normal mode but it'd be too easy or they could play Veteran mode which would be too hard.

It seems then that maybe Prime 3 needed 4 difficulty settings then to really appeal to everyone.  They should have renamed Normal, Easy mode since that's what it was.  Had a Normal mode which was around Prime 1's Normal mode and then called Veteran, Hard mode since it's closer to Prime 1's Hard.

Of course Hyper could be left the same since as the name says, it's a Hyper ****ing difficulty that takes forever to beat.  Having to fight a boss for over close to 2 hours only to die at the last second because your hands are starting too hurt is NOT fun.  Seriously, I want to punch whoever designed the Mogenar boss fight right in the face.  He was annoying enough in Veteran but on Hyper, the fight makes you want to throw your TV right through the damn window.
I disagree with you I haven't beat MP on normal but I have beaten all the difficulties on MP3 except Hyper I am on Phaze. I would have to agree that the difference between controls makes a difference.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.