Author Topic: enter the matrix  (Read 10444 times)

Offline GoldShadow1

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
enter the matrix
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2003, 08:46:08 AM »
I don't think the movie was pure action, Don'tHate.  I haven't seen The Matrix Reloaded, but if it is nothing but action I will be very disappointed.  The first movie had a lot of cool sci-fi ideas and concepts, an intriguing story that wraps up war, science-fiction and religion together.  It was full of suspense - like crawling down the shaft - and treachery, and love.  The parts that are just pure action are some of my least favorite parts, although they are still very cool.  The best part of the movie is in the very beginning.  If you take away all that, The Matrix would just be another martial-arts movie.

Offline Don'tHate742

• View Profile
enter the matrix
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2003, 12:16:21 PM »
But the action scenes are what's left in peoples head.....that and the part where he picks through all those guns. Its becuase those parts were the most memorable and fun to have witnessed. I geuss we are opposites my friend.
"lol in my language that means poo" - Stevey

"WTF is your languange" - Vudu

Offline Caster13

• View Profile
RE: enter the matrix
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2003, 12:57:47 PM »
Text-based experience hacking?

Keyboards for the GameCube?

Offline nathan

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2003, 12:58:06 PM »
Whatever it turns out to be, I'll bet I'll still be glad I bought it .  If it's just pure action, then what's wrong with that?  As long as it's good "action," I won't be complaining.  I mean, it's got a good concept, so what if it's all about "shootin' 'em up"?  Opening up on your MP5, emptying a clip, all while dogding bullets; when thats over, go throw out some crazy punches and kicks.  All I'm saying is, it's a great concept, if the game is well produced and has very-few to no bugs, I think it'll turn out great. . . whether it's a mind-boggling action game or 100% shoot 'em up James Bond style.

Though I might have a hard time deciding between this or Hitman 2.  So many games and such a small allowance
Im Nathan1981 on TGN

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
    • View Profile
enter the matrix
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2003, 03:32:35 PM »
  I was skeptical about this game-until today.  I just saw a little 5 minute preview of the game on tech tv , and it looks great.  The fighting looks like it does in the movie.  And they said you can 'hack'into levels to find weapons, exits etc...  It really looks good to me now.
"If a man comes to the door of poetry untouched by the madness of the muses, believing that technique alone will make him a great poet, he and his sane compositions never reach perfection, but are utterly eclipsed by the inspired madman." Socrates

Offline Don'tHate742

• View Profile
enter the matrix
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2003, 05:26:02 PM »
Do you have to order tech TV?
"lol in my language that means poo" - Stevey

"WTF is your languange" - Vudu

Offline aoi tsuki

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2003, 05:59:59 PM »
No, it's available with standard cable.
"Snake felt a hunger for Meryl blossom within his loins."

Offline nathan

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2003, 05:02:06 PM »
http://gamestop.com/gs/matrixpop/matrixinterview.html

A little over half-way down the page talks about the action part.  It tells some about the "hacking" but not a whole lot.  Just saw this browsing the site, thought you all might like to see it, too.
Im Nathan1981 on TGN

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
enter the matrix
« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2003, 08:06:52 PM »
depends on where you live..i dont get it with my digital cable, and i dont get it for my normal cable. My brother gets it on his sattelite.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline nolimit19

• The Owner
    • View Profile
enter the matrix
« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2003, 12:27:12 AM »
i will be suprised if this game turns out to be good at all.
A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be. Moderation in temper is always a virtue; but moderation in principle is always a vice.

Thomas Paine

Offline Alliedrally68

• View Profile
enter the matrix
« Reply #35 on: May 13, 2003, 06:40:08 AM »
Well, I'm hoping it'll be good.  I pre-ordered it awhile ago.  We're gonna pick it up while we're waiting in line to see the movie and put my gamecube and TV in the back of my blazer and play the game while we're waiting in line for the movie!  It's gonna be soo bomb!
Allied Rally
.....////////......///////....
...///...........///...///....
..////////.......//////.......
.///...///.....///...///......
.///////......///////.........  "

Offline Hemmorrhoid

• View Profile
enter the matrix
« Reply #36 on: May 13, 2003, 06:56:16 AM »
im really more interested in the movie, but the game might be really fun
it cost 10million to develop, which doesnt have to mean its good though

if its decent action, good story and awesome moves im buying it
LZ 2005

Offline Alliedrally68

• View Profile
enter the matrix
« Reply #37 on: May 13, 2003, 07:04:34 AM »

it cost 10million to develop

Pretty amazing that it's already turned a profit in pre-orders only (assuming that people put full money down).  I think I read somewhere that Enter the Matrix has already passed 4 million pre-orders over the three systems (that may include PC as well).  Doing the math:

4,000,000 (orders) x $50 (cost) =  $200,000,000 = Holy freakin' crap!  
Allied Rally
.....////////......///////....
...///...........///...///....
..////////.......//////.......
.///...///.....///...///......
.///////......///////.........  "

Offline SCF

• View Profile
enter the matrix
« Reply #38 on: May 13, 2003, 10:47:56 AM »

Originally posted by: Alliedrally68

it cost 10million to develop

Pretty amazing that it's already turned a profit in pre-orders only (assuming that people put full money down).  I think I read somewhere that Enter the Matrix has already passed 4 million pre-orders over the three systems (that may include PC as well).  Doing the math:

4,000,000 (orders) x $50 (cost) =  $200,000,000 = Holy freakin' crap!

Yeah but remember how many people of those pre order but don't get the game . Just what happend to Zelda:WW pre orders where like 900,000 but it didn't sold all of them.

thks infernal monkey for my avatar